Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 1:37:08 PM(UTC)
how long can you keep a player? The baseball league I was in was a keeper league but you could only keep a player for 3 years then he went back into the pool. That stops someone from keeping a player like Rodgers for 10 seasons and allows the team on the bottom to get some new blood from time to time.
Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 1:42:39 PM(UTC)
I am game.
Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 2:29:20 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
how long can you keep a player? The baseball league I was in was a keeper league but you could only keep a player for 3 years then he went back into the pool. That stops someone from keeping a player like Rodgers for 10 seasons and allows the team on the bottom to get some new blood from time to time.

It appears I haven't thought much into this whole KEEPER league thing. lol.

If someone wants to keep Aaron Rodgers for 10 years, I'm cool with that. It means the site is still alive. :)

I checked FleaFlicker and I don't see where we could set an expriation of any kind. So I think we'll just roll with keep'em as long as you choose to.
tromadz  
#24 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 2:33:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
This is the first season we get to KEEP players from the prior season.

Does the team name matter? If so, I should go change it back to Trom's Army.
dhazer  
#25 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 4:43:16 PM(UTC)
im in of course now I have to go look at my team from last year and also look at Packz's keeper league

My 3 Keepers

Cam Newton
Adrian Peterson
Vernon Davis

Packz's keepers if still 5 are
Peyton Manthing
Marshawn Lynch
Lesean MCcoy
Desean Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
buckeyepackfan  
#26 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 4:55:59 PM(UTC)
Void of any pre-season injuries,

The Fighting Roadkill will be retaining Sydney Rice, Frank Gore and Jordy Nelson.

Really wanted to keep A.J. Hawk, but he wanted to much money!!!

[grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1] [grin1]
macbob  
#27 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 7:22:33 PM(UTC)
Z2C-

I'm in.

You're the commish, so whatever you say goes, but my vote would be no keepers. I'd rather see everyone start on the same playing field each year, and a keeper league tends to skew that.
Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 8:08:59 PM(UTC)
tromadz said: Go to Quoted Post
Does the team name matter? If so, I should go change it back to Trom's Army.

Providing your login name or team name resemble something of your PH name, the other can be whichever you want. So if you have a login of 'tromadz' ... your team name can be whatever. I need someway to know who is who lol.

macbob said: Go to Quoted Post
Z2C-

I'm in.

You're the commish, so whatever you say goes, but my vote would be no keepers. I'd rather see everyone start on the same playing field each year, and a keeper league tends to skew that.

I'm kinda curious how its gonna play out with 14 teams and 3 keepers per team. That's 42 players off the shelf right off the bat. It eliminates three rounds of drafting I guess lol
The_Green_Ninja  
#29 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 8:43:38 PM(UTC)
Put me on that list bro. I love me some Final Fantasy Football!

Because any chances of anyone else winning is FINAL! Lets Box!
cheeseheads123  
#30 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 8:53:09 PM(UTC)
If a spot opens up and you need one i am game. I would finally be able to make this years draft \:d/
tromadz  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:58:17 AM(UTC)
If we're doing Keeper league, barring preseason injuries, my picks are:

Calvin Johnson
Robert Griffin
Jermichael Finley
Pack93z  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:35:52 AM(UTC)
It appears I haven't thought much into this whole KEEPER league thing. lol.

If someone wants to keep Aaron Rodgers for 10 years, I'm cool with that. It means the site is still alive. :)

I checked FleaFlicker and I don't see where we could set an expriation of any kind. So I think we'll just roll with keep'em as long as you choose to.

Users can go in and set there keepers.. then all you have to do is clear rosters and the keepers will stay. Set a date for the keepers to be set.. then the draft to fill in the rosters.

Another aspect to consider.. can users trade players prior to the keeper date.. example.. if you have 4 players that are worthy of keeping and another player has only two.. can they trade picks to obtain the overflow? Can you sign a free agent to the keeper list?
Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:23:23 AM(UTC)
Holy crap this Keeper league thing has too many variables.

Shawn, do you want to lay out the rules for this keeper league? Or should we just scrap keep and go back to pure draft? The latter might actually be better since we'll probably have 2-4 new entrants each season.

I just don't have the time (or intelligence) to divulge into all the variables for this keeper stuff.
wpr  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:10:41 AM(UTC)

Shawn, do you want to lay out the rules for this keeper league? Or should we just scrap keep and go back to pure draft? The latter might actually be better since we'll probably have 2-4 new entrants each season.

I just don't have the time (or intelligence) to divulge into all the variables for this keeper stuff.

keeper leagues require more effort on the part of the commish.
DoddPower  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:04:53 PM(UTC)

I think a fresh season each year is the best bet, for many reasons. It's just more simple, especially given the turnover that will occur.
wpr  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:22:12 PM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
I think a fresh season each year is the best bet, for many reasons. It's just more simple, especially given the turnover that will occur.

A problem with a keeper league.

Let's say someone decides they want to keep little Manning. The pool of available players is set and draft day approaches but the day before the draft Eli busts his knee and will be out for the season. If the league is run properly the team owner is screwed. He should have to keep Eli on his team and wait until everyone else fills their rosters before he is allowed to replace him.

It is no big deal if everyone knows and understands this beforehand. I guarantee you someone at some point will try to drop their injured player and go into the draft with an empty slot.
Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:35:28 PM(UTC)
I apologize for the confusion, but due to my ignorance and lack of KEEPER league experience, this league is going to be a full re-draft league instead. Sorry. Too many variables to hash out and just don't have the time.

If you wish to opt out because of this, please respond as such in a post following this one.
wpr  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:45:33 PM(UTC)
Didn't mean to drive you crazy Kevin. All the issues are doable. Just need to have everyone on the same page on draft day.

There are probably prepackaged league rules that can be used. I am not sure which ones you would want to use.
Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:51:02 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Didn't mean to drive you crazy Kevin. All the issues are doable. Just need to have everyone on the same page on draft day.

There are probably prepackaged league rules that can be used. I am not sure which ones you would want to use.

I think with the high chances of turnover, might as well just have a redraft every year.

Less maintenance. :)
tromadz  
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:14:50 AM(UTC)
I apologize for the confusion, but due to my ignorance and lack of KEEPER league experience, this league is going to be a full re-draft league instead. Sorry. Too many variables to hash out and just don't have the time.

If you wish to opt out because of this, please respond as such in a post following this one.

Good. I didn't really want to be in a league where I didn't have a slight chance of somehow getting Rodgers in the draft. Hmmm, sweet sweet Rodgers.
Rss Feed