Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
warhawk  
#41 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:12:06 PM(UTC)
I will put getting over the hump in THREE catagories vs. players

1) A solid draft that upgrades the running game and the DL play. I would say that's been done.

2) Improved play from 2nd and third year players where you normally want to see young players take that next step. Neal, House, Burnett, McMillian, Perry, etc.

3) Injured players back and ready to go. Sherrod, Bishop, Perry, Bulaga and a kicker with Williams and House 100% to start the spring.

If you add it up this is a lot of players coming back and contributing at a higher level which I think will go further than an ace FA or relying on some kind of miraculous draft class to get over the hump.

We have had the lousy luck of pretty darn good and important players for us that go down and stay down. This can't keep happening for a realistic chance. A game or a few games here or there, yeah. Guys get hurt. Last year for us far too many went down and never got up or never got started.

No way this years team will be easy for anybody to beat as long as we can keep them on the field.

Pack93z  
#42 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 5:40:53 AM(UTC)
One player now that the draft is done that I think would really help solidify the Packers up front on defense for a year or two.. Richard Seymour.

He still have enough left in the tank to help the Packers bridge the gap until some of the youngsters can fill in, most notably Worthy returning to the fold from injury.

Not only that, but the guy would bring a strong presence to the locker room.. I see it as a win win for the Packers in an attempt to make the run at the Lombardi this year.

Even in a rotational role, he would have an impact.
play2win  
#43 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:01:27 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
One player now that the draft is done that I think would really help solidify the Packers up front on defense for a year or two.. Richard Seymour.

He still have enough left in the tank to help the Packers bridge the gap until some of the youngsters can fill in, most notably Worthy returning to the fold from injury.

Not only that, but the guy would bring a strong presence to the locker room.. I see it as a win win for the Packers in an attempt to make the run at the Lombardi this year.

Even in a rotational role, he would have an impact.

Absolutely! I would love to see that kind of signing. Richard Seymour is a veteran who has done it all in the 3-4. He would be stout in the run game, and would be a good player for some of our younger guys to learn from. He could have a very positive effect on our whole DL, however, it is a numbers game, and the roster positions are tight. I doubt heavily that Ted would make such a move, but I think it would be a smart one for him to make for this season.

I don't see Worthy returning this year at all. He's young and enthusiastic, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on IR for 2013. Datone Jones and Josh Boyd will make that a reality for Worthy. A full year to recover and get back into playing shape will help him.
Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:07:35 AM(UTC)
Signing the 33 year old Richard Seymour would seem really odd to me considering they didn't re-sign Cullen Jenkins when he was 29/30 and proven to mesh with the defensive scheme.

Seymour will not be signed, nor would he be a good addition.
OlHoss1884  
#45 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:10:51 AM(UTC)
Both good calls!
While Seymour would be a good edition, there is a lot of depth on the D-Line and I think, since most of them are young, the roster we have is a lot cheaper. If Worthy is PUP and if there are some injury issues, I could see them taking a late flier on him, but I am guessing if he hasn't signed anywhere yet, he's probably asking for every down all-pro money which no one wants to pay right now.
wpr  
#46 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:37:08 AM(UTC)
A two year deal for Seymour couldn't hurt. He would sure help anchor the DL.
But since signing a FA is against the rules Ted will refrain.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Barfarn (6h) : Bart's not on injury report, he's startin'
Smokey (6h) : I hope that means that he (Bart Starr) is in better health these days .
Zero2Cool (6h) : Bart Starr returning to Lambeau Field for Packers-Saints game Sunday
Porforis (22h) : Glad to have King back. And House. Packers need 'em.
Zero2Cool (19-Oct) : Good! smack some posts in the forum right?!? :-) can't wait to read it
uffda udfa (18-Oct) : No more clutter.
Cheesey (18-Oct) : Go get him Uncle Ted!!
Zero2Cool (18-Oct) : Former Packers pass-rusher Datone Jones is back on the market.
Zero2Cool (18-Oct) : Good news for #Packers secondary: rookie CB Kevin King and vet CB Davon House (quad) both practiced. King has cleared concussion protocol.
Zero2Cool (18-Oct) : Vince Biegel back on practice field!!
Zero2Cool (18-Oct) : Maybe this little shout has no value if people gonna use it instead of the forum.
Zero2Cool (18-Oct) : He's not writing. He's shouting, and its making the shout kind of without point with the clutter.
buckeyepackfan (18-Oct) : Just like last year at 4-6. The guy is just too funny!
buckeyepackfan (18-Oct) : GOOD news Uffda is already all but writing The Packers off for 2017!
uffda udfa (18-Oct) : Masturbation talk from Barfan? Nothing could make me COME back, quicker.
wpr (18-Oct) : Maybe the shout box needs to take a timeout. People keep using it. ;)
Zero2Cool (18-Oct) : Why do this is in shout? So frustrating. Post in forums. Thanks
Barfarn (18-Oct) : Masterbation will relieve some of that nervous tension!
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Now, a guy they really liked and have groomed for 3 years is the guy. Tons of toys on O. Let's see how it runs with a great coach, now.
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : The Flynn Patriots game has been used to say that he is. Seneca and Scott showed otherwise.
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Hundley is going to settle the debate once and for all in whether Mike McCarthy is a great coach, or not.
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Doesn't speak well to the talent acquired by the org, does it? Easy to say talent is great until Rodgers is gone and you have to see it wit
Porforis (17-Oct) : Could Sam Bradford come into the Packers and post a winning record from here on out? Are there any non-starters in the NFL that could?
Zero2Cool (17-Oct) : Teddy is replaceable. Aaron is not. Vikings have a really good defense. We do not. Understand??
Zero2Cool (17-Oct) : You are wise enough to know the difference. Right?
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Here's one for you, Z. Vikes lose Teddy B. and go out and aggressively get Bradford. Packers lose 12 and go out and get a UDFA.
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : :) Evans had a pre-draft visit with Packers.
Zero2Cool (17-Oct) : Put it in a topic. My lord why so difficult lol
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jerod-evans?id=2558099
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/former-virginia-tech-qb-jerod-evans-issues-warning-after-going-undrafted-043017
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Oh, Jerod Evans formerly of Va Tech is our Hokie QB plan
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Was previously on Eagles PS
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Tweeted the below due to huge chip on his shoulder for going undrafted after leaving early.
uffda udfa (17-Oct) : Packers add Jerod Evans to PS. He went undrafted: https://twitter.com/rodfor6_/status/858382534274682884
Smokey (17-Oct) : NO a 6 point favorite to beat the Packers in GB .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys