Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 8:37:27 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

LombardiAve wrote:
Former Arizona Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes announced this week he is communicating with four NFL teams about a possible new free agent deal. He wouldn’t say who those teams are. The Green Bay Packers, while they have not admitted it, may be a safety-needy team. Multiple media outlets, including this one, reported the Packers are [...]Punt or Go for It: Top Free Agent Safety Kerry Rhodes Seeks a New Team - Lombardi Ave - Lombardi Ave - A Green Bay Packers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.</p>
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 9:03:41 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Doesn't sound like "Packer people".
Don't want him.
Offline steveishere  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 9:11:43 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

He's been a solid player. It would be a good signing.
Offline DoddPower  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 9:15:21 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,093
Applause Received: 530

hah, the guy is obviously gay based on those photos, or at least really, really enjoys hanging out with a gay guy often. I could care less, but it's still funny. Yeah, OK, you're just "BEST FRIENDS." It's one thing to want to keep that stuff quiet, but the evidence is really pilling up against him here. Almost reminds me of a Bill Clinton situation: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Good stuff. As for the "diva" thing, I really don't care. If he were to go to Green Bay and help the team win a Super Bowl, he can be a diva. My only problem with diva's is when they aren't performing on the field. If one is playing at an elite level, I don't care about a little showboating or enjoyment of the "New York Lifestyle," so long as they're obeying the law and NFL rules. It's Ted Thompson's job to determine if Rhodes would be the good or bad type of diva. I'm guessing not, just like most other free agents.
Offline dhazer  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 10:02:59 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

On the gay thing, I really don't care and I think there alot of gays playing football and I bet alot our QB's just think every play they are bending down and reaching between a guys legs to get a ball :)

I say we sign him for a short term, look at when we signed Andre Rison and you couldn't get much more diva than that. He would follow suit if he wants a ring.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 10:31:17 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Does Dancing With the Stars count as a reality show? Because I wouldn't call Donald Driver a diva.

If this guy was a super player (he may be), cheap (he very likely won't be), and NEEDED, I'd like to have the Packers get him regardless of the gay thing or the diva thing. The key is that third if, though. IMO, he is NOT needed. With the expected progress of McMillian and Jennings and the already shown progress of Burnett, plus 3 or 4 other potentially good prospects, plus a shitload of corners, several of which could switch to safety, plus Ol' Jarrett Bush who keeps hanging around for special teams, we really don't need a new high-priced safety.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online buckeyepackfan  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:00:43 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Reports now have him being courted heavily by The Bengals.

Which makes sense since Cincinatti is known as the Queen City.

Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously, don't see a need for him in Green Bay, the guys The Packers have are only going to get better with experience.

Him being a FA probably means his Agent is asking more than Ted is willing to pay.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline mi_keys  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:42:04 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

I like the young guys we have in Burnett, Jennings and McMillan. I really liked Richardson last year too. If he could get healthy I think we have four good, young prospects that could very well deliver two long term starters at safety.

That said, it's a very young group and I don't see the harm in having an experienced player come in and provide some competition. If Rhodes is available for a reasonable amount, I wouldn't mind bringing him in.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Online Wade  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:55:05 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Packers' issues aren't at safety.

Packers' issues are in the front seven. If the front seven do their job, our safeties are just fine. If the front seven play like most of them did last year, Willie Wood wouldn't be enough.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DoddPower  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:31:26 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
I really liked Richardson last year too. If he could get healthy I think we have four good, young prospects that could very well deliver two long term starters at safety.

I would really be surprised if the Packers allow Richardson to play again. They didn't even really give Nick Colins a chance. Perhaps they will play it differently with Richardson and his slightly different injury, but that would be very surprising, imo. I personally don't expect to see him playing for the Packers again, but I certainly hope I'm wrong.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:08:46 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

All MD Jennings needs to do is look to bat down passes and he will be fine :)
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 6:05:08 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
All MD Jennings needs to do is look to bat down passes and he will be fine :)

True, I know what you mean, but it worked out pretty good to grab it and run the other way one time also. The guy amazed me - how fast he was.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:12:17 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I would really be surprised if the Packers allow Richardson to play again. They didn't even really give Nick Colins a chance. Perhaps they will play it differently with Richardson and his slightly different injury, but that would be very surprising, imo. I personally don't expect to see him playing for the Packers again, but I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Despite what he said about it I really dont think collins was ever really medically cleared to play. Which would explain the complete lack of interest arond the league for an all pro free agent safety in his prime.

Offline DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:43:01 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Despite what he said about it I really dont think collins was ever really medically cleared to play. Which would explain the complete lack of interest arond the league for an all pro free agent safety in his prime.

Has Richardson been medically cleared? I remember reading something about him recently, but I haven't followed it closely enough to remember the details. I thought it may have just been him saying he was 100% or something like that.
Offline steveishere  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:46:00 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Has Richardson been medically cleared? I remember reading something about him recently, but I haven't followed it closely enough to remember the details. I thought it may have just been him saying he was 100% or something like that.

I don't know if Richardson has been cleared. He hasn't practiced yet during the offseason so who knows. I was primarily responding to the statement that the Packers didn't give Collins a chance.
Offline mi_keys  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:01:13 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

Last I heard, Richardson said he is close and expects to be ready for training camp. Richardson didn't have the fusion surgery that Collins had. Everything else I saw stated the prognosis was very good after the surgery. There's also no spinal stenosis that I'm aware of.

I think we see him in some capacity this year unless there are details I've missed or are not being released.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Rss Feed