Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 11:58:44 AM(UTC)
Can you imagine George Cumby going up against this guy???

ESPN said:
If St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher was looking to add size to the offensive line, he accomplished his goal.

Terrell Brown, an undrafted free agent out of Ole Miss who stands just under 7 feet tall and weighs more than 400 pounds, will shift from the defensive line to offensive line, Fisher said Thursday.

Leading up to the draft, Brown was listed at 6-foot-10 and 388 pounds. However, Fisher said those stats aren't quite accurate.

"Actually, we weighed him in at 403," Fisher told reporters Thursday. "We had him in for the tryout, and he had some issues that we had to clear up from a physical standpoint. But he got that put behind us. We worked him out on both sides of the ball, defensive line and offensive line, and we felt like his best position would be right tackle. [Rams offensive line coach Paul Boudreau] said he'd love to have him. He's a defensive lineman that we've converted to offensive lineman."

Fisher also joked of using Brown on special teams to "block" some kicks.

Brown played sparingly during his three-year career at Ole Miss, appearing in two games at offensive tackle in 2012 and eight games at defensive tackle in 2011.
Despite his limited playing time, Brown still was the center of attention at Ole Miss' pro day. The massive Brown, who has 38-inch arms and a 92 3/8-inch wingspan, ran the 40 in 5.80 and 5.88 seconds, had a 5.65-second short shuttle and a 8.98-second three-cone drill. He also had a 23½-inch vertical jump and 6-foot-9 broad jump and performed 22 lifts on the bench press.

For those too young to remember George Cumby:

JSOnline said:
On Oct. 21, 1985, at Soldier Field, Chicago head coach Mike Ditka employed the 320-pound rookie defensive tackle as a blocking back at the goal line.

Trailing 7-0, the Bears tied the game when Walter Payton scored on a 2-yard run early in the second quarter. Leading the way was Perry, who at full steam met the 220-pound Cumby in the hole and flattened him on his back in the end zone.

ABC replayed the hit several times, with announcers Frank Gifford, O.J. Simpson and Joe Namath gushing over the play.

"It took him right out of the stadium," Gifford said. Namath later added, "Perry knocked him into next week is what he did. (Cumby) was outweighed by 101 pounds at least."

Here's a video of the block (at about the 25 sec spot, first play is a Perry TD carry)...
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 5:06:56 AM(UTC)
Wow, big dude.
Certainly nothing more than a shot in the dark, but why not, I guess.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Fan Shout
DarkaneRules (2h) : to*
DarkaneRules (2h) : Whatever happens, we've got to get Josh move near the LOS where he belongs.
TheKanataThrilla (10h) : Would we consider trying Rollins a S?
gbguy20 (10h) : so what's the deal then, are we to expect to see josh Jones in Morgan Burnetts spot this season? i guess I can't say I'm opposed to the idea.
Smokey (16h) : BG is in no hurry to anounce a new Rodgers deal. Smart !
gbguy20 (17h) : When is Rodgers signing that extension that was supposedly only awaiting Kirk? Typing on a phone makes things tough.
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : That's what I was thinking: I wasn't aware that he was quitting.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Hopefully not for a long time. We need him.
gbguy20 (17-Mar) : when is 12 resigning
Nonstopdrivel (17-Mar) : I have to say I like it, even if it means I have to put up with occasional ads for Maseratis. 😂
Nonstopdrivel (17-Mar) : Interestingly, since I blocked third-party cookies, ads I see tend to relate to the content of the page instead of my most recent Amazon searches.
TheKanataThrilla (17-Mar) : Mathieu to Texans? I thought he wanted to go to a play that was all about winning football games?
hardrocker950 (17-Mar) : Bears already matched
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears will certainly match it though. Maybe restructure after year one?
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : but bears got lots of money, didn't think anyone would make the offer
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : good question
Nonstopdrivel (16-Mar) : Can another team come and big even higher, or is it a one-off thing?
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears WILL match the Kyle Fuller offer, but still, good move.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : @RapSheet Source: The #Raiders are expected to sign #Colts FA CB Rashaan Melvin. More defensive talent adde
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Packers sign Bears CB Kyle Fuller to offer sheet
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Packers have signed TE @TheJimmyGraham. Graham will wear No. 80 for the Packers
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Vikings are finalizing a 1-year deal with Sheldon Richardson,
Nonstopdrivel (16-Mar) : Beast, my five-year-old wants to know that you're the best.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Eagles are releasing DL Vinny Curry
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : CB Bashaud Breeland cut his foot in a non-football injury and it got infected, source said. He is now a few months away from being able to pass a physical.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : @massey_evan Can confirm that the #Packers have been in touch with Tyrann Mathieu.
hardrocker950 (16-Mar) : Good CBs don't come around every day... It shouldn't be a surprise that they get paid well.
DarkaneRules (16-Mar) : These CB contracts were out of control. Maybe there's value in the later rounds of FA
DarkaneRules (16-Mar) : pack runs a tight ship
Cheesey (16-Mar) : Jennings didn’t act like a jerk when he was here. After he left he did.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : We should bring S Eric Reid, played some LB and is just 26.
Smokey (16-Mar) : OK--> lol
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : ww = we ? I'm not sure.
Smokey (16-Mar) : Who is ww ?
gbguy20 (16-Mar) : the way greg has acted since he left i can't believe ww ever liked him
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM