Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mxchamp004  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:18:28 AM(UTC)

" said: Go to Quoted Post
None of these guys are trying to get cut - that's just ludicrious

exactly :thumbleft:
Offline agopackgo4  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:23:19 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 3
Without a doubt..Flynn looked so much better! But I'm still not wanting him as our second string. I would rather have a veteran.
Offline PackOne  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:40:51 AM(UTC)

The last TD pass reminded me of someone that used to play a little QB in Green Bay here.. did everything wrong with is footwork on the play but still threw a dart... I am starting to like the kid more and more.. I only seen that drive [strike]how did both look (Brohm and Flynn) through the entire game?[/strike]

Thanks for the breakdown Greg
Offline Greg C.  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:00:28 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
How about this ... does anyone actually think of this way ... maybe Brohm doesn't even want to be here ...

It's not out of the question. It might've been discouraging for him to get drafted by a team that already had a young QB moving into the starting role. Brohm had been "the man" throughout high school and college, and now he's just a bit player. So maybe it's been a little weird for him. But I still think he can shake it off and get his act together eventually.
Offline RaiderPride  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:04:37 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 234
Applause Received: 300
Well, neither QB had a chance to do much against Tennessee's #1 defense, but midway through the third quarter the Titans finally put in their reserves so that the Packer O-line was not overmatched. Then it got interesting. The bottom line: Flynn looked better. I think he probably won the #2 job.

Here are two things to consider:

1. Brohm played one series after Rodgers left, then they alternated between the two QB's. So Flynn pretty much got equal billing.

2. With the Packers down to two minutes and a chance to tie the game, Flynn played QB and led the Packers to a TD, although they missed the two-point conversion that would've tied it.

Brohm had a few good moments as well, and he came very close to throwing his first TD as a Packer, but the catch was overturned (correctly) by the officials. But mostly Brohm still looked kind of flustered to me and he made more bad decisions than Flynn did. (Holding onto the ball way too long on a sack when he was out of the pocket and could've thrown it away; some short throws in long yardage situations.)

Because of Flynn's performance, I think the Packers can get by without signing a veteran backup QB. And both of these guys should be improving with every week that goes by.

Another Good,and insightful post. A good read and food for thought.

Well done Greg.
Offline porky88  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:11:23 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 494
Flynn is the better QB right now. Brohm is way to indecisive when making the decisions. He holds onto the ball way too long and he really doesn't look comfortable.

Flynn looks more relaxed. He's by no means perfect. I certainly don't like the prospect of having a 7th round pick be the #2 QB at all but out of the two, Flynn has proven to be the better QB. I like the fact he's willing to run and he seems more aware of what is going on.
Offline agopackgo4  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:28:53 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 3
Flynn is the better QB right now. Brohm is way to indecisive when making the decisions. He holds onto the ball way too long and he really doesn't look comfortable.

Flynn looks more relaxed. He's by no means perfect. I certainly don't like the prospect of having a 7th round pick be the #2 QB at all but out of the two, Flynn has proven to be the better QB. I like the fact he's willing to run and he seems more aware of what is going on.

I agree 100% He looks more relaxed out there. But is he ready to lead this team if A-Rod goes down?.....Well I am not too anxious to see what happens..
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:27:35 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 553
Applause Received: 706
Ah damn you beat me to it by one minute. =) I'll just repost here.

8 for 13, 77 yards and 2 TDs. If Flynn isn't the #2 QB come Monday night someone needs to be fired.

He even managed to make Allen upchuck from the sheer force of his awesomeness.

I know.......and they got it on FILM! I was glad i wasn't eatting at the time. :pukeright:
Offline Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:29:34 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 553
Applause Received: 706
Thanks for the update, Greg.
Wasn't watching the game. Just noticed that Aaron attempted one pass, and it ended up in Gregorious' hands. Good call. Not watching the game, I can only imagine what happened. I'm thinking it was a short pass and Gregorious let the entire D try to tackle him. He just kept walking, dragging all 11 defenders into the end zone until the referee threw up his arms and blew the whistle. made clowns of them all.Considering Flynn's our 2nd best QB, that wouldn't be a good thing.

Anyways, back on topic, from what I've seen, glad we didn't get a Vet QB. If we did, Brohm would be #3, and Flynn would be gone.
Quote:

(I can't get the quote to work.....don't know why...anyway, my comments start below)
Thats +1 for you Zombie!!! LOLOL!!!

Wouldn't they keep Flynn if that were the case? I mean, Flynn has done better so far, so would he be #3, and Brohm would be gone?
Offline Greg C.  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:26:51 AM(UTC)

Applause Received: 48
Wouldn't they keep Flynn if that were the case? I mean, Flynn has done better so far, so would he be #3, and Brohm would be gone?

That would be tricky. You never cut a second round pick at the end of training camp--you just don't--so if they got rid of Brohm it would be through a trade. And they would get very poor value for him if they traded him now. Brohm has a lot of potential, and I would be surprised if they gave up on him so quickly. Sometimes these cerebral-type QBs get off to slow starts in the NFL because they are overthinking.
Rss Feed