Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:40:26 PM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 30

3 games in a row.
The reality is that the 49ers are just a better team.

The pack prepared ALL SEASON to contain the read option from Kaepernick, and Kaep still beat the pack with his arm. He is the next breed of QB.

Aaron played his heart out, and still is elite. But it's just not enough.

I don't think there really are any answers. You can talk turnovers, etc, but in reality, the 49ers are just better.

I have trouble admitting it, but it's a fact. 3 games in a row. They have our number.

Even if we see them in the playoffs, it's going to be hard to see a different outcome.

V-6 racing a stronger V-8 motor.

blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Cheesey on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline bboystyle  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 12:34:11 AM(UTC)
bboystyle

Applause Received: 6

I disagree. If our TE catches that ball we have a good chance of scoring instead of it being an INT and SF scoring. If Lacy doesnt fumble, they dont get the ball in our territory and score. We arent gonna go on the road against the best team in the NFC and beat them with a -2 turnover ratio. I have a good feeling that the next time we meet them, we will win. I feel very good about this team this year despite the safeties playing like trash. The errors they made can be fixed which is a good thing. Last time i had this feeling about the team was back in 2010. We didnt get dominated or blown out by SF. We took it to them with our guys playing avg. the refs not knowing the rules and giving SF an extra down, and giving the ball to SF twice. Watch next week, redskins will get blown out!
blank
Offline Dulak  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:30:46 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 166
Applause Received: 104

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay Go to Quoted Post
3 games in a row.
The reality is that the 49ers are just a better team.

The pack prepared ALL SEASON to contain the read option from Kaepernick, and Kaep still beat the pack with his arm. He is the next breed of QB.

Aaron played his heart out, and still is elite. But it's just not enough.

I don't think there really are any answers. You can talk turnovers, etc, but in reality, the 49ers are just better.

I have trouble admitting it, but it's a fact. 3 games in a row. They have our number.

Even if we see them in the playoffs, it's going to be hard to see a different outcome.

V-6 racing a stronger V-8 motor.

If I could give a - applause I would.

Instead of looking at all the negative things about the packers; look at the positives.

Burnett our best safety since Collins - was out; our other 2 guys couldn't handle things very well. IMO if we had burnett it would of been a different game.
Our rookie LT sure learned a lot this game. He needs to improve else Mike McCarthy should find another guy.
Run blocking - another thing we can work on.
Boldin ... guy was an animal - even in Jennings hayday didn't even come close to what boldin did that game.

We did pretty good even considering we turned the ball over 2x and got a bad ref call.

Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:18:55 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,783
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
If I could give a - applause I would.

Instead of looking at all the negative things about the packers; look at the positives.

Burnett our best safety since Collins - was out; our other 2 guys couldn't handle things very well. IMO if we had burnett it would of been a different game.
Our rookie LT sure learned a lot this game. He needs to improve else Mike McCarthy should find another guy.
Run blocking - another thing we can work on.
Boldin ... guy was an animal - even in Jennings hayday didn't even come close to what boldin did that game.

We did pretty good even considering we turned the ball over 2x and got a bad ref call.

They had some good players out too.

But I agree, we showed we CAN beat them. Hell, we showed we SHOULD beat them.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:24:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,987
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: bboystyle Go to Quoted Post
I disagree. If our TE catches that ball we have a good chance of scoring instead of it being an INT and SF scoring.

I don't think 49ers scored any points off the INT because they missed a FG. I could be mis-remembering too.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:30:28 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 129
Applause Received: 468

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't think 49ers scored any points off the INT because they missed a FG. I could be mis-remembering too.

No, I think you are right.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Pack93z  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:37:22 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

I truly think the difference between us and them.. comes down to two simple areas right now.

1. They get a more consistent pass rush than we can currently generate.

2. They have a better offensive line overall.

I agree, they are the better more complete team, stated that last year as well early (see dialog with ZombieSlayer), but I think we have closed the gap from last year to this year. Especially with us establishing some run game success late yesterday.

If Matthews doesn't make a mistake with the late hit.. this game becomes even closer. BTW.. the Unsportsmanlike on Staley was BS.. if anything, Matthews should have gotten that as well.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DarkaneRules on 9/9/2013(UTC), Wade on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:39:22 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 361

Well I for one think they are better but we are getting really close!

Boldin is better than Finley.
Their D line is better than ours. Ours is still in transition.
Their returners are smarter than ours. Ross is dumb. Plain and simple.
Their O line is more experienced and elite than ours across the board.
Their running back is better.

Other than that I agree :)
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:45:44 AM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Well I for one think they are better but we are getting really close!

Boldin is better than Finley.
Their D line is better than ours. Ours is still in transition.
Their returners are smarter than ours. Ross is dumb. Plain and simple.
Their O line is more experienced and elite than ours across the board.
Their running back is better.

Other than that I agree :)

LOL.

We can say penalty this, fumble that, but that's the nature of the game.
Many teams could say that to near losses to the Packers as well.
We are CLOSE doesn't really mean anything. It's still an L.

Beyond the excuses, the psychological edge remains.

The packers will need to have a near flawless game to beat them.
That's going to be hard against a disciplined team like the 9ers.

Kaepernick is not a one trick pony. They will beat us with whatever we don't take away.
We can't cover everything.
blank
play2win on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:48:48 AM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

SHould beat them and DID beat them are two different things.

To be the top dog in the NFC, Green Bay has to handilly beat the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Washington will be interesting. We'll see how they respond.
blank
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:51:31 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay Go to Quoted Post
SHould beat them and DID beat them are two different things.

To be the top dog in the NFC, Green Bay has to handilly beat the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Washington will be interesting. We'll see how they respond.

We are far from top dog. Far. From... Puke
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 8:03:20 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 494
Applause Received: 303

Wrong about being far from the top dog. We just lost a close game we coulda/shoulda won to the best team in the NFL.

As I've said many times, it was not the read option that killed the Packers in last years playoff game; It was Kaepernick dropping back and taking off. The Packers had a well-thought out plan to stop that. They just didn't figure on Kaepernick passing out of his mind like that, and as I recall seeing him in a couple of non-Packer games, he ain't always that good a passer. Either he played over his head, or our secondary was that bad, or both. Capers seemed to be relying on Corners and Safeties virtually 100% in coverage. The whole front seven (or six most of the time) was dedicated to containment - which they basically did a good job of. I just wonder what difference a healthy Hayward on Bolden and Burnett on Davis or in deep zone would have made. It was a chess match; Capers had a good strategy, but Niner strategy - and more so, execution was better.

If not for the turnovers on offense (and officiating), we still woulda beat 'em.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DoddPower on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 8:27:39 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Wrong about being far from the top dog. We just lost a close game we coulda/shoulda won to the best team in the NFL.

As I've said many times, it was not the read option that killed the Packers in last years playoff game; It was Kaepernick dropping back and taking off. The Packers had a well-thought out plan to stop that. They just didn't figure on Kaepernick passing out of his mind like that, and as I recall seeing him in a couple of non-Packer games, he ain't always that good a passer. Either he played over his head, or our secondary was that bad, or both. Capers seemed to be relying on Corners and Safeties virtually 100% in coverage. The whole front seven (or six most of the time) was dedicated to containment - which they basically did a good job of. I just wonder what difference a healthy Hayward on Bolden and Burnett on Davis or in deep zone would have made. It was a chess match; Capers had a good strategy, but Niner strategy - and more so, execution was better.

If not for the turnovers on offense (and officiating), we still woulda beat 'em.

Bullshit.

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

We were not even close. Was that not a meaningful game? Sure as hell was. And, I cannot remember the last time we dominated one of those games. A meaningful game. We have another coming up on Sunday, defending our own home turf, the hallowed Lambeau Field. How have we done with that lately? Holy shit.

We are far, far, far from being a top 5 team in this NFL. If we keep playing like this.... the only other SF QB to launch 400+ and 3 TDs in the first game of the season was Joe Montana. I am not sure if you are realizing this, but we keep helping to set NFL records for futility.

Kaepernick had never before thrown for 300 yds... he had a record setting day with a career high 412.

We gave up 500 freaking yds. on defense. Holy F. Top dog? Are you kidding me? How?
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 10:10:41 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,783
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I truly think the difference between us and them.. comes down to two simple areas right now.

1. They get a more consistent pass rush than we can currently generate.

2. They have a better offensive line overall.

I agree, they are the better more complete team, stated that last year as well early (see dialog with ZombieSlayer), but I think we have closed the gap from last year to this year. Especially with us establishing some run game success late yesterday.

If Matthews doesn't make a mistake with the late hit.. this game becomes even closer. BTW.. the Unsportsmanlike on Staley was BS.. if anything, Matthews should have gotten that as well.

Why does everyone think we were rushing the passer yesterday? We were containing a running QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 2:20:30 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,169
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Bullsh!t.

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

We were not even close. Was that not a meaningful game? Sure as hell was. And, I cannot remember the last time we dominated one of those games. A meaningful game. We have another coming up on Sunday, defending our own home turf, the hallowed Lambeau Field. How have we done with that lately? Holy sh!t.

We are far, far, far from being a top 5 team in this NFL. If we keep playing like this.... the only other SF QB to launch 400+ and 3 TDs in the first game of the season was Joe Montana. I am not sure if you are realizing this, but we keep helping to set NFL records for futility.

Kaepernick had never before thrown for 300 yds... he had a record setting day with a career high 412.

We gave up 500 freaking yds. on defense. Holy F. Top dog? Are you kidding me? How?

LOL, we can always depend on the the predictable and emotional over-reaction posts by play2win after a loss. At least it's amusing.

If you truly believe the Packers are "far, far, far" from being a top 5 team in the NFL, you are clueless. The Packers played a overall better team incredibly tough (on the road, no less), had a lead in the 4th quarter, but came up a little short. It happens. The 49'ers are better than most other teams in the league, if not all. As I said in the chat, if the Packers continue to play the way they did week 1 while cleaning up a few things, they will win many games this year, a minimum of 10 and quite possibly 11 or 12. That's a good team. If they stay relatively healthy, they would have as good of a chance as any in the playoffs. Since they are SO FAR away from being a top 5 team, who are the other 10 teams that are clearly so much better than the Packers? Or perhaps you think they are much lower than the top 15, since they're so far away. At this point, the 49'ers and Bronco's are probably better. The Seahawks struggled pretty badly on Sunday against the Panthers. I watched that game and they did not look that good. The Panthers left a ton of opportunities to score on the field yesterday, mostly by shitting themselves. Also, I don't think their defense is as good as the Packers, but they held the Seahawks in check.

So the 49'ers are better. Big deal. It's the NFL. We can't expect the Packers to be the #1 team constantly. Obviously that's the goal those that are getting paid need to be shooting for, but it's just not going to happen all the time. The 49'ers are better, but the Packers are still a good team, and if they play up to their ability and eliminate a few stupid plays, they could very well beat them. That's why the games are played.

The Packers are right in the mix of the top 5 or 8 teams. Absolutely. They just need some young players to keep developing and stay healthy overall, and they will be Super Bowl contenders come playoff time. That's about all we as fans could hope for. Sure, they could be better, but what team couldn't. Packer fans still have it pretty good.
Rss Feed