Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:59:53 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I don't remember Clowney looking that good. I just remember thinking he was very fast. He was very raw, un-polished, and a poor route runner, otherwise.


I thought the same, but I do remember Jets fans getting all hyped up about him (when he was with the Jets) after all he lead the NFL in preseason game yardage for two or three seasons I believe. He was going to be one of their break out stars... then the regular season came.

Message modified by user Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:53:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/28/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:17:15 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I don't remember Clowney looking that good. I just remember thinking he was very fast. He was very raw, un-polished, and a poor route runner, otherwise.


Exactly. Just like these other late round picks/UDFA that people get excited about and then the vast majority of them disappear.

You may not remember him looking that good but I recall seeing several articles and such touting him as a possible breakout player.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline beast  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:02:02 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Exactly. Just like these other late round picks/UDFA that people get excited about and then the vast majority of them disappear.

You may not remember him looking that good but I recall seeing several articles and such touting him as a possible breakout player.


Okay you meant article love... that's a different story. I remember Clowney getting a ton of pre-training camp article love... speed/size will normaly get you article love just like Johnson got some because of his speed/size. Though Clowney got more, probably because he was a higher pick and the Packers were more WR needy at the time and it was right after Jennings broke out as a rookie, so media thought another guy might break out as a rookie as well.

I found it very strange that Clowney was getting to much love in the media while James Jones (slow guy but draft two rounds higher) was being almost being ignored as far as media love. They just covered him when they talked abotu Clowney speed. I felt bad for Jones then... glad he's gotten some love since ThumpUp
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 12:35:12 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,090
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Okay you meant article love... that's a different story. I remember Clowney getting a ton of pre-training camp article love... speed/size will normaly get you article love just like Johnson got some because of his speed/size. Though Clowney got more, probably because he was a higher pick and the Packers were more WR needy at the time and it was right after Jennings broke out as a rookie, so media thought another guy might break out as a rookie as well.

I found it very strange that Clowney was getting to much love in the media while James Jones (slow guy but draft two rounds higher) was being almost being ignored as far as media love. They just covered him when they talked abotu Clowney speed. I felt bad for Jones then... glad he's gotten some love since ThumpUp


People loooove speed.

Offline DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 12:40:59 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

I like break away speed. Donald driver and now Randall Cobb have that to me. They look like they are going backwards for a second, set their feet, and then vrooom.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 12:42:15 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
People loooove speed.



And a couple, like Al Davis, overpaid millions over the years to obtain players with speed.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / The_Green_Ninja

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88