Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline IronMan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:12:44 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

Biggest cluster-fuck EVER.

Headed to Green Bay last Friday:

"We will start boarding as soon as we can find the pilot. Thank you for your patience."

Then 6 hours, and 7 gate changes later(I am not joking), I finally get to Green Bay.

Return flight yesterday:

They de-ice the plane, we taxi out to the runway, then all of a sudden we turn around and taxi back to the jet bridge.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the de-icing process was not done correctly, and we will need to repeat the process. Thank you for your patience."

So, they de-ice again, and we sit there, and wait, and wait, and wait some more.

"Ladies and gentlemen, just a little update; the de-icing truck ran out of de-icing fluid, and we will need to repeat the process. We will take off as soon as it is completed. Thank you for your blah blah blah."

So I get to Chicago and of course I missed my connecting flight to Springfield, and had to stay the night at a hotel, AT MY EXPENSE.

Still stuck in Chicago. I hope to make it home today, but United may have other plans.

Please do not EVER use United Airlines. EVER

NEVER.
Sponsor
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:01:15 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Call and complain to the highest person you can get to
Offline DGB454  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:23:34 AM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

They should owe you some free miles or something.
Offline IronMan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:28:38 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
They should owe you some free miles or something.

I would rather be kicked in the nuts repeatedly, than board another United flight.
Offline gotarace  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:38:12 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 15

I fly a lot for my business. I avoid united like the plauge. They have delayed, rerouted and cancelled more flights than every other airlines i have flown combined. On a flight to cancun with my wife they overbooked the flight by 45 seats and the place turned into a caged wrestling match. People were crying, screaming and pushing to get to the service counter. I look at the wife and ask to see our boarding passes, They have assigned seat numbers so i just smile and watch the action. They come out with a bull horn and 5 airport police trying to calm the crowd. It was a sight i never forgot and the deciding factor in never flying united again.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline dfosterf  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:38:43 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 366

I hear you Dave, but hear me out, at least the whole de-icing thing. I was at the Pentagon when the Air Florida crash happened. I walked over to the 14th street bridge. It was during a big snowstorm in D.C. I didn't see the crash, but I did see the guy go in and rescue someone, all the people in the water/ice, I saw the stew getting airlifted by the helicopter, I saw the guy drown, and I saw the plane ultimately sink. Also, you need to know I am "from" there, as I mostly grew up in Northern Va. after Wisconsin. As fate would have it, my good friend's (still) sister and her daughter were on that plane. I actually dated her in high school a couple of times. The snow was that "wet" snow, and I think the pilots made the decision to take-off because the temp was just below freezing, etc. They actually discussed going back to the gate for a second de-icing, but because of the snowstorm, were already heavily delayed and National was "backed-up" , so they tried to take off anyway.

Now, I'm not saying that you didn't get the royal shaft from United, but I personally witnessed and personally felt an alternative outcome. Her name (maiden) was Kathy Koger-Trice, (I didn't know her daughters name). I have seen a lot in my lifetime, but that one really sticks to me.

I thought you might want to know about this, as it might make you just a little less pissed at the Airline.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline longtimefan  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:56:50 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

I think the de-cing and going back might have been annoying and maybe just breaking the camels back, but at LEAST they were trying to be very safe

its the fact they made him pay for hotel when it wasnt even his fault
Offline dfosterf  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:15:19 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I think the de-cing and going back might have been annoying and maybe just breaking the camels back, but at LEAST they were trying to be very safe

its the fact they made him pay for hotel when it wasnt even his fault

Oh, I understand, and I don't mean to discount the extreme aggravation in any way. I would be pissed, too. At the same time, after reading Dave's post, there is NO WAY I could not share that experience.

I also feel compelled to share this part. Kathy lived in (I think) Daytona Beach. She was in the process of a divorce, and if memory serves me, the reason she was in D.C. was to sign the final divorce decree. Because of that crash, there was no divorce. The prick "husband" got the settlement money from the airline for his "wife" and daughter. I didn't know the guy, as I was gone in the military, but all my friends from D.C. did, and the absolute consensus was that he was a good looking "player", that was cheating on her even before they were married.

Just sharing this still eats at me...that guy would not want to ever meet me, I promise you that.

Sorry-- a complete diversion of this thread, resume the bitching, lol, I hate United also.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:56:29 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Well.....even though it was a hassle, better to de-ice then take a chance. The same thing happened when we had to fly to a friend's funeral in Montana in 2003. I don't honestly remember what airline it was.
But we de-iced, the de-icer truck ran out, and we had to wait for another. Then we taxied, the co-pilot came back and looked at the wings, and we went back and hed to de-ice again.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:03:07 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Flown many a airline in my days.. pre and post 9/11.. they all have there crap days.. out of all of them.. Northwest was the most reliable of the group in my experiences.. but flying out of CWA most flights went through MSP and that is there home hub.. Detroit was usually a decent exchange as well.. Midwest was always pretty decent as well.

Flew out of Boston twice in 02'.. talk about a hassle.. understandable to a point but boardline crazy.

If I had to route through Chi-Town.. I expected the worst each and every flight...
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:09:40 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

You know....i think Nortwest was the airline in my story. And there's even MORE to it.
We got on the plane, sat for about 20 minutes, the captain came on and told us "The instrament that shows us how close we are to the mountains isn't working, so we have to have a tech look at it." So the guy comes on, messes around with it for a half hour and leaves.
The captain comes back on "He can't fix it, so we have to leave this plane and get on the one at the next gate." So we all get up, grab our carry-ons, and start out the door...........captain comes back on "Ive just been informed that plane is too small, so the tech is going to take the part off the smaller plane and use it to fix ours."
Took another 40 minutes.
THEN the whole "de-icing" mess started.
UserPostedImage
Offline go.pack.go.  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:26:04 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Received: 44

Wow, I've never flown in my life...but all these stories make me not want to.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:56:13 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Wow, I've never flown in my life...but all these stories make me not want to.

LOL!
I have flown 4 or 5 times in my life.
The flight i just told about was my wife's first. She was afraid to fly, and i kept telling her how easy it is........then THAT happens. Then, we hit turbulence like you wouldn't BELIEVE! We had businessmen on that flight, and they all said they never had such a bad flight. Then when we landed in Minneapolis for our connecting flight, we fell out of the sky when we landed. It was "BOOM!" and we hit the runway.
My wife just about KILLED me!!!!!!!!
The flight home was perfect though. Not ONE problem, and we actually arrived 40 minutes early.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:25:40 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I am one of those people who can truthfully say my takeoffs exceed my landings. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:03:41 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Nonstop just called himself a dope on a rope.
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed