Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:54:07 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

WR Brett Swain caught a TD pass from Flynn on a little slant route, but he dropped two passes and made a fair catch on a punt when there was nobody within 15 yards of him. He will probably get cut and may not even make the practice squad. Quinn and Jake Allen (the guy who caught that TD at the end) both look better.

LB Spencer Havner made a great play on special teams and made a case for the Packers to keep 7 LBs. But then there's Tracy White, who is another really good special teamer. Could Ted somehow keep EIGHT linebackers? I doubt it. As for the top six, aside from the three starters, Bishop and Hodge were both awesome again, and I think they are both better than Chillar.

Mike Montgomery was very active on the DL, even against the Titans' #1 OL. I've been down on him, so it was great to see him making plays.

Jeremy Thompson, the rookie, got some rush off the edge. It was his best game yet. The pass rush was pretty good tonight overall.

Jarrett Bush got turned around in one-on-one coverage and committed a very Ahmad Carroll-like pass interference penalty. With some other players excelling on special teams, I'm not sure there's a place for him on the roster anymore.

Charlie Peprah did not play. I like him, but he may get cut because of his inability to get on the field in the preseason due to injury.

Kregg Lumpkin did not have much good blocking to work with, but he ran hard and he may make the roster.

The long snapper, J.J. Jansen, made two bad snaps and ended the game with ice on his knee. That was discouraging after he had looked good up till now.

TE Haynos had a nice catch and strong run, but will probably still be on the outside looking in when they make the roster cuts. He could be practice squad material.
blank
Sponsor
Offline zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:18:35 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Thanks Greg.

Bush is probably gone then. He's been disappointing me all preseason long.

We should really keep 7 LBs, but would be weird if it's Havner. He was a long shot to make the team.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Greg C.  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:26:40 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
We should really keep 7 LBs, but would be weird if it's Havner. He was a long shot to make the team.

The color commentator, Rich Gannon, said that Havner would make the team based on his performance tonight, and he almost had me convinced, but then I remembered Tracy White. We've just got too many good LB's right now. Maybe Thompson could trade one of them for a DT if some other team is overloaded at that position. But I feel a little better about our DT's after tonight's game. The middle was not as soft as it was during the first three games.
blank
Offline porky88  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:16:22 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

I think someone is going to offer a nice draft pick for Bishop or Hodge so I would anticipate a trade. I really think Bishop and Hodge can be starting caliber linebackers. I think they're better than any middle linebacker in Detroit. Ahead of Paris Lenon and Jordan Dizon in my opinion.

Havner played very well. I don't think Rich Gannon is right though. I don't think he's near a lock. Tracey White was one of the best if not the best special teams coverage player on this team a year ago. You don't overlook that for two rock solid plays by Havner and for the record, I was a big fan of Havner at UCLA so it's not like I'm being picky or anything.

It's a tough choice but one that's good to have.
Offline yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:38:28 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

I'm pulling for Lumpkin to make it.
Offline Mortfini  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:34:50 AM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

in my very drunk and tried state i think Lumpkin was Very good So was Mike Montgomery Also we seem to be Stock piling return men Pat lee looked really good on returns
UserPostedImage
Offline agopackgo4  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:45:20 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

The long snapper, J.J. Jansen, made two bad snaps and ended the game with ice on his knee. That was discouraging after he had looked good up till now.

According to what I heard with Jansen, he is not going to be going anywehre. Not because of his preformance anyway..They like him from what I hear. Anyone know why he had the ice?
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:36:15 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

I'm pulling for Lumpkin to make it.

Me too Yoop. The kid has shown he wants to play, and has guts! When he gets the ball, he drags people forward with him and doesn't go down without a fight. To me, thats the kind of guy you want in there on 3rd and one. He's gonna give you 100% trying to get that yard. And he has sone speed too when he gets in the open. To me, he's earned a spot.
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:57:22 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Also we seem to be Stock piling return men Pat lee looked really good on returns

Yeah, he had two awesome returns. He really showed his athleticism (or as Rich Gannon would say, "atha-leticism") on those plays. And on the first one he made a great escape (or as Rich Gannon would say, "excape") from those would-be tacklers and picked up an extra 15-20 yards. He still has a ways to go with his coverage, though.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:26:40 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Also we seem to be Stock piling return men Pat lee looked really good on returns

Yeah, he had two awesome returns. He really showed his athleticism (or as Rich Gannon would say, "atha-leticism") on those plays. And on the first one he made a great escape (or as Rich Gannon would say, "excape") from those would-be tacklers and picked up an extra 15-20 yards. He still has a ways to go with his coverage, though.

Gannon kind of talks like "Popeye!"
Oh.....how embaraskin!!! EKAGA EKAGA EKAGA!!! :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Offline Mortfini  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:26:52 AM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

im getting the view your not a Rich Gannon fan ?
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:31:34 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

im getting the view your not a Rich Gannon fan ?

I think Gannon is a pretty good analyst, but it bothers me when someone who is paid to talk can't pronounce words correctly.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 9:06:57 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

I like Gannon.
It really doesn't bother me that he doesn't "prununcicate" words that well.
I don't know where he's from, but it may have alot to do with the way people talk there. I know that people from Wisconsin have a strange accent. I didn't realize it till i worked on the road with a friend of mine back in 1986. People down south said I talked funny, and had a strange accent. When i started to really listen, they were right! Like i noticed alot of Wisconsinites (including me) don't pronounce "Milwaukee" right. Alot of them say MAwaukee. Not "MIL". It's just one of those funny local things.
So i cut Gannon (and others) some slack.
UserPostedImage
Offline minnypacker  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 9:51:11 AM(UTC)
minnypacker

Isn't Gannon MM's buddy? I thought he even helped coach in a couple of minicamps a couple years back.
blank
Offline minnypacker  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:01:18 AM(UTC)
minnypacker

The point I was trying to make is, maybe Gannon knows more about Havner than we think.
blank
Rss Feed