Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:40:43 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 215

Lot's of injuries but at least we didn't lose some key players to IR. Especially with both Cobb and Jones standing over there on crutches. I thought we might have lost them both for the year.

Looking ahead at the schedule it could be worse. Understanding that in the NFL you can't look passed any team I still feel we caught a break.

IMO we beat the Browns and Vikes with what we had left on the field in Baltimore. A stellar run D and enough offense to whip both those teams.

Da Bears follow that and I would hope CM3 will be back for that game. It will be the 4th Sunday after the thumb and you know he will be running thru walls to play against Cutler.

You also have to like the fact that while the schedule looked tough at the beginning of the year the Eagles, Giants, Falcons and Steelers all struggling and not a whole lot there to believe they can turn it around. Added to that we get three of four of these at home.

If we don't see a lot more players go down and keep adding back guys as they get healthy this could be another year where they really get the motor running towards the last few games. I could see a 2010 type year where we may win but are held back a little with guys out and then just get that mojo working.



"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline mi_keys  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:46:12 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Lot's of injuries but at least we didn't lose some key players to IR. Especially with both Cobb and Jones standing over there on crutches. I thought we might have lost them both for the year.

Looking ahead at the schedule it could be worse. Understanding that in the NFL you can't look passed any team I still feel we caught a break.

IMO we beat the Browns and Vikes with what we had left on the field in Baltimore. A stellar run D and enough offense to whip both those teams.

Da Bears follow that and I would hope CM3 will be back for that game. It will be the 4th Sunday after the thumb and you know he will be running thru walls to play against Cutler.

You also have to like the fact that while the schedule looked tough at the beginning of the year the Eagles, Giants, Falcons and Steelers all struggling and not a whole lot there to believe they can turn it around. Added to that we get three of four of these at home.

If we don't see a lot more players go down and keep adding back guys as they get healthy this could be another year where they really get the motor running towards the last few games. I could see a 2010 type year where we may win but are held back a little with guys out and then just get that mojo working.





Winning this last week was huge in this regard; staying a half game behind the Bears and Lions, on the same number of losses. It's not going to be easy to ride this injury wave but it is manageable with the pieces we still have in place. We just need to stay at least in striking distance of whoever is leading the division (if not leading it ourselves) until we ride this out.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:33:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,377
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Winning this last week was huge in this regard; staying a half game behind the Bears and Lions, on the same number of losses. It's not going to be easy to ride this injury wave but it is manageable with the pieces we still have in place. We just need to stay at least in striking distance of whoever is leading the division (if not leading it ourselves) until we ride this out.


Fortunately, the teams ahead of us in the division, suck.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/15/2013(UTC)
Offline hardrocker950  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:05:21 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/10/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 63
Applause Received: 58

Winning in Baltimore with key players off the field says a lot for this group. Although the Browns have a very good D, I still see us winning. It is fortunate that Lacy has been very productive, so we don't have to rely on throwing the ball as much while Cobb and Jones are out.

Time for some good old fashioned hard-nosed football!
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:05:29 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 542
Applause Received: 251

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 Go to Quoted Post
Winning in Baltimore with key players off the field says a lot for this group. Although the Browns have a very good D, I still see us winning. It is fortunate that Lacy has been very productive, so we don't have to rely on throwing the ball as much while Cobb and Jones are out.

Time for some good old fashioned hard-nosed football!


I'm all over that bandwagon!!

Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Random Babble / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

8h / Random Babble / DakotaT

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

31-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Gaycandybacon

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

29-Aug / Around The NFL / OlHoss1884


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.