Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#41 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:12:06 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

I will put getting over the hump in THREE catagories vs. players

1) A solid draft that upgrades the running game and the DL play. I would say that's been done.

2) Improved play from 2nd and third year players where you normally want to see young players take that next step. Neal, House, Burnett, McMillian, Perry, etc.

3) Injured players back and ready to go. Sherrod, Bishop, Perry, Bulaga and a kicker with Williams and House 100% to start the spring.

If you add it up this is a lot of players coming back and contributing at a higher level which I think will go further than an ace FA or relying on some kind of miraculous draft class to get over the hump.

We have had the lousy luck of pretty darn good and important players for us that go down and stay down. This can't keep happening for a realistic chance. A game or a few games here or there, yeah. Guys get hurt. Last year for us far too many went down and never got up or never got started.

No way this years team will be easy for anybody to beat as long as we can keep them on the field.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 4/29/2013(UTC), play2win on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#42 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 5:40:53 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

One player now that the draft is done that I think would really help solidify the Packers up front on defense for a year or two.. Richard Seymour.

He still have enough left in the tank to help the Packers bridge the gap until some of the youngsters can fill in, most notably Worthy returning to the fold from injury.

Not only that, but the guy would bring a strong presence to the locker room.. I see it as a win win for the Packers in an attempt to make the run at the Lombardi this year.

Even in a rotational role, he would have an impact.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 5/24/2013(UTC), OlHoss1884 on 5/24/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#43 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:01:27 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
One player now that the draft is done that I think would really help solidify the Packers up front on defense for a year or two.. Richard Seymour.

He still have enough left in the tank to help the Packers bridge the gap until some of the youngsters can fill in, most notably Worthy returning to the fold from injury.

Not only that, but the guy would bring a strong presence to the locker room.. I see it as a win win for the Packers in an attempt to make the run at the Lombardi this year.

Even in a rotational role, he would have an impact.

Absolutely! I would love to see that kind of signing. Richard Seymour is a veteran who has done it all in the 3-4. He would be stout in the run game, and would be a good player for some of our younger guys to learn from. He could have a very positive effect on our whole DL, however, it is a numbers game, and the roster positions are tight. I doubt heavily that Ted would make such a move, but I think it would be a smart one for him to make for this season.

I don't see Worthy returning this year at all. He's young and enthusiastic, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on IR for 2013. Datone Jones and Josh Boyd will make that a reality for Worthy. A full year to recover and get back into playing shape will help him.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
OlHoss1884 on 5/24/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:07:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Signing the 33 year old Richard Seymour would seem really odd to me considering they didn't re-sign Cullen Jenkins when he was 29/30 and proven to mesh with the defensive scheme.

Seymour will not be signed, nor would he be a good addition.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline OlHoss1884  
#45 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:10:51 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 167

Both good calls!
While Seymour would be a good edition, there is a lot of depth on the D-Line and I think, since most of them are young, the roster we have is a lot cheaper. If Worthy is PUP and if there are some injury issues, I could see them taking a late flier on him, but I am guessing if he hasn't signed anywhere yet, he's probably asking for every down all-pro money which no one wants to pay right now.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline wpr  
#46 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:37:08 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,142
Applause Received: 1,515

A two year deal for Seymour couldn't hurt. He would sure help anchor the DL.
But since signing a FA is against the rules Uncle Teddy will refrain.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Rss Feed