Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:29:52 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,640
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
My gut feeling on this is that they want to use him situationally or against teams where they need a rush and a run stuffer, not necessarily a prsuer. Two games against the Vikings, games against SF, NY, WAS, PIT and ATL (more so for Jackson than Green) and that fits almost half the schedule. If Perry is healthy and continues to develop this may not be necessary, but Neal can also go to end in sub packages so his versatility will help, too.

Neal ran a 4.6, did he not?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline OlHoss1884  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 1:17:47 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 166

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Neal ran a 4.6, did he not?

That doesn't mean he can pursue, which is more a function of vision and quickness than raw speed. I would hope that translates into his having an easier transition. As I say my theory is just that, a theory, but I think they want to be more stout at the point of attack and also be able to push the rush back into the face of the QB. I think some of how well this experiment works will depend on how well they cover in the middle, as I don't think Neal will be able to do much of that, but he could certainly knock a guy trying to come out of the backfield on his ass.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline DarkaneRules  
#18 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 8:43:34 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Neal is a real talented lineman. I was particularly impressed with him last year during training camp. I see him as someone with tremendous upside so I hope this experiment helps this become realized. He was/is one of my 5 players to personally watch this TC.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 8:54:56 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,362

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I'm never mad, just preparing for another year of your Football ignorance to start spewing forth!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If I ever make it through Ohio again, I'm going to stop and take you out for a beer, and you can explain to me how awesome Hawk is! I listen to all of Texas' bullshit, I have a pretty good tolerance level. LOL

UserPostedImage
Online buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 3:59:58 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 335
Applause Received: 445

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
If I ever make it through Ohio again, I'm going to stop and take you out for a beer, and you can explain to me how awesome Hawk is! I listen to all of Texas' bullshit, I have a pretty good tolerance level. LOL

There's no reason for me to even try to explain to you what ANY player means to The Packers, you don't have a clue.

I've never said Hawk is awsome, all he has been is a 7 year starter at whatever lb position he has been asked to play, in whatever scheme The Packers have decide to use, which means Ted Thompson and co. must see something in him.

He's not the piece of trash, you and others try to make him out to be, and he is not the problem when it comes to stopping the run.

Last time, the Packers lb problem is not A.J. Hawk and now Brad Jones, the problem is and has been finding 2 olbr's who can play at a high level and more importantly STAY ON THE FIELD!!!!

Since you haven't been able to comprehend this for 7 years, there's no reason for me to believe you will figure it out this time.

So you keep spewing your bullshit, and I'll just keep laughing!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 6:10:09 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,362

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
There's no reason for me to even try to explain to you what ANY player means to The Packers, you don't have a clue.

I've never said Hawk is awsome, all he has been is a 7 year starter at whatever lb position he has been asked to play, in whatever scheme The Packers have decide to use, which means Ted Thompson and co. must see something in him.

He's not the piece of trash, you and others try to make him out to be, and he is not the problem when it comes to stopping the run.

Last time, the Packers lb problem is not A.J. Hawk and now Brad Jones, the problem is and has been finding 2 olbr's who can play at a high level and more importantly STAY ON THE FIELD!!!!

Since you haven't been able to comprehend this for 7 years, there's no reason for me to believe you will figure it out this time.

So you keep spewing your bullshit, and I'll just keep laughing!!!!

Oh, I understand the OLB position problem just fine. We have yet to find our bookend to Clay. But for you to take the stance that we are just fine on the inside shows your complete lack of knowledge of the current game of football and your homerism for the home state boy. We have been getting torched up the middle due to lack of linebacker athleticism, and for you to ignore that breeches your credibility for football acumen quite significantly.

I'll keep the violins on hold for you Buckeye.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/9/2013(UTC)
Online buckeyepackfan  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:05:39 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 335
Applause Received: 445

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Oh, I understand the OLB position problem just fine. We have yet to find our bookend to Clay. But for you to take the stance that we are just fine on the inside shows your complete lack of knowledge of the current game of football and your homerism for the home state boy. We have been getting torched up the middle due to lack of linebacker athleticism, and for you to ignore that breeches your credibility for football acumen quite significantly.

I'll keep the violins on hold for you Buckeye.

Hey dumbass,

I AM NOT THE ONE MAKING THE DECISIONS ON WHO IS OR IS NOT ON THE TEAM OR ON THE FIELD.

You can cry and whine all you want about "oh gee why can't The Packers have lbr's like The 49r's",
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

That isn't going to change the fact that Brad Jones and A.J. Hawk are still in Green Bay.

Hell if you love that team so much why don't you go to their team forum and spew your football ignorance.

I've said it for the last 3 years, can't wait fpr someone ....ANYONE...to replace A.J. Hawk, because when that happens, you will have to find another player to whine about like a little bitch.

Irealized a long time ago, to look on the POSITIVE side of things, being negative ALL the time, is not good for your health and only turns you into...well, what YOU are.

When The Packers take the field in San Francisco in week 1, the guys I'll be rooting for are the 53 that run onto that field wearing The Green and Gold.

Those are the guys Mike and Co. have decide ARE THE BEST of all those who were at training camp.

Those 53 are the ones the coaching staff has decided gives The Packers the BEST chance to continue being succsesful.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:31:14 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

You guys should start an AJ Hawk thread. That might be fun. Again.

(FWIW, Hawk had 3 PDef and 0 INTs over the last two seasons, after putting up 10 and 3 in 2010. His play should improve with better line play and better talent alongside him).

Neal transitioning into coverage as a LB is another wrinkle from Capers. This move is all about disguising his intentions. Could prove to be a big package if Neal is lined up at OLB with a full DL complement. Neal's athleticism allows for the disguise on D.

I doubt this gets used much anyway, but it will be interesting to see if Neal is effective at LB.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:50:26 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

I don't think they would unveil a "super secret plan" in the first day of OTAs with the NATIONAL MEDIA watching.

Smells fishy to me.

Like a red herring.

You don't put a flashing red light and a siren on top of a secret plan unless you want people to think that is your secret plan when in reality, something else is.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 7/12/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed