Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OlHoss1884  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 2:02:38 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 71
Applause Received: 202
Aside from the issues mentioned above...consider that neither Jimmy Graham nor Randall Cobb made the list. Think if all the teams were drafting from scratch those two guys don't get picked in the first hundred? And there weren't many O-Lineman picked, either. How many teams would NOT pick a stud tackle or center in their first few picks? It makes for fun arguments but it isn't really a good list.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 5:30:14 PM(UTC)

Canada
Applause Given: 286
Applause Received: 228
My opinion is the same as Dodd's as I posted on the NFL Network's Facebook page when the top 10 was announced. Minny would trade Peterson in a heartbeat for Rodgers. That fact alone tells me this list is wrong.
DoddPower on 7/2/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:04:59 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Applause Given: 2,536
Applause Received: 647
TheKanataThrilla said: Go to Quoted Post
My opinion is the same as Dodd's as I posted on the NFL Network's Facebook page when the top 10 was announced. Minny would trade Peterson in a heartbeat for Rodgers. That fact alone tells me this list is wrong.

Yeah, or if there was a draft of all players in the NFL, how many general managers would actually pick Peterson, JJ Watt, etc. BEFORE Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and even Peyton Manning, especially just for one season? I wouldn't even have to think twice about it. I know many other general managers would hope the teams before them drafted an Adrian Peterson over an Aaron Rodgers, though. There are always dumb ones.

Offline Rockmolder  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:39:43 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 321

But it's a list of the best players, not the one with the highest positional value.

Or, at least, that's the only reason I can think off that they put it together like this.

If you'd go by who's worth what to a team, you could make a pretty strong case for about 10 quarterbacks to be taken before AP.
Offline DoddPower  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:31:29 PM(UTC)

United States
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
If you'd go by who's worth what to a team, you could make a pretty strong case for about 10 quarterbacks to be taken before AP.

It probably should be close to that, anyway. But then again, I don't highly value running backs, at least not in respect to a good-to-great QB. To me, having the best player at the most important position would be the absolute best case scenario, and the players competing for the best at that position should be at the top of the list.

Now if a list was based on raw physical talent, that would be a completely different story. But raw physical talent alone doesn't win many Super Bowls.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:42:39 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,113
Applause Received: 2,727
I think the voting is who was the best player last season. I don't believe the ranking is who would you build a team around.
Offline DoddPower  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:59:32 PM(UTC)

United States
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I think the voting is who was the best player last season. I don't believe the ranking is who would you build a team around.

It's SUPPOSED to be that way, but if you listen to some of the comments, you hear all kinds of different things. I've heard a lot about how great a player has been in the past or throughout their career, etc. Charles Woodson being on the list this year is a pretty good example of that. From what I can gather, everyone uses their own criteria when voting.
Offline porky88  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:34:51 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 243
Applause Received: 485
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
It's SUPPOSED to be that way, but if you listen to some of the comments, you hear all kinds of different things. I've heard a lot about how great a player has been in the past or throughout their career, etc. Charles Woodson being on the list this year is a pretty good example of that. From what I can gather, everyone uses their own criteria when voting.

I thought it was a projection for this season. Confused

I'd be much more interested in a list created by coaches, scouts, and general managers.
Offline dhazer  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:17:58 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 68
Applause Received: 249
If I had to take a player for one year I would take Peyton Manning as much as I hate to admit it. Look what he did last year with the Bronco's and watch what he does this year with Welker in the slot. The one thing that would stop him from breaking passing records is the Broncos like to run the ball. Manning is an awesome qb and knows just about every defense you throw at him.

All the Rodgers praise is nice and all and people keep saying they would take him over anyone to build to win a superbowl, please take off the glasses and look. He has won one superbowl and hate to say the defense had alot to do with that. I know people will say I am bashing Rodgers but I am not, I am just looking the stats.

I really didn't have a problem with the list and hopefully we can be more than one and done this year. This team is starting to remind me of the Sherman years after we won the superbowl with Holmgren and after that we were in the playoffs but never did anything.
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 4:59:45 PM(UTC)

Canada
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
But it's a list of the best players, not the one with the highest positional value.

Or, at least, that's the only reason I can think off that they put it together like this.

But why then was Revis as high as he was?
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 5:03:42 PM(UTC)

Canada
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
If I had to take a player for one year I would take Peyton Manning as much as I hate to admit it. Look what he did last year with the Bronco's and watch what he does this year with Welker in the slot. The one thing that would stop him from breaking passing records is the Broncos like to run the ball. Manning is an awesome qb and knows just about every defense you throw at him.

All the Rodgers praise is nice and all and people keep saying they would take him over anyone to build to win a superbowl, please take off the glasses and look. He has won one superbowl and hate to say the defense had alot to do with that. I know people will say I am bashing Rodgers but I am not, I am just looking the stats.

I really didn't have a problem with the list and hopefully we can be more than one and done this year. This team is starting to remind me of the Sherman years after we won the superbowl with Holmgren and after that we were in the playoffs but never did anything.

Not sure I get your argument. You gush about Peyton and then say that Rodgers only has 1 Superbowl. Peyton only has 1 Superbowl as well and had alot more chances.

DoddPower on 7/2/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 5:41:44 PM(UTC)

United States
Not sure I get your argument. You gush about Peyton and then say that Rodgers only has 1 Superbowl. Peyton only has 1 Superbowl as well and had alot more chances.

Heh, Hazer's post aren't intended to be logical or make sense. They just are. After all, after hitting "reply," he has to hit SOME combination of buttons on the keyboard, right? He can't just stare at it (although he probably does that, too).
Offline steveishere  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:47:21 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 1,220
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post

What did peyton win his 2nd superbowl last year or something?

Offline mi_keys  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:00:36 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 278
Applause Received: 452

And if he responds, "oh, but the Colts defenses always sucked!" the one time Peyton one a Super Bowl his defense gave up 8, 6, 34* and 17* points in the playoffs. In the AFC Championship game against the Pats, one of those touchdowns was a pick 6 and another came off a drive starting on the Colts' 30 following a long kickoff return. In the Super Bowl, one of those touchdowns was a Devin Hester kick return. You take those two off the board that the defense had nothing to do with and they averaged giving up 12.75 points a game. They may have sucked that year but it came together at the right time.

Dex will love this: you win as a team, you lose as a team. Basing your entire argument about one QB or another on the number of Super Bowls they've won is absolute bollocks.

And now I can't believe I wasted my time validating his argument, which is likely just a windup, with a rebuttal.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:02:04 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,113
Applause Received: 2,727
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
What did peyton win his 2nd superbowl last year or something?

dhazer thinks Peyton Manning plays for the Detroit Lions.
Rss Feed