Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OlHoss1884  
#41 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:38:27 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 167

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
We can discuss this till the Milk-Makers come home. It won't change a thing. All we are doing is Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating DeadhorseBeating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse
Of Course it is the off-season and we don't have much to discuss right now. So beat awayTongue Tongue Tongue

The "angry mob" is simply responding to a poor opinion piece about what happened on the play. Despite our anger over the terrible officiating in general and the multiple errors on that specific play, I think most of us choose to focus on the future rather than the past. But if someone wants to make asinine assertions with little or not basis in reality, it is neither unexpected nor the least bit wrong to beat their opinion down (verbally).

What I wish would happen is that those that benefitted from the play, or those who support their side of it, would admit that they got away with it. I have done so with the Majkowski pass that beat the Bears in '89.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#42 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 10:32:39 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,706
Applause Received: 664

It was a series of bad calls. But unlike the Seahawks, it didn't happen to us in the Superbowl.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
OlHoss1884 on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline OlHoss1884  
#43 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 167

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
It was a series of bad calls. But unlike the Seahawks, it didn't happen to us in the Superbowl.

All true. More importantly, I sincerely believe the Packers would not have gotten past SF in last year's playoffs, even if the game had been in GB, and thus it would not have made any difference, in the end. And I suppose if it finally got the NFL embarrassed enough to sh*tcan the replacement officials, some good came out of it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline macbob  
#44 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 2:56:25 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 304
Applause Received: 252

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
You didn't credit anything else as contributing to the better 3rd quarter and 1 drive in the 4th (where they actually didn't run any more than the 1st half).

Oh yeah--well you didn't credit Benson's running for 50 yards in the 3rd quarter (4.9 yards per carry) as contributing to the offense in the second half. So there...

This is ridiculous. Once again you are attributing something to me that I didn't say. I'm sure that everyone else who has read this far in the thread will applaud when I say I'm done on this topic. Bang Head
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 3:52:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,706
Applause Received: 664

Clint Didier!

John Anderson was great.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackerTraxx  
#46 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 4:21:39 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I never had a problem with the call. Things happen quickly in the game and anyone can make a mistake. They have this thing called instant replay(d'oh! ) to correct those wrong calls and they can because they have to opportunity to slow things down and review plays over and over. They are 100% at fault.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#47 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 3:47:18 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

LombardiAve wrote:
It wasn't so much that Lance Easley posed for a photo, wearing full referee garb and hands thrust in the air to signal "touchdown,' with Seattle Seahawk Golden Tate, it's that he still maintains the famed "Fail Mary' fiasco that cost the Green Bay Packers a win last season was the right call. Wait ... [...]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#48 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 4:58:01 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

JerseyAl wrote:
Just when we had moved on to the 2013 NFL season and were inching further away from the disaster that was dubbed "Fail Mary' last season, shock waves hit Twitter this past weekend.  OK, maybe shock waves is a bit of an exaggeration-unless you're a Green Bay Packers fan. It was announced that NFL replacement [...]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed