Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:36:55 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Yes but one must presume that they would not bring in Gonzo to fill the same role as Mulligan. The only reason you would bring in a player like Gonzales is to throw him the ball...a lot... and that would affect your starter.

No different than bringing in a legit #4 WR which we had last year and everything seemed to work ok. Guys like DJ Williams and Andrew Quarless weren't drafted to be crappy back ups, reserve blockers, or ST players.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
beast on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:41:16 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: nyrpack Go to Quoted Post
very few trades are made in the nfl, dont think anything looks promising !!

There have been a few big name trades already this season. A lot more action than we are used to. I was shocked when the Browns traded away Trent Richardson because when do we ever really see a team trade a star player in the middle of the season?

I think a thread like this just gets people thinking. While there is a slim chance to anything ever happening in season with the Packers, its still fun to talk about.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:35:59 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
No different than bringing in a legit #4 WR which we had last year and everything seemed to work ok. Guys like DJ Williams and Andrew Quarless weren't drafted to be crappy back ups, reserve blockers, or ST players.

No they weren't and they are not huge parts of the offense either which is my point. You don't trade for a guy like Gonzales unless you plan on using him as a pass catcher. Right now the Packers are not using their backup TEs as pass catchers.

This happens every time a big name hits the market, be it through free agency or trade possibility or whatever. Someone decides that just because they were a great player at one time or another that they would be a great benefit for our team. I just don't see it. Would it be a disaster? of course not, I just don't see much, if any upside to it.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online beast  
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:09:48 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 320

The only reason you would bring in a player like Gonzales is to throw him the ball...a lot..

You make that sound like a bad thing... if a player is making plays then they should be getting the ball. And you can have more than one TE on the field at a time.

Right now the Packers are not using their backup TEs as pass catchers.

Because they can't catch the ball... and not making plays when they get their chances. Lets be honest, Gonzales and Finley both would.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online buckeyepackfan  
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:47:53 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

HELL NO!!!!

Paul Posluszny

Everyone is busy talking about the fire sale in Cleveland, but no one is talking about the fact they should be doing something similar in Jacksonville. I mean, look at what it did for the Browns who are now in a tie for first place in the AFC North. Posluszny has not been a star at the linebacker position, but he has been consistent, similar to A.J. Hawk. He would fit well in the Packers defense and provide some needed depth at the position without breaking the bank.

All three players could provide some help to a Packers team that is deep, but is fighting a bit of a losing battle with injuries.

THAT'S ALL WE NEED IS ANOTHER FRICKIN' A.J. HAWK!!!!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:54:16 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

We've still got Bostick.

Although I guess they don't think he's ready yet.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:58:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay football is reality football not fantasy football.
The reality is Ted Thompson is General Manager of the Packers.
Why waste your time fantasizing about these trades.
Not going to happen folks!

yoop it looks like some guys enjoy watching a pole dancer for 2 hours then go home and taking an ice cold shower. Shrug
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
yooperfan on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Online DakotaT  
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:13:40 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,376

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
We've still got Bostick.

Although I guess they don't think he's ready yet.

They should give Bostick some playing time, cause the other guys aren't doing jack. I've watched Taylor and Quarless miss gimme balls and of course Finley always has his moments. Our offense required production from the TE position.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:51:40 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

We don't need to trade for anybody. We got depth at every position except Saftey. Saftey I would trade for. But the Packers never will.
Offline sschind  
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:04:20 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
You make that sound like a bad thing... if a player is making plays then they should be getting the ball. And you can have more than one TE on the field at a time.

Because they can't catch the ball... and not making plays when they get their chances. Lets be honest, Gonzales and Finley both would.

If they are throwing the ball to Gonzo a lot then Finley will become like the rest of our guys. Mike McCarthy does not run an offense like Bill B. did with Hernandez and Gronkowski. If we had Finley and Gonzales one of them would be wasted. Frankly I would rather have the draft pick than a guy who would be done after this year (most likely.) Especially if that guy won't have much of an impact which I don't think he would.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online beast  
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:00:38 AM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
No different than bringing in a legit #4 WR

You're right on the money, it'd be nice to be able to play Gonzo, Finley, Nelson and Cobb right now with Jones being out and Ross cut.

If we had Finley and Gonzales one of them would be wasted.

Sounds like you're saying Mike McCarthy doesn't know how to use two good TEs.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
They should give Bostick some playing time, cause the other guys aren't doing jack.

They should have him practicing at WR because that's what he is. A huge, slow WR (which is fast for a TE). And he could help fill in for Jones if he's injury for a while.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DoddPower  
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:23:39 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,096
Applause Received: 530

I know Cleveland isn't trading him, but Gordon would look especially good in Green and Gold at this point.
Online beast  
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:40:33 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I know Cleveland isn't trading him, but Gordon would look especially good in Green and Gold at this point.

I strongly doubt the Browns would be willing to trade Gordon.

Giants seem to be listening to offers for WR Hakeem Nicks, who they haven't been able to work out a long term deal with (at least not yet).

Jags seem to be listening to all offers on any of their players, sounds like they're trying to trade RB Jones-Drew ("at the right price") and they have seem to have a love/hate relationship with WR Justin Blackmon. Love his talent but sounds like they might be having some problems with him off the field. I doubt they'd be willing to trade him, because they seem to love his potential, but maybe they could ask about him.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#39 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:43:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Brandon Lloyd?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#40 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:44:22 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I strongly doubt the Browns would be willing to trade Gordon.

Giants seem to be listening to offers for WR Hakeem Nicks, who they haven't been able to work out a long term deal with (at least not yet).

Jags seem to be listening to all offers on any of their players, sounds like they're trying to trade RB Jones-Drew ("at the right price") and they have seem to have a love/hate relationship with WR Justin Blackmon. Love his talent but sounds like they might be having some problems with him off the field. I doubt they'd be willing to trade him, because they seem to love his potential, but maybe they could ask about him.

Yeah, I'm just saying it would be nice! Justin Blackmon is a beast, I can't imagine him going anywhere. He could very likely be the Packers best WR if he was on this team. Nicks is good, but he's pretty disappointing a lot of time, too. But still, he'd obviously be better Boykin et al.

Hopefully James Jones can come back soon. If so, the Packers still have weapons, especially if they can keep improving their run game. I wouldn't expect any big moves if Jones comes back. If both are done for the season, it's going to be a long rest of the season, probably.

Offline sschind  
#41 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:09:10 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Blackmon or Gordon would be awesome in Green Bay but I highly doubt either of them will be going anywhere. I know the Jags and Browns front office haven't been stellar but I doubt even they would be stupid enough to trade away their best playmakers.

If we get any Cleveland WR maybe we can trade for Charles Johnson.
Offline nerdmann  
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:16:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Blackmon or Gordon would be awesome in Green Bay but I highly doubt either of them will be going anywhere. I know the Jags and Browns front office haven't been stellar but I doubt even they would be stupid enough to trade away their best playmakers.

If we get any Cleveland WR maybe we can trade for Charles Johnson.

Cleveland is rebuilding. They traded away Trent Richardson.
Offline DoddPower  
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:18:40 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

They specifically said they aren't trading Josh Gordon, and considering he's putting up big numbers every week, I don't doubt them. Now, I'm sure they would for the right price, but it would probably take a first for it to happen. They spent a high 2nd round pick on him, anyway, so it really wouldn't make any sense for them to trade him, considering he's so young.
Offline sschind  
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:40:35 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Richardson was not the player that Gordon is. Yeah they are rebuilding but I doubt they would want to start totally from scratch. Gordon is their biggest playmaker on offense by far. Without Richardson the Browns need at least two pieces to their offensive puzzle (QB and RB) they would be stupid to trade Gordon and have to find a third. Espescially when they still need a legit #2 WR.

I'm not saying they won't do it, just that they would be stupid if they did.

yooperfan on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed