Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:12:04 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,300
Applause Received: 575

Silverstein

Quote:
It's clear Jolly still knows how to play the position. It's just a matter of seeing if his body still has life in it.

Packer Report

Quote:
Jolly on rep count for now. Said footwork came back in spring. Having Trgo as coach yet helps.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/28/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Online Dulak  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:17:33 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 94

be weird to have jolly back and be even funnier if he actually played well and started ... to think after all this time away ... maybe the purple juice actually helps ;)

Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:45:37 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

Darin Gantt wrote:
Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly has a mission greater than football these days. But he said that the way he left the Packers before made him want to make things right this time. “I let my team down before, I let my family down before, I let myself down before, and I’m just trying not...
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:09:16 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,995

Lets go 97!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:42:18 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Lets go 97!

Absolutely! I just love stories of true redemption, and I am really pulling for Jolly to make the 53, and even better, make a huge impact on our success this season. I think he will.
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:46:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Anything we get out of Jolly is gravy. I'm really want him to succeed.
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:09:23 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 273

He just needs to keep at it. In the clip I saw he didn't look as stable as Pick but the movement was there, the footwork,etc. I heard he just got married so I cannot be more happy for this turnaround in his life. Does he have a spot on the final roster, I really don't know, but I will be rooting for him as I feel everyone else is.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:47:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,995

I like what I'm hearing from Johnny Jolly.

http://www.packers.com/m...3-43c6-a67d-050bf27128af

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Yerko  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:23:42 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 229

I think he can serve as a quality back up, pending he continues to improve. It would be nice to have so that Worthy wouldn't have to be rushed back into the game.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:35:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,747
Applause Received: 1,317

The skill level at the professional level is pretty much a given for all players. Certainly there are some who stand out like Reggie did.

The difference between a rotational player and someone on the PS and someone who doesn't make a team, any team, is rather small. It takes something extra to be able to stand out. Jolly has that something extra this year and hopefully for the next few years.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/30/2013(UTC)
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:05:28 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

Jason Wilde wrote:
GREEN BAY — When the Green Bay Packers decided to bring back Johnny Jolly after the suspended defensive end was reinstated by the NFL, it wasn't an easy decision, according to general manager Ted Thompson.

Although Jolly has been one of the feel-good stories of training camp so far and has plenty of Packers fans rooting for him to make the team, Thompson said in his first press conference of camp that he and his staff discussed the idea at length before bringing Jolly back with a one-year, minimum-salary deal.

"We thought long and hard on that and made a decision based off of our association with Johnny," Thompson said of Jolly, who played from 2006 through 2009 before being suspended for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons. "When he's been here and been on our team — I'm not going to speak for all the other stuff, I'm not going to try to judge — but when he's been here as part of our team, he's been a good teammate."

Thompson also said some of Jolly's former — and now current, again — teammates vouched for him during the team's decision process.

"He had some veteran players on this team speak up for him," Thompson said. Asked if it was unique for him to take in those player's input, Thompson replied, "I always consider other people's opinions but a lot of things weighed in on this. It wasn't a snap judgment. It's my responsibility and ultimately I made the call."

Asked why he felt it would be a gamble to bring Jolly back, Thompson replied. "Just the whole thing. We don't know what the psyche of guys is and we hadn't seen him in a long time and that sort of thing. I've been pleased at his attitude and so far we're doing fine."

Jolly still faces an uphill climb to make the roster, but he has come off as genuinely remorseful. He now has to prove he can still play.

"A lot of those guys (on the team now) don't know who he is," Thompson said of Jolly's long layoff. "Jolly has some natural ability to play the game. He does things very fluidly and instinctively. The game kind of flows to him. So far so good. (But) we have a long way to go."
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed