Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:40:43 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 222

Lot's of injuries but at least we didn't lose some key players to IR. Especially with both Cobb and Jones standing over there on crutches. I thought we might have lost them both for the year.

Looking ahead at the schedule it could be worse. Understanding that in the NFL you can't look passed any team I still feel we caught a break.

IMO we beat the Browns and Vikes with what we had left on the field in Baltimore. A stellar run D and enough offense to whip both those teams.

Da Bears follow that and I would hope CM3 will be back for that game. It will be the 4th Sunday after the thumb and you know he will be running thru walls to play against Cutler.

You also have to like the fact that while the schedule looked tough at the beginning of the year the Eagles, Giants, Falcons and Steelers all struggling and not a whole lot there to believe they can turn it around. Added to that we get three of four of these at home.

If we don't see a lot more players go down and keep adding back guys as they get healthy this could be another year where they really get the motor running towards the last few games. I could see a 2010 type year where we may win but are held back a little with guys out and then just get that mojo working.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:46:12 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Lot's of injuries but at least we didn't lose some key players to IR. Especially with both Cobb and Jones standing over there on crutches. I thought we might have lost them both for the year.

Looking ahead at the schedule it could be worse. Understanding that in the NFL you can't look passed any team I still feel we caught a break.

IMO we beat the Browns and Vikes with what we had left on the field in Baltimore. A stellar run D and enough offense to whip both those teams.

Da Bears follow that and I would hope CM3 will be back for that game. It will be the 4th Sunday after the thumb and you know he will be running thru walls to play against Cutler.

You also have to like the fact that while the schedule looked tough at the beginning of the year the Eagles, Giants, Falcons and Steelers all struggling and not a whole lot there to believe they can turn it around. Added to that we get three of four of these at home.

If we don't see a lot more players go down and keep adding back guys as they get healthy this could be another year where they really get the motor running towards the last few games. I could see a 2010 type year where we may win but are held back a little with guys out and then just get that mojo working.

Winning this last week was huge in this regard; staying a half game behind the Bears and Lions, on the same number of losses. It's not going to be easy to ride this injury wave but it is manageable with the pieces we still have in place. We just need to stay at least in striking distance of whoever is leading the division (if not leading it ourselves) until we ride this out.
Born and bred a cheesehead
nerdmann on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:33:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,639
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Winning this last week was huge in this regard; staying a half game behind the Bears and Lions, on the same number of losses. It's not going to be easy to ride this injury wave but it is manageable with the pieces we still have in place. We just need to stay at least in striking distance of whoever is leading the division (if not leading it ourselves) until we ride this out.

Fortunately, the teams ahead of us in the division, suck.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Online hardrocker950  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:05:21 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 69
Applause Received: 83

Winning in Baltimore with key players off the field says a lot for this group. Although the Browns have a very good D, I still see us winning. It is fortunate that Lacy has been very productive, so we don't have to rely on throwing the ball as much while Cobb and Jones are out.

Time for some good old fashioned hard-nosed football!
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:05:29 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 613
Applause Received: 277

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 Go to Quoted Post
Winning in Baltimore with key players off the field says a lot for this group. Although the Browns have a very good D, I still see us winning. It is fortunate that Lacy has been very productive, so we don't have to rely on throwing the ball as much while Cobb and Jones are out.

Time for some good old fashioned hard-nosed football!

I'm all over that bandwagon!!

Rss Feed