Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longtimefan  
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:09:49 PM(UTC)
I would ask these questions

Is this "source" a fan of Ted or Brett? Makes a BIG difference if you ask me

Gary Ellerson wssp radio guy on THE AIR provided detailed info of that convo between Mike and Brett..

And from his "source" it was no where near what your implying

so now we have 2 "sources" that are totally different and Gary's source is just as close as your source I bet ;)
Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:56:22 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is not accurate, this is speculation.

Tripp, sorry, I don't mean to knock you or your source, but this is not accurate.

To me Zero, this is uncalled for...

To know that what I posted was innacurate, one must know what IS accurate. There are some on this board that are informed and have sources close to particualr situations. Responses like this only encourage others NOT to share.

I did elaborate further in detail in another post soon after. You do not need to know the facts to know something is false.

Feel free to continue to attack that one post and ignore the context of the others I posted soon after explaining myself. I'm done with it. I have a few more things to take up my time then continuing to talk to about an issue that is dead and when my points are falling on a pair of deaf ears.

As I said before. I'm glad you shared your information, it is appreciated. I apologize for not showing better appreciation.
Trippster  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:11:35 AM(UTC)
deaf ears?

Simply because I choose to disagree? wow.

Enjoy the season. I am sure your "facts" will prevail.
PackOne  
#24 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:19:36 AM(UTC)
And people wonder.
longtimefan  
#25 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:26:06 AM(UTC)
And people wonder.

makes a good book title eh?

LOL
PackOne  
#26 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:39:32 AM(UTC)
And people wonder.

makes a good book title eh?

LOL

For sure.
RaiderPride  
#27 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:10:37 AM(UTC)
This thread is a good read. It is good because it actually made me realize I do not need to come back to this "Sticky" Brett Favre Thread.

By reading this good thread from Trip, it made me realize I just do not care any more about the Brett Favre saga,. I do not care. What ever happened.... Happened.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and the 2008/09 season is a gift. That is why a gift is called "The Present."

The Present... Right now is, Chico, Chuck, Gregorious, Grant, Jon "The Human Football Launching Pad." who is going to insure Incredible Field Possession This Year. (What a pre season he has ha punting.)

I do not give a crap, nor do I want to read about Brett any longer. He moved on. He is a Jet. I am not a Jet Fan.

The color Green is a richer shade of Green in Green Bay, then it is in New York. Packer Green is powerful, New York Jet's Green is sad.

Brett I wish well. Only because I want the highest draft pick for the trade. That is the freaking bottom line for me. A packer Fan.

I shall be rooting for the Jet's all season. I will be shouting out loud "Whoo Hoo."every time they win, and every time Brett throws a game winning T.D.

Not because I love Brett,,,,, But because I love the PACKERS, and know with all of the conviction in my heart that T.T. is going to turn that Draft Pick into a gem, a diamond, a play maker....

Life is good. GO PACKERS,
DGB454  
#28 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:04:20 AM(UTC)
This thread is a good read. It is good because it actually made me realize I do not need to come back to this "Sticky" Brett Favre Thread.

By reading this good thread from Trip, it made me realize I just do not care any more about the Brett Favre saga,. I do not care. What ever happened.... Happened.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and the 2008/09 season is a gift. That is why a gift is called "The Present."

The Present... Right now is, Chico, Chuck, Gregorious, Grant, Jon "The Human Football Launching Pad." who is going to insure Incredible Field Possession This Year. (What a pre season he has ha punting.)

I do not give a crap, nor do I want to read about Brett any longer. He moved on. He is a Jet. I am not a Jet Fan.

The color Green is a richer shade of Green in Green Bay, then it is in New York. Packer Green is powerful, New York Jet's Green is sad.

Brett I wish well. Only because I want the highest draft pick for the trade. That is the freaking bottom line for me. A packer Fan.

I shall be rooting for the Jet's all season. I will be shouting out loud "Whoo Hoo."every time they win, and every time Brett throws a game winning T.D.

Not because I love Brett,,,,, But because I love the PACKERS, and know with all of the conviction in my heart that T.T. is going to turn that Draft Pick into a gem, a diamond, a play maker....

Life is good. GO PACKERS,

Plus one for that post.
4PackGirl  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:52:36 AM(UTC)
And people wonder.

i was going to ask you to elaborate on your statement but then decided ahhhhhhh...fork it! i'm stayin out of this section for the remainder of the season...THAT is my vow - dammit!!!!!!!!!! :signbye:
Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 9:56:51 AM(UTC)
deaf ears?

Simply because I choose to disagree? wow.

Enjoy the season. I am sure your "facts" will prevail.

That is wonderful you disagree! It sparks debate, conversation and that is a good thing!

I had hoped by asking you to read my posts again that you would take them in as whole, not part them out into something you could pick apart. I've said quite repeatedly, my opinion. If I said something was fact, I was mistaken. I know some facts, but not many that weren't made open to the public.

My main objective is this. We do not know the facts, we do not know what happened and I can almost promise you that we never will. Unless there was video/audio recording of the said discussions, we'll never know. Therefore my objective is that no one puts a large amount of blame on one party more than the other due to not having enough information.
Heatherthepackgirl  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:25:33 AM(UTC)
Last night I was at the HarleyFest and started talking with someone who has intimate knowledge of the situation. I can't say who it is but anyone who listens or watches the packer games knows this person.

He knows (off the record) McCarthy, Favre, and Thompson very well.

When Favre retired in March, Thompson told him then that under no circumstances will he be accepted back. The whole we want you back and will bring you back that happened at the end of March wasn't accurate. Thompson has never waivered on not bringing him back. He wanted hm back up until the retirement announcement.

McCarthy has always wanted him back However he was under strict oders from his boss that under no cicumstances could he come back.

The meeting between Favre and McCarthy was to try and figure a way to bring him back. Finally, Thompson came into the room and said, that's it. no more talking, he is not coming back here. McCarthy was not allowed to come out of that meeting with Favre coming back.

I have always said, and from very personal experience in sports, that what you read and hear in the media is seldom what actually happens.

Thompson was simply tired of Favre waffling the last few years and once he was able to make a clean break, that is what he was going to do.

To me a source is better to believe then a newspaper or the media, this source knew all parties involved. Can I ask you one thing Tripp? Is this source friends with these MM, Ted Thompson and Brett? And how does he know them?

Just know through the media and interviews, MM, Ted Thompson or Brett are not going to give us total details of what went down there is so so much that we dont all know and we probably will not ever know. All I keep hearing is Brett saying "can he ever forgive and forget what was said" and him saying he doubts it, to me that would mean it had to be pretty bad on what was said about him and all the inaccuracies. I for one am that way as well, if someone said untruths about me I wouldnt be able to forgive or forget either.

As for some on here some people do still care on what happened in all of this. I do because I dont know the whole story. But when Tripp comes on here and knows someone that has talked to MM, Ted Thompson and Brett to me I would believe that person over the media anyday.
Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:27:23 AM(UTC)
But when Tripp comes on here and knows someone that has talked to MM, Ted Thompson and Brett to me I would believe that person over the media anyday.
Never believe the media. :)
longtimefan  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 11:01:55 AM(UTC)
But when Tripp comes on here and knows someone that has talked to MM, Ted Thompson and Brett to me I would believe that person over the media anyday.
Never believe the media. :)

Again my question is

Was this "source" a Ted Thompson , Mike McCarthy or Brett fan?

This "source" can skew things around or omitt certain things to have it favor one side or the other.

I know it happens because I have witnessed it personaly.
Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 11:08:34 AM(UTC)
We can't even have the dang sources identity!! lol ... that's a pet peeve of mine, but I understand and respect and often fall into that same category, so kind of a hypocritical pet peeve of sorts. lol
Pack93z  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 11:24:09 AM(UTC)
I guess I don't see the original post as blaming one side or another more so than not. Guess I am missing it.. all hold some blame in the process and the first post IMO doesn't assign it more to one side than another.

I love hearing opinions on how it shook out, but arguing over what is fact and what is not when none of us in the free world have any clue which statement is more correct is silly. It is just another viewpoint or information passed along that one can use in determining your own viewpoint.

We can't hear first hand what went on in the discussions, although some spoke of the topics publicly they are jaded remarks just the same. I don't see value in flat out telling someone that their source is full of it, if no one has the facts in black and white to prove it. And how does one prove something a fact without something of substance to prove it as fact. Hearsay is to be taken as such.. weighted upon by the person relevance to the situation or people involved and prior history of accuracy.

Sources that won't go on record are always subject to validity, in my experience one of two reason they won't go on record, A) they are full of DoDo in parts or all of their version.. or B) they have the good but it will get them in trouble in some manner if traced back to them.
Trippster  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:04:13 PM(UTC)
We can't even have the dang sources identity!! lol ... that's a pet peeve of mine, but I understand and respect and often fall into that same category, so kind of a hypocritical pet peeve of sorts. lol

On a possibly unrelated note, here is a pic I took a the the HarleyFest opening night deal. thought you might enjoy.

http://us3.pixagogo.com/S58pQoQ...est_(403_of_1).jpg]linky
Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:23:42 PM(UTC)
BIG UNIT!!!!
Uh....wait....maybe i wasn't supposed to say who he is........ :thumbright:
Nice Pic Trippmeister!!! :thumbleft:
Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:04:38 PM(UTC)

On a possibly unrelated note, here is a pic I took a the the HarleyFest opening night deal. thought you might enjoy.

http://us3.pixagogo.com/S58pQoQ...est_(403_of_1).jpg]linky

Schweeet mother I'm jealous of that Harley!! :) Awesome pic dude!!
longtimefan  
#39 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:06:54 PM(UTC)
I still am torn on the big units claim...

I know Gary Ellerson gave a total different view of the ACTUAL meeting..
Cheesey  
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:37:23 PM(UTC)
I still am torn on the big units claim...

I know Gary Ellerson gave a total different view of the ACTUAL meeting..

Yeah......it's hard to say. There have been so many different versions of what happened, i don't think we will EVER know for sure. In the end, it doesn't really matter, it's over and it's not gonna change.
Rss Feed