Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
play2win  
#21 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:37:29 PM(UTC)
dfosterf said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm having a tough time caring about what Johnny Jolly does or doesn't do anymore. Roughly 12,500 college players just had a shot at the NFL. A couple of hundred of them actually got drafted, and towards the ass-end of that draft we collectively lose quite a bit of interest.

I cannot respect those that simply toss away the kind of opportunity they were given, as it is in fact profound, when you look at the odds.

I liked him as a player... A LOT.

Not so much as a purple drank sucking fool.

He can KMA. Go play for Oakland or the Texans, closer to his magic trough of cough syrup or whatever.

Addiction is an interesting problem. Had he brought such a thing on of his own accord I might let this go, but his mother was a hopeless addict. I fully support Johnny Jolly and his recovery, and hope he succeeds.
wpr  
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:49:46 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Addiction is an interesting problem. Had he brought such a thing on of his own accord I might let this go, but his mother was a hopeless addict. I fully support Johnny Jolly and his recovery, and hope he succeeds.

I am willing to give him one chance to get it straightened out. But I am a soft touch unlike gunny. [grin1]
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:41:11 PM(UTC)
To quote somebody - I can't remember who, before there was J.J. Swat, there was THIS J.J. Swat. I wish him luck in his recovery for one reason - the good of the team.
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:38:20 AM(UTC)
Mike McCarthy said:
(I’ve) had opportunity to spend quite a bit of time with Johnny. He’s been in and out of town. His process is not complete yet so he’s not here full time. (But) Johnny’s off to a good start.

Jason Wilde said:
Meanwhile, Trgovac refuted a published report that defensive tackles Ryan Pickett and B.J. Raji came into the offseason program woefully out of shape.

“I think Pickett, in the five years since I’ve been here, I think this is the lightest he’s come in,” Trgovac said. “(And) B.J. came in right about where he left off.”

http://espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278
Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:00:49 AM(UTC)
I think badly out of shape has to be taken in context of whom the author is.. I, in no way, shape, or form expect Jolly to be in football shape coming in. Glad to hear Trgov refute the other stories.. it provides more insight in a beat writer looking for a story angle.

The skinny of it is this.. Jolly has probably one last shot at the NFL.. if he isn't hungry coming in, he probably will not occupy a roster spot in GB for long. I think we are exposed to no risk in this deal.. personally, I think if he can still play, we are going to get everything the guy has.

And if Jolly is even remotely close to the last time we seen him on the field.. he will provide a huge boost. Not expecting that.. but it would not surprise me either.
play2win  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:07:06 AM(UTC)
I think Johhny Jolly is the reason we did not go after Johnathan Jones or Jesse Williams in this last draft. He probably is our backup NT addition. I hope he delivers. It would make for a great story of redemption.
Pack93z  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:10:04 AM(UTC)
I think Johhny Jolly is the reason we did not go after Johnathan Jones or Jesse Williams in this last draft. He probably is our backup NT addition. I hope he delivers. It would make for a great story of redemption.

I really wanted John Jenkins to land with the Packers on the second day.
play2win  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:31:23 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
I really wanted John Jenkins to land with the Packers on the second day.

Ohhhhh man! ME TOO!!!! wow. Big disappointment...

What IS cool, is I think Jolly may be better, overall, against the pass. Both pass rushing and in batting balls down. All dependent on him regaining his latter form, for sure. But, I found it interesting. Even our pick of Boyd didn't seem to me like a backup NT selection, but rather a backup 3-4 DE selection who can play some nose.
Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:39:04 AM(UTC)
Ohhhhh man! ME TOO!!!! wow. Big disappointment...

What IS cool, is I think Jolly may be better, overall, against the pass. Both pass rushing and in batting balls down. All dependent on him regaining his latter form, for sure. But, I found it interesting. Even our pick of Boyd didn't seem to me like a backup NT selection, but rather a backup 3-4 DE selection who can play some nose.

Even if Jolly comes back, how long can we realistically expect to squeeze out of him and Picket? With Raji's impending contract situation, Jenkins I believe would have given us options and a longer term production.
play2win  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:18:24 PM(UTC)
Even if Jolly comes back, how long can we realistically expect to squeeze out of him and Picket? With Raji's impending contract situation, Jenkins I believe would have given us options and a longer term production.

Maybe both have one or two years with this team.
nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:24:13 PM(UTC)

That's true but look at how this board fell. GOTTA take those RBs.

Anyway, IF Jolly can come back I think he'll be ok. His body hasn't taken the pounding for three years. Might give him an extra year or two if he can age well.
wpr  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:28:09 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
That's true but look at how this board fell. GOTTA take those RBs.

Anyway, IF Jolly can come back I think he'll be ok. His body hasn't taken the pounding for three years. Might give him an extra year or two if he can age well.

and the purple koolaid may have taken 4 away.
Rss Feed