Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rockmolder  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:58:27 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Well, actually it's 23:57 here right now, but it'll be 2009 in 3 minutes!

Just got home and will be leaving soon again, so, Happy New Year from The Netherlands!
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:02:20 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Detlev! And a tad bit early to everyone on this side of the planet.

Especially my good buddy, the one and only "cheesey" !!!
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline shield4life  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:37:15 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Happy new year :D still got more time in my hands. Tell me how 2009 is and if packers win the SB since your advance if it's not a good year overall let me know I won't jump across. Lol just kidding Happy new years to you and to everyone on PH, had a blast with all of you. 2009 Here we come.

365 Days for 2010 :)
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline 68md  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 12:54:15 AM(UTC)
68md

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2009

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 11

Happy New Year to each of you. May you and yours enjoy good health and prosperity in 2009 !
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 2:37:08 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I'm hoping 2009 brings end to all my troubles.
Of course the ONLY way that will happen is if i get to take a "dirt nap".
UserPostedImage
Offline Packerchick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 2:39:59 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 596
Applause Received: 26

yes, happy new year.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 3:01:12 AM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

Happy New Year to all my friends on this forum!!! May all of you have a happy and healthy New Year!! Cheers..
Heathiee
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 4:10:05 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Good luck to that......lol
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 2:38:45 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Good luck to that......lol

Ok i usually don't go public with my problems but for you cheesey i'll do it.

I moved to Pa with whatever i could fit in my car and of course my dog. I moved in with some people i knew from the net and it wasnt good. I had $400 in my pocket a new place and the people i lived with were very messy people. I remember calling my grandmother many times crying and saying i know i made a mistake. I did get a little glimmer of enjoyment when there was a woman i wanted to date for like 2 years and we finally did date. But that ended real fast without any explanation or even done in person or on the phone i got an email about it and haven't heard from her since. That was 2 years ago and to this day i will not date anyone for the fear of getting my heart torn out again. The job market out here sucks bigtime and right now i'm finding any little part time job i can find. Sure i got a computer degree and working on my second degree but the money is so tight and at times i feel like its not worth fighting for anymore, but then i hear my grandmothers voice saying remember the little things that make you happy. I start to think about the good times i had with that woman and how i got a college degree( i dropped out of high school when i was a sophmore) and of course it helps to have a lovable Lab that when he sees you crying he will come up to cuddle with you and you can't help but to laugh. And of course all the people on this site helps me remember the good times of when i was back home in Oconto and going to the Packer games. So i guess after opening up just remember to look and the things that make you smile and hold on to those.

Heres one of my all time favorite quotes by a great guy ( i remember crying like a baby when i watched it)

heres a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXlkqkFH6s[youtube]ePXlkqkFH6s[/youtube]

I think everyone should watch this whenever you get down, it will give you a new look at things.

Ps listen you will hear a vince lombardi praise in there. Also Happy new year to everyone, and thank you to all the fellow posters on here for making me laugh and getting me angry lol .
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 4:25:38 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for this, Dave.

Quote:
To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Quote:
"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 10:23:29 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Hazer......thank you for sharing.
99.9% of the time i can let stuff not get to me. What happened, i can't get into. I wish i could, so you and others would understand, but some things have to remain in me.
It's better today.......i made it through.
It was just a real bad night.
But like they say.........what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. And it was close, for sure!
I REALLY appreciate all you have said. And my heart goes out to you for what you have had to go through. I have a strong belief/faith in God, and believe things happen for a reason. I don't know WHY you are having to go through what you are, but there HAS to be a purpose for it.
What i went through, right now i sure don't see anything good or a good reason, but there has to be one.
THANK YOU AGAIN my friend!
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 11:55:55 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for this, Dave.

Quote:
To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Quote:
"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all.

jimmy v & my dad had alot in common. my dad was not a famous coach, didn't win any awards, & doesn't have a foundation named after him though. he was just a simple farmer who had the very same beliefs that jimmy talked about in his speech. believe it or not, this didn't make me cry but reminded me of my resolve to live my life to the fullest, cherish the moments, learn something every day, & be a positive force in the lives of my boys - just like my dad.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 3:02:53 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

Cheesey my Grandmother always tells me the problems i have are stepping stones to help me get across the river. As you can tell i listen to my grandmother alot.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 7:27:51 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Cheesey my Grandmother always tells me the problems i have are stepping stones to help me get across the river. As you can tell i listen to my grandmother alot.

She's a VERY smart woman!
Hold onto her........give her a hug from me, ok?
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 8:16:27 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Happy New Year my green and gold friends.

Another bit of wisdom I was given this past Holiday season that pulled me through the fight of my life: "There are no such things as problems. Only challenges. And challenges are just character building opportunities."

Another: "Never compare yourself to any other person, it's not fair. You always compare your worst with someone elses best."

I know what I went through is nothing compared to what the rest of the world goes through. But those definitely helped me. More like rocked me.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rss Feed