Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:49:38 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Now DD is in a pretty secure spot currently within the Packers.. but make no mistake about it, he sees the talent coming up on this roster.. DD will be fine, but don't think for a minute that these minor gaffes this preseason have went unnoticed elsewhere at Lombardi Ave.. football mortality is just a part of the game.. but one can't help but wonder what the future holds.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline agopackgo4  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:43:41 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Driver will come around, he will be himself during the season!!!

That is himself. DD always drops passes

Really he always drops passes? I"ve seen a few dropped passes i have not seen him always dropping the passes! I guess that's what i saw or wanted to see.

I used a bad choice of words, by saying that he Always drops passes. He drops his fair share though. Dont get me wrong...He can still be effective. Even T.O. drops a lot of passes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:13:25 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Now DD is in a pretty secure spot currently within the Packers.. but make no mistake about it, he sees the talent coming up on this roster.. DD will be fine, but don't think for a minute that these minor gaffes this preseason have went unnoticed elsewhere at Lombardi Ave.. football mortality is just a part of the game.. but one can't help but wonder what the future holds.

DD's fine. Once we start getting serious, DD will bump up his game.

Keep in mind, DD was the only one who was on in the last game we played last year. When the pressure gets tough, DD gets tougher. Preseason is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned with DD. Look for him to light up the game in MN. He always has good games vs them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline walleye  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:06:37 PM(UTC)
walleye

Really he always drops passes? I"ve seen a few dropped passes i have not seen him always dropping the passes! I guess that's what i saw or wanted to see.

I used a bad choice of words, by saying that he Always drops passes. He drops his fair share though. Dont get me wrong...He can still be effective. Even T.O. drops a lot of passes.

Yes i agree!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline huskies  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:37:18 PM(UTC)
huskies

Thats y he made the pro bowl the last 2 years isnt it.
the pack is back
Offline agopackgo4  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:59:05 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Thats y he made the pro bowl the last 2 years isnt it.

You dont have to agree with me. Its not a matter of opinion. but you can't argue with the facts. Driver drops his fair share of passes. More than a lot of guys. And as far as him making the pro bowl, look at my other post. I said he can still be effective.
Offline Greg C.  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:45:18 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

You dont have to agree with me. Its not a matter of opinion. but you can't argue with the facts. Driver drops his fair share of passes. More than a lot of guys. And as far as him making the pro bowl, look at my other post. I said he can still be effective.

We can't argue with the facts because right now we don't have any. To say that Driver "drops his fair share of passes" is a guess, not a fact. I just did a google search to try and get some stats, but I couldn't find any. I do remember that there was a story about this recently either in the GB Press-Gazette or the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, and they said that Driver's percentage of drops was something like 2% last season and 1% the season before, which they implied were both low numbers. But I wish I could find some solid numbers. I think it was in '05 that Driver had a lot of drops. Last year Greg Jennings was the one who had trouble catching the ball at times.
blank
Offline 4PackGirl  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:52:53 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

we're really arguing about our number one receiver dropping passes now? that's...silly! ;) regular season's coming y'all - relax. :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:04:00 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

we're really arguing about our number one receiver dropping passes now? that's...silly! ;) regular season's coming y'all - relax. :D

I agree Illy....it's alot of worry over nothing. It's the preseason, where you work out the kinks. NO ONE is perfect and catches ALL the passes thrown to them. Byt the same token, Driver will catch some that make you go "WOW!!! How did he catch THAT!?!?"
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:40:22 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

We can't argue with the facts because right now we don't have any. To say that Driver "drops his fair share of passes" is a guess, not a fact. I just did a google search to try and get some stats, but I couldn't find any. I do remember that there was a story about this recently either in the GB Press-Gazette or the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, and they said that Driver's percentage of drops was something like 2% last season and 1% the season before, which they implied were both low numbers. But I wish I could find some solid numbers. I think it was in '05 that Driver had a lot of drops. Last year Greg Jennings was the one who had trouble catching the ball at times.

God I wish I could find stats better. I seem to recall Driver having actually a quite low percentage of drops compared to other starting WRs in the NFL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed