Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online wpr  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:35:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Not cheap but it's a pilgrimage so damn the kids college fund Big Grin

Mecca. This is a journey to Mecca and every fan needs to make the journey at least once in their life. ThumpUp
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline PackerTraxx  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:41:37 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'm glad others suggested the HOF. If you have any appreciation for the history of the Packers and the NFL it is a must. Another suggestion would be to fly into Madison or drive from GB and take in a Badger game on Saturday if that's possible, have a good full weekend of football. Both are two of the best game day experiences in the nation, yet quite different. By the way, unless it's a real big game you can pick up 2 tickets for the Badgers outside Camp Randall the day of the game at about face value or less. If it were me I would take a 3 day weekend, fly into GB or close by, take in the HOF and GB on Fri, go to Madison on Sat, and GB game on Sun. You may need Mon. to recuperate but it will be worth it!LOL
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:31:23 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

if your looking for a hotel check out the little town North of Green Bay called Oconto, they have 2 hotels and its only a 20 minute drive. Now for the airport I would suggest flying into Milwaukee via Southwest or check into flying into Appleton on an airline called Allegiant, I flew my mom from Las Vegas for $119 each way
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:23:10 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
if your looking for a hotel check out the little town North of Green Bay called Oconto, they have 2 hotels and its only a 20 minute drive. Now for the airport I would suggest flying into Milwaukee via Southwest or check into flying into Appleton on an airline called Allegiant, I flew my mom from Las Vegas for $119 each way

Appleton sounds to me like the best place to fly in. It's really only about a 20-30 minute drive, depending. Traffic can get congested on gameday though. Traffic to the south can be a bitch.

Lots of of cool bars in Appleton. It's a college town. Check out college avenue.

Wausau also would be a cool idea. Lots of outdoors type stuff to do there. Longer drive than Appleton, but it would very likely be less congested.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Laser Gunns  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:38:23 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

there are dozens of places within walking distance of the stadium. Not cheap but it's a pilgrimage so damn the kids college fund.

$10.00? are you serious. The kids are already not going to college so splurge and spend the $10.00 Big Grin

I AM the college kid!

Trying to budget the $$$ for both of us. But DAMMIT we are going!

We've been talking about it for years, I'm trying to get it in motion.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:51:31 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
I AM the college kid!

If you're college kids, see if you can network a place to crash for the weekend. And shit man, you might wanna really check out Appleton. LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dhazer  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:18:45 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
I AM the college kid!

facebook people going to uwgb and maybe they can hook you up with a room to stay at like WPR said.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:41:21 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
facebook people going to uwgb and maybe they can hook you up with a room to stay at like WPR said.

Or Lawrence U kids. UWGB is extremely lame.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:40:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Went to Kroll's East for lunch yesterday. Bacon cheeseburger with fries. It wasn't that bad, but when you order, make sure to tell them you do not want butter added ... unless you like'em super greasy! I think that Five Guys Burgers and Fries is better.
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
20130514_120138_Fox River Trail (Green Bay to Greenleaf).jpg (24kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:48:26 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Went to Kroll's East for lunch yesterday. Bacon cheeseburger with fries. It wasn't that bad, but when you order, make sure to tell them you do not want butter added ... unless you like'em super greasy! I think that Five Guys Burgers and Fries is better.

Why do you HATE the Green Bay Packers and their traditions?
Rss Feed