Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:34:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Quote:
Green Bay -- A Houston court has postponed a hearing on felony drug charges against Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly until Sept. 16, according to The Associated Press.

Jolly was due in court today, but for unknown reasons, the hearing was moved to the new date.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, which constitues a second-degree felony, according to court documents. He posted $10,000 bond and was released at the time.

He has been taking part in Packers' training camp and is expected to be in uniform for the team's exhibition finale Thursday night.

Jolly's new court date falls on a Tuesday, which is a normal day off for the players.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline strobl2  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:50:04 PM(UTC)
strobl2

I'm gonna be really mad if we loose him cause he has to go to jail. I'm getting really sick of all the players misbehaving off the field, and then hurting there team as well.
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:05:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

I highly doubt we lose him for any games. I suspect a large fine.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gopackgo  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:21:19 PM(UTC)
gopackgo

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I highly doubt we lose him for any games. I suspect a large fine.

I sure hope so, DT is the last position we need to lose any players. And I think this was discussed in a previous thread that Goodell tends to be more lenient toward first-time offenders.
blank
Offline chibiabo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:47:44 AM(UTC)
chibiabo

:ramboface: Have to wonder what the civil court does about jail time. Guess if it's just a monetary fine all of it will blow away. Texas ain't the nicest place for Packers.
blank
Offline MassPackersFan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:21:26 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

I hope this gets settled soon. It can't be easy to focus on football when you have felony drug charges hanging over your head, not to mention a possible kill strike to your career by a commish who has (rightly) tried to make an example of people having these types of problems.
First offense... let's hope it's a fine and no suspension. Then he can get down to business. He's a monster when focused and healthy.
UserPostedImage
Offline walleye  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:31:08 AM(UTC)
walleye

I hope this gets settled soon. It can't be easy to focus on football when you have felony drug charges hanging over your head, not to mention a possible kill strike to your career by a commish who has (rightly) tried to make an example of people having these types of problems.
First offense... let's hope it's a fine and no suspension. Then he can get down to business. He's a monster when focused and healthy.
:thumbright: yes he is my fingers are crossed!!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline bozz_2006  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:32:18 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I will be surprised if he gets any jail time, and any suspension. I forsee league fines and probation, probably community service, and a league fine of one game check.
UserPostedImage
Offline NodakPaul  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:35:16 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

I doubt he would get Jail time, but I think would constitute a violation of the substance abuse policy. It would be his first offense though, right? So I expect little more than a directed rehab program and a fine.

I had heard mixed reports before. Was the codeine in syrup form or capsule? If it was syrup, it would likely be used for Purple drank, which is on the NFL's radar after the arrest, cut, and death of Terrence Kiel over the past year... That would likely draw some extra irk from the Commish.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline NodakPaul  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:37:13 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

I will be surprised if he gets any jail time, and any suspension. I forsee league fines and probation, probably community service, and a league fine of one game check.

I think that is probably right on the money.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline bozz_2006  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:37:56 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I doubt he would get Jail time, but I think would constitute a violation of the substance abuse policy. It would be his first offense though, right? So I expect little more than a directed rehab program and a fine.

I had heard mixed reports before. Was the codeine in syrup form or capsule? If it was syrup, it would likely be used for Purple drank, which is on the NFL's radar after the arrest, cut, and death of Terrence Kiel over the past year... That would likely draw some extra irk from the Commish.

it was cough syrup form, Nodak.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed