Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:06:24 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Matt needs to send The Lions a Xmas present every year!!!!
That one performance made him a ton of money.

Who will be the backup in Green Bay next year?????

I'm betting Matt Flynn.

Packers won't be responsible for any of that big money he is getting paid.

Pretty obvious by the article Matt is done in Oakland, they will bite the bullet and release him prob after the season.

Matt can then return to The Packers and enjoy his career as a backup. making veteran minimum and enjoying all the money he made from that one performance against The Lions.

http://www.cbssports.com...flynn-demoted-to-no-3-qb
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 10/5/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline musccy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:57:07 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 220

I didn't watch a second of football this weekend so didn't see anything from the game. Flynn's stat line didn't look all that bad, why the demotion?
Offline yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:12:23 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 578
Applause Received: 265

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Matt needs to send The Lions a Xmas present every year!!!!
That one performance made him a ton of money.

Who will be the backup in Green Bay next year?????

I'm betting Matt Flynn.

Packers won't be responsible for any of that big money he is getting paid.

Pretty obvious by the article Matt is done in Oakland, they will bite the bullet and release him prob after the season.

Matt can then return to The Packers and enjoy his career as a backup. making veteran minimum and enjoying all the money he made from that one performance against The Lions.

http://www.cbssports.com...flynn-demoted-to-no-3-qb


I like your scenario.
The only thing better would be if it could happen today.

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:48:37 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
I didn't watch a second of football this weekend so didn't see anything from the game. Flynn's stat line didn't look all that bad, why the demotion?


The head coach blamed Matt for the loss.

Obviously he(the head coach) has decided that Matt is not the answer and the organization agrees, they will try and trade him, but in the end he will be released.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline nyrpack  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:08:57 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 53

unfortunately matt aint all that good !!
jimmy b.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:48:41 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: nyrpack Go to Quoted Post
unfortunately matt aint all that good !!


He's pretty good IN GREEN BAY!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline nyrpack  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 4:54:53 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
He's pretty good IN GREEN BAY!!!!


gotta play more then 2 games to be so called good !!
jimmy b.
Offline yooperfan  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 6:30:54 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 578
Applause Received: 265

Originally Posted by: nyrpack Go to Quoted Post
gotta play more then 2 games to be so called good !!


Flynn is not, nor will he ever be good enough to be a starting caliber QB but I would feel more comfortable with him backing up Rodgers than I do Seneca Wallace.

Offline nyrpack  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:53:56 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Flynn is not, nor will he ever be good enough to be a starting caliber QB but I would feel more comfortable with him backing up Rodgers than I do Seneca Wallace.



even though we are dead without aaron, i would be more confident with a guy that has games under his belt like wallace over a guy who has 2 career starts going into this year !!
jimmy b.
Offline yooperfan  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 3:55:24 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 578
Applause Received: 265

Originally Posted by: nyrpack Go to Quoted Post
even though we are dead without aaron, i would be more confident with a guy that has games under his belt like wallace over a guy who has 2 career starts going into this year !!


That's true what you say about Rodgers.
I'll still take Flynn as my backup in Green Bay since he is far better prepared to run the Green Bay offense.
And what has Seneca Wallace ever proven as a starter or a reliever?

Offline steveishere  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 5:00:42 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 938

I don't think the Matt Flynn that lost a back up job to Matt McGloin is the same one we saw vs the Lions guys. THAT guy I do not want on this team. Whatever magic the guy had it appears he's lost it.
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.166 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

2h / Random Babble / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

14h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

16h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.