Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:35:59 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Well, neither QB had a chance to do much against Tennessee's #1 defense, but midway through the third quarter the Titans finally put in their reserves so that the Packer O-line was not overmatched. Then it got interesting. The bottom line: Flynn looked better. I think he probably won the #2 job.

Here are two things to consider:

1. Brohm played one series after Rodgers left, then they alternated between the two QB's. So Flynn pretty much got equal billing.

2. With the Packers down to two minutes and a chance to tie the game, Flynn played QB and led the Packers to a TD, although they missed the two-point conversion that would've tied it.

Brohm had a few good moments as well, and he came very close to throwing his first TD as a Packer, but the catch was overturned (correctly) by the officials. But mostly Brohm still looked kind of flustered to me and he made more bad decisions than Flynn did. (Holding onto the ball way too long on a sack when he was out of the pocket and could've thrown it away; some short throws in long yardage situations.)

Because of Flynn's performance, I think the Packers can get by without signing a veteran backup QB. And both of these guys should be improving with every week that goes by.
blank
Sponsor
Offline earthquake  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:36:01 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 217
Applause Received: 81

8 for 13, 77 yards and 2 TDs. If Flynn isn't the #2 QB come Monday night someone needs to be fired.

He even managed to make Allen upchuck from the sheer force of his awesomeness.
blank
Offline earthquake  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:38:48 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 217
Applause Received: 81

Ah damn you beat me to it by one minute. =) I'll just repost here.

8 for 13, 77 yards and 2 TDs. If Flynn isn't the #2 QB come Monday night someone needs to be fired.

blank
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:39:17 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

The last TD pass reminded me of someone that used to play a little QB in Green Bay here.. did everything wrong with is footwork on the play but still threw a dart... I am starting to like the kid more and more.. I only seen that drive [strike]how did both look (Brohm and Flynn) through the entire game?[/strike]

Thanks for the breakdown Greg.. merged this with the Flynn for President thread.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline minnypacker  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:47:17 PM(UTC)
minnypacker

It's not even close in my opinion. Flynn looked sooooo much better. Brohm has shown me absolutely nothing!
blank
Offline shield4life  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:51:01 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

How about this ... does anyone actually think of this way ... maybe Brohm doesn't even want to be here ...
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline minnypacker  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:54:57 PM(UTC)
minnypacker

KrazyG - that's really crazy!
blank
Offline PackerFan  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:03:39 AM(UTC)
PackerFan

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

You saw that too huh. I wondered if he threw up or was just spitting out his Gateraid. I can't believe Allen made that catch after the catch he didn't make in the endzone. One question, were both balls to high for him to catch when standing on his own two feet or does he just jump up to catch the balls to make himself look cool? That is really dangerous to do but if they were to high I am glad he did that to try and make a play.

I think Flinn did a great job and like another poster mentioned I think Brohm isn't the only one who doesn't want to be here. The way Swain played I would be shocked if he was trying to be a packer.
blank
Offline minnypacker  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:04:58 AM(UTC)
minnypacker

None of these guys are trying to get cut - that's just ludicrious
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:15:59 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Thanks for the update, Greg.
Wasn't watching the game. Just noticed that Aaron attempted one pass, and it ended up in Gregorious' hands. Good call. Not watching the game, I can only imagine what happened. I'm thinking it was a short pass and Gregorious let the entire D try to tackle him. He just kept walking, dragging all 11 defenders into the end zone until the referee threw up his arms and blew the whistle. made clowns of them all.

Anyways, back on topic, from what I've seen, glad we didn't get a Vet QB. If we did, Brohm would be #3, and Flynn would be gone. Considering Flynn's our 2nd best QB, that wouldn't be a good thing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline mxchamp004  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:18:28 AM(UTC)
mxchamp004

None of these guys are trying to get cut - that's just ludicrious

exactly :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline agopackgo4  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:23:19 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Without a doubt..Flynn looked so much better! But I'm still not wanting him as our second string. I would rather have a veteran.
Offline PackOne  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:40:51 AM(UTC)
PackOne

The last TD pass reminded me of someone that used to play a little QB in Green Bay here.. did everything wrong with is footwork on the play but still threw a dart... I am starting to like the kid more and more.. I only seen that drive [strike]how did both look (Brohm and Flynn) through the entire game?[/strike]

Thanks for the breakdown Greg
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:00:28 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

How about this ... does anyone actually think of this way ... maybe Brohm doesn't even want to be here ...

It's not out of the question. It might've been discouraging for him to get drafted by a team that already had a young QB moving into the starting role. Brohm had been "the man" throughout high school and college, and now he's just a bit player. So maybe it's been a little weird for him. But I still think he can shake it off and get his act together eventually.
blank
Offline RaiderPride  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:04:37 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 215

Well, neither QB had a chance to do much against Tennessee's #1 defense, but midway through the third quarter the Titans finally put in their reserves so that the Packer O-line was not overmatched. Then it got interesting. The bottom line: Flynn looked better. I think he probably won the #2 job.

Here are two things to consider:

1. Brohm played one series after Rodgers left, then they alternated between the two QB's. So Flynn pretty much got equal billing.

2. With the Packers down to two minutes and a chance to tie the game, Flynn played QB and led the Packers to a TD, although they missed the two-point conversion that would've tied it.

Brohm had a few good moments as well, and he came very close to throwing his first TD as a Packer, but the catch was overturned (correctly) by the officials. But mostly Brohm still looked kind of flustered to me and he made more bad decisions than Flynn did. (Holding onto the ball way too long on a sack when he was out of the pocket and could've thrown it away; some short throws in long yardage situations.)

Because of Flynn's performance, I think the Packers can get by without signing a veteran backup QB. And both of these guys should be improving with every week that goes by.

Another Good,and insightful post. A good read and food for thought.

Well done Greg.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Rss Feed