Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:48:21 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 415

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think Eddie Lacy (why do people only use last names?) will be better for the Packers than Montee Ball would have been. I think Ball needs a wider hole than Lacy. I also feel that Lacy is more of a punishing back, which I think will help the Packers offense.

I feel Ball to the Broncos is a better fit than Lacy with the Broncos too.

I just don't think Lacy will live up to the hype. If he can punch it through on * and short, average more than 4 yards a carry, doesn't get the QB killed and doesn't fumble ... I'll put it down as a win for the Packers.

Who amongst us gives a rat's ass about Lacy living up to the hype? All we need is a credible running game, and imo, he looks good enough to provide it, regardless of how bad we are at creating a hole for the running back. [I] like him most because I suspect we need his beef to get through the initial (non) hole.

The fact that he excelled under a ZBS blocking system cannot be overlooked, imo. I think he is the perfect fit for us.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:54:25 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Who amongst us gives a rat's ass about Lacy living up to the hype? All we need is a credible running game, and imo, he looks good enough to provide it, regardless of how bad we are at creating a hole for the running back. [I] like him most because I suspect we need his beef to get through the initial (non) hole.

The fact that he excelled under a ZBS blocking system cannot be overlooked, imo.

Him and Franklin will make our Offensive line look like a pro bowl line.Flapper Dancing Laugh LOL Drool
Offline dfosterf  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:00:38 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Him and Franklin will make our Offensive line look like a pro bowl line.Flapper Dancing Laugh LOL Drool

This is a possibility, also. I frankly doubt it, to be honest... I'm totally fine with our current running backs... If there is no hole, there is no hole...

My minimal hopes rest reflecting upon the the production of Ahman Green and Ryan Grant. They seemed to manage without a hole, to my satisfaction, at least.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:09:05 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

This is a possibility, also. I frankly doubt it, to be honest... I'm totally fine with our current running backs... If there is no hole, there is no hole...

My minimal hopes rest reflecting upon the the production of Ahman Green and Ryan Grant. They seemed to manage without a hole, to my satisfaction, at least.

Honestly this line isn't that bad, we've just went through some troubles last year. From not running the ball effectively(which has to do with the running backs we've had as well) to not keeping healthy. Imo we have some physical lineman especially our guards. We just need to get some depth and stay healthy which we have gotten through the draft. This is a team game. I'm not blaming it all on the offensive line. Hell two years ago we only gave up 29 sacks. The thing i'll say about this line is that it lacks consistency. It's not like our lines gonna be the same as last years either. There's always room for improvement, no matter how bad the supposed coaching is. I'm very hopeful our line will be better.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:16:33 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I applaud you because that is what I want to be true. I want to sense it, and you put me in a better mood about the whole damn thing. Flapper
UserPostedImage

nerdmann on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:36:31 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,950
Applause Received: 2,166

The fact that he excelled under a ZBS blocking system cannot be overlooked, imo. I think he is the perfect fit for us.

What about the fact that the Packers haven't successfully executed the Zone Blocking Scheme? Can that be overlooked?
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:07:48 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What about the fact that the Packers haven't successfully executed the Zone Blocking Scheme? Can that be overlooked?

Hopefully they mix it up this year, cause I agree. Just go one on one and see what this O-Line can do. Isn't the zone blocking scheme for athletic lineman who aren't the strongest?
Offline beast  
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:28:40 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 246
Applause Received: 312

I think who the Packers would of taken if both were on the board still is an interesting question (one I asked my self during the draft). But as I thought then and still agree with, the Packers traded that option away for a 6th round pick (and they could of had both taken off the board)...

So my guess is that it's not that big of a deal between the two in Ted Thompson / the Packers mind.

And who knows... Ted Thompson might of been thinking if they both get taken I'll take another player maybe another RB or a different position...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 5/2/2013(UTC), play2win on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed