Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earthquake  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:57:28 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 137
Applause Received: 53

I really want to see Blumpkin make the team. I see them keeping 4 at this point, they have 5 decent backs and its going to very hard to trim that to 3.

While i like all 7 LB's, i think you could pick the best 2 from hodge, white and bishop. Barnett + hawk+ pop + chillar + any 2 of those 3 will be a great group and provide plenty of depth.

Now if they only keep 3 RB's and someone ends up getting hurt, they are very limited all of a sudden at RB. Idealy you want grant as your workhorse, jackson as the change up, #3 guy for third downs, and then a spare guy who can step into either the #2 or # spot if someone happens to go down. With only 3 in there you're down to 2 with an injury, and that really isnt enough imo.
blank
Offline Tiger  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:21:01 PM(UTC)
Tiger

Possibly Mike McCarthy will decide to keep Kuhn or Hall only? I have manlove for both of these guys and i really want them to be kept. Haynos is an interesting development, i really didnt see Humphrey sticking around but if what they are saying about Haynos is true then Mike McCarthy maybe will take 4 TE's - Lee, Humphrey, Haynos and Finley. In previous years Mike McCarthy only took 2 TE's and 1 FB on the roster, he'll hardly take 4 and 2 this year will he? Interesting cuts will have to be made im afraid. When you have a great team even your backups are good!
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:01:39 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I really want to see Blumpkin make the team. I see them keeping 4 at this point, they have 5 decent backs and its going to very hard to trim that to 3.

While i like all 7 LB's, i think you could pick the best 2 from hodge, white and bishop. Barnett + hawk+ pop + chillar + any 2 of those 3 will be a great group and provide plenty of depth.

Now if they only keep 3 RB's and someone ends up getting hurt, they are very limited all of a sudden at RB. Idealy you want grant as your workhorse, jackson as the change up, #3 guy for third downs, and then a spare guy who can step into either the #2 or # spot if someone happens to go down. With only 3 in there you're down to 2 with an injury, and that really isnt enough imo.

Reason for the 7 LBs - Special Teams. Remember how bad we were in '06 for STs? '07, it went from a severe weakness to a strength. Even won us our opening game.

We can keep Lumpkin on the PS and hope he doesn't get snatched. If there's an injury to any of our RBs, he's on the team. Not sure what # the extra RB was. Someone help me out there. Did they mean the extra RB is #4 or #5? I was assuming 4 would make the team and 5 would be the decision (between a 6th WR, a 5th HB, or a 7th LB). So if I'm correct, it goes Grant, Jackson, Herron, and Mo are on the team and we have to decide to have a 5th HB, a 6th WR, or a 7th LB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:03:33 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Possibly Mike McCarthy will decide to keep Kuhn or Hall only? I have manlove for both of these guys and i really want them to be kept. Haynos is an interesting development, i really didnt see Humphrey sticking around but if what they are saying about Haynos is true then Mike McCarthy maybe will take 4 TE's - Lee, Humphrey, Haynos and Finley. In previous years Mike McCarthy only took 2 TE's and 1 FB on the roster, he'll hardly take 4 and 2 this year will he? Interesting cuts will have to be made im afraid. When you have a great team even your backups are good!

Mike McCarthy liked the 2 FB sets, so I think we keep Kuhn and Hall and 2 TEs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed