Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:50:40 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Why today for an announcement? To answer that, today would have been Nick’s 32nd birthday and rather than be sad I wanted to mark the day with something positive. It is also my Grandma’s 75th birthday.

One of PackersHome’s intentions is to give Packers fans a unique experience, something that isn't found on your everyday run-of-the-mill internet communities. With that said, we’re going to talk a little bit about Trophies, and MintBaconDrivel.

Trophies
You may have noticed a few within the community have suddenly had trophies displayed in their userbox under their avatar. These trophies are given to those who have placed 3rd or better in the annual PackersHome contests over the last five years. Over said period of time we have held a Pick’em league through an Excel spreadsheet (that was a pain!) and Yahoo!. We have held Fantasy Football on ESPN, Yahoo! and FleaFlicker and we have also held NCAA March Madness tournaments on ESPN and Yahoo!

Current Contests and Platform
  • Fantasy Football will continue to be held on FleaFlicker.com

• NCAA March Madness will continue to be held on Yahoo.com

• NFL Pick'em will now be held right here at PackersHome.com with the application we have developed. Best part, no additional registration needed!

Trophies page
Up above, you'll notice a new page titled "trophies". You can see all the past winners as well as 2nd and 3rd place finishers. We are still trying to peg down the full 3 place finalists for some of the contests.

Prizes
Starting with the winners of the 2013 PackersHome NFL Pick’em and Fantasy Football, each will receive Green Bay Packers memorabilia. Pretty damn cool huh?

You certainly know PackersHome is a strictly Not For Profit (never have we accepted any of the numerous - and generous - donation offers) website so where is this money coming from? No, Kevin didn’t win the lottery. Crying

The last few months we have been experimenting with Sponsor ads for Guests (people not logged in) and the money earned isn’t much, but it should be enough to purchase and ship three items per year. If not, we will foot the bill because without the community at PackersHome, there is no PackersHome and this is our way of saying thank you.

MintBaconDrivel
The relentless effort of MintBaconDrivel to bring all of the best Packers news and articles to PackersHome effectively makes PackersHome your one stop shop for everything Packers. When news breaks, MintBaconDrivel will have it here for you to see within minutes! That’s impressive!!

We at PackersHome thank you for making this site as great and special as it is. We will continue to provide more and more features while we enjoy watching the Packers win their 14th, 15th, 16th …etc NFL Championships! Go Pack Go!

Message modified by user Wednesday, August 7, 2013 2:13:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 9 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 7/1/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 7/1/2013(UTC), Pack93z on 7/1/2013(UTC), wpr on 7/1/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 7/1/2013(UTC), earthquake on 7/1/2013(UTC), DGB454 on 7/2/2013(UTC), macbob on 7/2/2013(UTC), dfosterf on 7/14/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 7:11:01 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

IMPRESSIVE!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 8:10:24 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Awesome!!!! Thanks Kevin for all that you do here to make this such a great site.
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 8:27:09 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Excellent.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 8:51:39 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Thanks Z2C for providing us undying Packers fans with a great place to hang out and a great place for one stop shopping for all Packers news as well as other forms of entertainment.
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 9:33:23 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

as always you do a great job.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 2:31:12 PM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 27

I'll say it once I'll say it again, Z2C is my fave, totes magoatssssss.

If allowed I'd love to do Fantasy Football this time. My life is a bit more manageable and would love to kick your butt.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 2:42:18 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 439

I'll never win a trophy here, but i'm glad just to be a small part of Kevin's site.
UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:35:54 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 114
Applause Received: 127

Awesome news! Thanks! I hadn't seen this thread earlier when I asked about the big announcement in the other thread. Sorry! Blushing
Do you like bacon?
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 4:02:34 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

ZERO IS THE MAN!!!!!

Looking forward to building my trophy collection along with The Green Bay Packers!!!

GO!!!! PACK!!! GO!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline macbob  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:06:02 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 252

Thanks, Kevin, for a truly awesome place to hang out and visit.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:39:48 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

If you are gonna start giving away shit, Dhazer can give me back my team he totally fucked up and still won with, lol

Seriously, good stuff, Kev.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:56:31 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Last week Google disabled the AdSense account. Spent the last several days getting it re-activated, but they are refusing because they claim someone was "ClickBombing" the ads. So now the AdSense is gone due to their claim of "Invalid Activity".

Using AdSense you have lots of control over ads, but the one we have now, not so much.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:21:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

I don't know what constitutes click bombing. Sorry if it was me. I would check on four or 5 ads when I came in.
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 5:02:03 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Trying a different ad and gonna see how that goes. I should have kept an eye on the click stuff better. So if their claim is true, it is partly my fault. However, they refuse to show me any proof at all. That's very frustrating.

At least we have trophies though! lol :)

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 6:40:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I don't know what constitutes click bombing. Sorry if it was me. I would check on four or 5 ads when I came in.

haha ... yeah they might have had a valid claim then. It's probably best to only click ads that are worthwhile to you. I logout once in awhile to see them and check to see if they have value. I think AdSense was a little better.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:55:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The Trophies have been removed.

There is a glitch in the software that I can't seem to figure out. One architectural short coming was a user could only have one Trophy per competition placement.

e.g. wpr couldn't have TWO trophies for winning the NFL Pick'em two different years, however, if he got Gold and then Silver in the same competition, no issue.

That complication can be figured out thanks to the YAF dev lead who gave me a tip.

Since the site is being overhauled into a better format, enhancements to this current flavor were stopped so more focus could be put forth onto the new design.

So, that is why you no longer see Trophies under your name. THEY WILL BE BACK, I assure you.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:04:10 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Even if they are ready before then, wait until 7-1-14 to unveil the new trophies. We can wait.

just a suggestion.
UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:07:56 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

second comment- texaspackerbacker wins his first trophy and Zero pulls the plug on all of them. Coincidence? I think not. Something is amiss. There is an evil plot afoot.
UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/10/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed