Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:39:50 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 512

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think Derek Sherrod might be closer than some think. He was trying to practice last season, but was stiff per reports.

Mike Neal seems to be made out of glass. I don't recall him being injured so I'm not sure what is up with him.

I certainly hope your right about Sherrod. But being able to walk and attempting to practice is far different than actually being able to play, and a completely different thing from being able to be effective at all. I just haven't read much encouraging about Sherrod, but that may be because there simply hasn't been much detailed information about his situation period. That could mean he's very close, or he's had more setbacks and is still very far away. I'm not sure we can know one way, or another yet.

As for Neal, it could be something as simple as a minor ankle sprain, a slight bone bruise, a jammed finger, etc. Until there is more concrete evidence, getting worried about it is just speculation. He seemed to be healthy recently, so I'm going to hope that's he's very close to healthy and will return to the practice field sooner rather than later. At least until I read something to the contrary.
Offline DoddPower  
#17 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:56:19 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Whats up with D. Jones on the list? I have never seen that classification before.

DuJuan Harris (RB) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).
J.C. Tretter (T) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).
Derek Sherrod (T) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).
Jamari Lattimore (LB) Declared Non-Football Illness (declared non-football illness).
Jerel Worthy (DE) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).
Mike Neal (DE) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).
Datone Jones (DE) Selection List Signing (selection list signing).
Sean Richardson (SAF) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).
Chaz Powell (DB) Declared Physically Unable to Perform (declared physically unable to perform).

^^^^^ from Lombardidave.com

Doesn't sound like an issue for Datone Jones:

Tom Silverstein wrote:
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
Datone Jones starting with Raji in the middle of nickel package.

EDIT:

Well, at least Sherrod is "running."

Tom Silverstein wrote:
Twitter Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
Derrick Sherrod is running from drill to dri ll with his teammates but obviously the doctors didn't think he was ready to practice.

Another Edit. Damn, not encouraging:

Tom Silverstein wrote:
Here's McCarthy: injuries, DuJuan Harris has a knee that could be a week or two. Neal and Hayward are a couple weeks away. Lattimore and House illness. Powell has a foot.

Looks like it's going to be another long season injury wise.
Offline Laser Gunns  
#18 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 9:01:26 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 40
Applause Received: 244

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post

2012: Perry, Worthy, Heyward
2011: Sherrod, Cobb
2010: Bulaga, Neal
2009: Raji, Matthews
2008: Nelson, Brohm, Lee
2007: Harrel, Jackson
2006: Hawk, College, Jennings
2005: Rodgers, Collins, Murphy
2004: Carrol
2003; Barnett

IMO

Bust:
-Carrol
-Murphy
-Harrell
-Brohm
-Lee
-Perry
-Worthy
-Neal

Some of those guys can still move out of this category, but based purely off what they have given so far, this is where they are.

Solid:
-College
-Jackson
-Nelson (had an amazing 2011, not much else)

Great:
-Barnett
-Rodgers
-Collins
-Jennings
-Hawk (skill-wise he's not great, but he has been producing for this team a lot longer than most, compare him to most of our other picks)
-Raji
-Matthews
-Bulaga
-Cobb
-Heyward

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 9:03:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,952
Applause Received: 2,179

You will not address Daryn Colledge as "College". You show him respect that he deserves! The Packers haven't been back to the Super Bowl since his departure. That is all you need to know about him.
UserPostedImage
Offline Laser Gunns  
#20 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 9:41:40 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 40
Applause Received: 244

You will not address Daryn Colledge as "College". You show him respect that he deserves! The Packers haven't been back to the Super Bowl since his departure. That is all you need to know about him.

Thank you Ms. Colledge,

Don't hurt me!

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 10:22:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Mike McCarthy wrote:
Sherrod definitely much further along when he was able to go through some of the drill work in the OTAs. Interested to see how he feels tomorrow. He looked very good in the conditioning work yesterday. He’s not to the point where all linemen have to be able to torque and lean on people. Those things are hard to emulate in a rehab process.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 11:05:29 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 694

Mr. Colledge is so good that he couldn't improve the Cardinals' o-line.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 11:07:37 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Mr. Colledge is so good that he couldn't improve the Cardinals' o-line.

When you have a revolving door at QB the OL doesn't matter at all. And he couldn't fill all five holes with just being one incredibly gifted OL himself.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#24 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 11:10:36 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 694

When you have a revolving door at QB the OL doesn't matter at all. And he couldn't fill all five holes with just being one incredibly gifted OL himself.

All I can say is Mrs. C must have something on you equivalent to what Campen must have on Thompson/McCarthy?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 2:48:02 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,624
Applause Received: 651

Pnews

Quote:
“It’s just one of those things where you train, you train, you train; I think everybody noticed a noticeable difference in my size,” Neal said. “I’ve lost a little bit of weight. I’m doing a little more cutting, so for me to have some type of problem with my ab is nothing out of the norm. They realized it. When I came back I told them what it is and they knew what it was before I got back and told me to take my time and easy your way back into it. Don’t push anything. There’s a long season ahead of you. That’s where we are right now. I’m not even looking at it as a major setback. I’m running around. I’m walking. I feel fine.”
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:20:55 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

Well, that's good. If he's "running around" and such, then hopefully it won't be too long. The Packers need him back on the practice field so that he can find another way to get injured.
Offline nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:59:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,624
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's good. If he's "running around" and such, then hopefully it won't be too long. The Packers need him back on the practice field so that he can find another way to get injured.

I don't like him playing at 275 either. That's an injury waiting to happen on the DL. Not to mention that we need guys who can stuff the run.

Although I've heard it said that part of his injury problem was being "too much" of a gym rat, bulking up too much. So maybe it'll help keep him healthy in a way.

Datone's a little undersized too though.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DarkaneRules  
#28 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:31:25 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

The Neal injury stinks. Now it is Jones chance to really make some noise once the pads go on. Special mention to Mike Daniels too. Excited for the padding practice!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rss Feed