Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online DarkaneRules  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:33:21 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 261

Originally Posted by: LambeauEast Go to Quoted Post
Every season I think D.J. Williams is going to come into his own and rise up, but he just never seems to do so.

Micah Hyde....what a steal! Yeah, he got burnt on that deep ball, but adjusted nicely thereafter. I think he even had a tackle for a loss, or close to it...he can get up in there!

Lacy, what can you say. The thought of a running facet to this offense makes me just giddy, and hopefully Lacy will continue to be a big part of it. Anxious to see the Lacy-Harris combo.

The Barclay-Newhouse experiment should be over. The job is Barclay's imo.

Barclay won the job during the game. Newhouse will swing backup both LT and RT I presume.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 8/19/2013(UTC)
Offline olds70supreme  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:04:40 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 35

How did House bounce back from the Cardinals game? I haven't seen a lot of chatter about DB depth, I feel like we have a lot of promising guys that are at very similar levels of development and talent.
blank
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:07:42 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme Go to Quoted Post
How did House bounce back from the Cardinals game? I haven't seen a lot of chatter about DB depth, I feel like we have a lot of promising guys that are at very similar levels of development and talent.

olds, House played a very solid game. Bounced back nicely. With Hayward coming back, and Micah Hyde looking to be in his 5th season as a starter, I think our DB depth is better than any one of us might have expected. Who knew on draft day what a talented and poised player Micah Hyde would turn out to be? Granted, we are two games into the preseason, but the game just does not look to big for him. He even made a really nice punt return, solid and confident.

I'll add Chris Banjo at Safety as another promising DB. steveishere was raving about his play in the AZ game, and I didn't even know we had a Banjo... I looked more closely at that game and he was right. Banjo followed that up with another solid performance v. STL. He's not tall, at all, but he's solid and plays solid at S. He might stick. I kind of like his play better than MD Jennings. McMillian had a stinker v. AZ, then followed up with a more stout performance v. STL.

We've got another UDFA in Brandon Smith who has all the measurables you want in a corner, but he is really looking raw and did not play well v. STL. Maybe he makes the PS.

All in all, that secondary is starting to look really solid.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:35:36 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

It was good to see House come back, hopefully he keeps getting healthier and improving. Banjo is fun to watch, gives 100%, !00% of the the time it seems and he flies around. Was looking for a big jump from McMillian this year, maybe it's still coming. If Smith can develop what a bonus that would be, great measurable, good PS candidate. Barclay seems to be stepping up, let's keep it going. Bakhtiati is a real blessing, I'm just paranoid about when the real bullets start flying. I think the offense has looked really, really good when you consider neither our 1 and 2 receivers have not even played. Looking forward to see how players look in the Seattle game. Third game teams usually want to be getting things together pretty much. That should be a pretty stiff test yet.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline steveishere  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:40:25 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 790

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
olds, House played a very solid game. Bounced back nicely. With Hayward coming back, and Micah Hyde looking to be in his 5th season as a starter, I think our DB depth is better than any one of us might have expected. Who knew on draft day what a talented and poised player Micah Hyde would turn out to be? Granted, we are two games into the preseason, but the game just does not look to big for him. He even made a really nice punt return, solid and confident.

I'll add Chris Banjo at Safety as another promising DB. steveishere was raving about his play in the AZ game, and I didn't even know we had a Banjo... I looked more closely at that game and he was right. Banjo followed that up with another solid performance v. STL. He's not tall, at all, but he's solid and plays solid at S. He might stick. I kind of like his play better than MD Jennings. McMillian had a stinker v. AZ, then followed up with a more stout performance v. STL.

We've got another UDFA in Brandon Smith who has all the measurables you want in a corner, but he is really looking raw and did not play well v. STL. Maybe he makes the PS.

Holy shit dude just stop lol. I said "he didn't suck" that's it.
Brick wall
Offline play2win  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:58:13 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Holy sh!t dude just stop lol. I said "he didn't suck" that's it.
Brick wall

Laughing Applause Laughing Applause

Yeah, well, credit where credit is due my friend. I'm impressed with the Banjo!
Offline Yerko  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:47:25 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 228

Micah Hyde is another example of other scouts and teams playing on the numbers game too much. I am an avid B10 football fan and Micah is a SOLID all-around player. When the Packers called his name on draft day, I was pretty excited because of his Iowa days.
He had a poor showing at the combine and was considered a slow player so he dropped in the draft significantly. He was a very good player who rarely made mistakes in college. He plays smart (much like Hayward). He should do well in this defense and if he wants to contribute to ST, that's even better.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 8/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:11:16 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 363

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Micah Hyde is another example of other scouts and teams playing on the numbers game too much. I am an avid B10 football fan and Micah is a SOLID all-around player. When the Packers called his name on draft day, I was pretty excited because of his Iowa days.
He had a poor showing at the combine and was considered a slow player so he dropped in the draft significantly. He was a very good player who rarely made mistakes in college. He plays smart (much like Hayward). He should do well in this defense and if he wants to contribute to ST, that's even better.

What really impressed me with Hyde in the Rams game is despite his lack of top speed, he seemed very instinctive and knew where he needed to go during a play and how to get there. I'm rather happy to hear they're giving him reps at punt returning this week.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:57:56 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,292
Applause Received: 568

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
What really impressed me with Hyde in the Rams game is despite his lack of top speed, he seemed very instinctive and knew where he needed to go during a play and how to get there. I'm rather happy to hear they're giving him reps at punt returning this week.

If Hyde can field punts, Ross is expendable.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
play2win on 8/21/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:58:56 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

I think that's what we will see nerdmann.

Myles White looks to be a far better WR. Ross seems to have become unreliable as a WR, and will always have the SF fumble stigma. You can see it in his play. Ross just does not look like a confident, sure player.

I bet McCarthy was quietly doing backflips in his mind when he saw how sure and confident Hyde looked back there as a PR.
Offline yooperfan  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:13:57 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 518
Applause Received: 242

I think that's what we will see nerdmann.

Myles White looks to be a far better WR. Ross seems to have become unreliable as a WR, and will always have the SF fumble stigma. You can see it in his play. Ross just does not look like a confident, sure player.

I bet McCarthy was quietly doing backflips in his mind when he saw how sure and confident Hyde looked back there as a PR.

Hyde did look pretty natural back there.
Did he return punts in college?

Offline Mucky Tundra  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:48:12 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 363

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Hyde did look pretty natural back there.
Did he return punts in college?

Rookie Micah Hyde seeks job as punt returner for Packers

Quote:
"You have to secure the ball first," Hyde said. "That's what any team wants. I catch 'em.

"I didn't put the ball on the ground last year. Junior year, the first Big Ten game against Penn State, that was the first time I put it on the ground. It hit the bottom of my face mask, but we got it back. I didn't turn it over."

May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed