Change is Coming PACKERSHOME is going to be 10 years old later this season and for us to have another 10 years, things will have to change. Read Change is Coming for current issues that will be resolved.
Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:58:14 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2015Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 551
Applause Received: 667
He should get a full offseason of work and training at LT and come into camp with confidence and a sense of purpose. It's easy to forget (I know I did) he was drafted during the lockout. If he's completely healthy and trusts his leg, the only person holding Sherrod back is himself.
Offline Yerko  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:26:27 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 196
Applause Received: 346
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't even remember how Sherrod played - thought he did better then newhouse; but only just barely (but cant quite remember) ...
Just hope we got someone there then can stop the speed and power rushers ... (on both sides) like when we play Chicago or the Viks or now freaking the lions with their front line ...
allen, peppers, and now the whole lions front line.

IMO, I didn't think he was anything special for being a first round selection from the very little we saw of him. Didn't the Packers mess with him a little bit and put him at guard for a little bit?
I may be in the minority in this thought, but to expect him to come in and solve the problems at LT is reaching (not saying you said that).
As fans, we have been in the dark about this recovery. Makes me nervous about his comeback.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 5/1/2013(UTC), play2win on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:07:27 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,607
Yerko said: Go to Quoted Post
IMO, I didn't think he was anything special for being a first round selection from the very little we saw of him. Didn't the Packers mess with him a little bit and put him at guard for a little bit?
I may be in the minority in this thought, but to expect him to come in and solve the problems at LT is reaching (not saying you said that).
As fans, we have been in the dark about this recovery. Makes me nervous about his comeback.

Yeah they stuck him at LG and got him all messed up. He looked less than avg at LT at first. He was just coming around and getting some confidence when he went down. He may have to start over in the learning process but he will be fine by mid season. IF he is back from his injury rehab.
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:11:52 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
Yerko said: Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from him this year, but I am hopeful his health is good enough for him to win his job back. If he does, it will have been an exceptional accomplishment.
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:41:55 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 43
Hey Zero, what do you think of an "Injury Report" sticky so we can follow and update the health of our bros in green and gold? I'm still confused about where some are at.
Offline warhawk  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 4:42:18 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 257
porky88 said: Go to Quoted Post
Sherrod and Nick Perry's development is vital to the organization this season. They need a complimentary pass rush from Perry -- along with run discipline -- and I don't want to watch Marshall Newhouse play left tackle anymore. He’s not a complete collapse like Allen Barbre at right tackle, but that’s still no excuse for settling for a below average player.

I couldn't agree more. I will throw Buluga in there as well and Neal. These are three 1st round players and a 2nd and I cringe to have to count the number of games they have missed.

These are all players at positions that traditionally take time to develop and they need to get on the field. They didn't get drafted where they did if they couldn't play and I would dare say all of them could have turned the corner by now if they hadn't missed so damn much ball.

I don't even care about breakout seasons. Just get out there and play good solid football up to their abilities and that improves the team overall big time.

Rss Feed