Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:44:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,845
Applause Received: 2,000

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Alternative option.. purchase Sunday Ticket and give two shits less what the local TV market does.

NFL Sunday Ticket is such a waste. Well, no, rather, it is just drastically over priced. You can sometimes get in on a good deal and not have to pay extra for it.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online texaspackerbacker  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:46:19 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

That's easy to say for people who live where the local stations carry the Packers game about 98% of the time.

Sunday Ticket thrives because so many nowadays move away from the area of the team they love.

What do you pay for it there anyway? Here it's free with Direct TV, and Direct TV ain't an awful lot more than cable - less if you have some premium channels. And if you don't mind some bad credit hahaha, just pay during the season, then tell Direct TV "F you very much".
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:59:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
That's easy to say for people who live where the local stations carry the Packers game about 98% of the time.

Sunday Ticket thrives because so many nowadays move away from the area of the team they love.

What do you pay for it there anyway? Here it's free with Direct TV, and Direct TV ain't an awful lot more than cable - less if you have some premium channels. And if you don't mind some bad credit hahaha, just pay during the season, then tell Direct TV "F you very much".

I spent about a year an half in Colorado, so I was forced to (by choice of course) to get DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. My monthly bill exceeded $120 per month during the six months of the package then dropped to I think $70, maybe $60. Mind you, my daughter and I watch little TV and the shows we do catch, are on local channels.

We're back in Wisconsin (since early 2012) and do not have any cable or satellite service. We do have Netflix and occasionally hit up Redbox.

UserPostedImage
Offline OlHoss1884  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:14:35 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 143

My experience with DirecTV was awful. Worst customer service experiences of my life. Although I don't get to see entire Packer games most of the time, I fid NFL Red Zone flips channels quite nicely for me so I catch a lot of what's going on.

As I understand it, the exclusive deal for Sunday Ticket that DirecTV may go away...that is just a rumor, but if it does I would not at all be surprised if the NFL Network sets up a pay per view or other system which would allow access to out of market games.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:04:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
My experience with DirecTV was awful. Worst customer service experiences of my life. Although I don't get to see entire Packer games most of the time, I fid NFL Red Zone flips channels quite nicely for me so I catch a lot of what's going on.

As I understand it, the exclusive deal for Sunday Ticket that DirecTV may go away...that is just a rumor, but if it does I would not at all be surprised if the NFL Network sets up a pay per view or other system which would allow access to out of market games.

I laid out a reasonable streaming game by game plan for the NFL on the site year or so ago. They could make some serious bank if they cut out the middle man.

From May this year
Quote:
DirecTV Group has a big call to make on NFL Sunday Ticket, its popular programming package. About 2 million of the satellite TV broadcaster's subscribers, 10% of its customers, pay to get NFL Sunday Ticket. If DirecTV (DTV) wants to renew its exclusive deal to broadcast National Football League games on Sundays, it'll have to pay more than the $1 billion it now antes up each year, analysts say. ...

And PFT chimes in too...
http://profootballtalk.n...ug-on-nfl-sunday-ticket/

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed