Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline agopackgo4  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:14:17 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Maybe the dude likes the Dolphins logo... Its just a hat. If Rodgers wore a Vikings hat it would bother me very very slightly. Want to talk about getting pissed off? ....How about Favre in a Vikings uniform, PLAYING for them. Thats a problem. Wearing another teams hat for the hell of it is not.
Offline sschind  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:27:51 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 449

Originally Posted by: agopackgo4 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the dude likes the Dolphins logo... Its just a hat. If Rodgers wore a Vikings hat it would bother me very very slightly. Want to talk about getting pissed off? ....How about Favre in a Vikings uniform, PLAYING for them. Thats a problem. Wearing another teams hat for the hell of it is not.


Whatever dude. Its like Ford firing a guy and then getting pissed because he goes to work for GM a couple of years later.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:58:56 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Every interview with Rodgers back in the day was all about how much he loved the 49ers and wanted to play for them. I gave up being sensitive about stuff like this a long time ago. Why do people care about this stuff?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:31:35 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
So no one would have had a problem with Rodgers being photographed wearing a Viking's or Bears hat.OhMyGod WTF? Sorry I gotta call BULLSHIT on that.



Obviously, wearing a division rivals apparel is MUCH different than wearing another teams hat that's in a completely difference conference. It's not like he was caught wearing a Seahawks hat or anything.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:42:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

I don't think 49ers fans were upset that he was wearing a Dolphins hat ... nearly as much as HOW he responded to those who did gripe about it.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:00:16 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Whatever dude. Its like Ford firing a guy and then getting pissed because he goes to work for GM a couple of years later.



Not really. More like a dude from middle management telling the CEO how to run the company. Then when he doesn't get his way, starts bucking the system, going against his bosses' directives, jerking the company around, trying to divide the rank and file to form a mutiny.

Then when he gets shitcanned, pisses his pants to the media and starts sending proprietary industrial secrets to the competition.

All the while being blackmailed to tank his job performance, because of the way he conducts himself in his personal life.

Something more like that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:07:13 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Whatever dude. Its like Ford firing a guy and then getting pissed because he goes to work for GM a couple of years later.



Actually it is more like a head designer tries to quit Ford to go to GM but can't because of a 5 year no compete clause, colludes with GM, fake retires then fakes a comeback and tries to force ford to drop the non compete clause in his contract.

When they don't, he goes to International Harvester, but gives plans to all Fords new cars to GM and Chrysler.

Then he fake retires to get out of the non compete clause again to go to GM.

Then says they both "made mistakes"
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline sschind  
#18 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 5:55:18 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 449

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Actually it is more like a head designer tries to quit Ford to go to GM but can't because of a 5 year no compete clause, colludes with GM, fake retires then fakes a comeback and tries to force ford to drop the non compete clause in his contract.

When they don't, he goes to International Harvester, but gives plans to all Fords new cars to GM and Chrysler.

Then he fake retires to get out of the non compete clause again to go to GM.

Then says they both "made mistakes"


I knew someone would bring this up. First of all, as far as I know you can't retire (real or fake) to get out of a non compete clause. 5 years is 5 years. Second since when are there no compete clauses in NFL contracts? Once a player is no longer under contract with one team he is free to go where he wants except in the case of a trade obviously. For the record car designers leave companies and go to work for the competition all the time. Noted car designer Carroll Shelby went from Ford to Chrysler and then back to Ford. Sometimes there are non compete clauses sometimes not
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:21:30 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I knew someone would bring this up. First of all, as far as I know you can't retire (real or fake) to get out of a non compete clause. 5 years is 5 years. Second since when are there no compete clauses in NFL contracts? Once a player is no longer under contract with one team he is free to go where he wants except in the case of a trade obviously. For the record car designers leave companies and go to work for the competition all the time. Noted car designer Carroll Shelby went from Ford to Chrysler and then back to Ford. Sometimes there are non compete clauses sometimes not


I didn't bring up the Ford/GM analogy. You have to give me some latitude because it was inadequate to illustrate what really happened.

Favre was under contract with the Packers until 2011 and couldn't play for any other team without the Packers permission.

Close enough.

For the record, it isn't about the cars.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann