Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:18:24 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Lang, Williams, Newhouse, Jennings, Pickett, and Neal will be fighting for starting spots but I don't see them getting cut. You don't improve the defense just by getting rid of starters and getting different ones and adding a bunch of rookies you do it by adding players that beat those players for starting spots. Not every spot on your team is going to be all-pros. I think fans don't appreciate how hard it is to find players that are better than the guys listed let alone find 53 better players and all during 1 offseason.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:44:37 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Ideally you hope for the first couple of rookies drafted to contribute at a level that helps your team get better.

Then you hope for a couple of rookies that surprise you and contribute more than expected.

Finally, you hope for a couple of rookies to make an impression and stick on the roster to develop into starters a year or so down the road.

I hope for impact from Jones and the two RB's. I think two to three defensive guys can rotate in and help the D.

I like the two Olinemen to make the team and maybe be a fill in for an injury later in the year and push for starting spots next year.

My surprise guess is the WR Johnson. I think if he can make the first 53 he and Rodgers will be a good duo later in the year.

Ted just has a way of finding those WR's.

History would say this many players in one draft doing what I would hope for above is against the odds.
"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:38:54 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Lang, Williams, Newhouse, Jennings, Pickett, and Neal will be fighting for starting spots but I don't see them getting cut. You don't improve the defense just by getting rid of starters and getting different ones and adding a bunch of rookies you do it by adding players that beat those players for starting spots. Not every spot on your team is going to be all-pros. I think fans don't appreciate how hard it is to find players that are better than the guys listed let alone find 53 better players and all during 1 offseason.

Hey, just for clarity, I'm not saying they are getting cut. That's six players, and I do think 7-9 of those listed are retained. However, I do see some pretty big turnover on this 2013 roster.

I like TJ Lang just fine, but I would guess he was one of those players who didn't grade out as high as he normally may have, with the poor play of Saturday and slipping play of Newhouse on either side. We did add a lot of OL talent recently. His starter spot may not be a given. Yet, he's probably the safest.

I do think an inordinate number of rookies will play critical roles this season. Also, I think we all would like to see better play at all of those positions listed. Big question marks loom with many of those players, creating opportunity for new talent.

Message modified by user Wednesday, May 1, 2013 4:10:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline earthquake  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:00:19 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 63

I'm curious, does anyone know the cap hit the packers would take by releasing Tramon Williams?

Not that I think that is likely, I figure they'll give him every chance to start and hope his shoulder is better.
blank
Rss Feed