Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
minnypacker  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:28:56 PM(UTC)
Who are our tradeable assts as cuts etc. take place in the next 24 hrs?

Bishop or Hodge?
Tracy White?
Colledge?
Morency?
Brohm?
KGB?
TheEngineer  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:40:42 PM(UTC)
No way Brohm gets traded. It's ridiculous to think TT, of all GMs would be willing to give up on a 2nd rounder after 1 preseason.

I honestly don't know if any of our players may be worth trading for. Maybe one of the LBs, I don't know.
gotarace  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:46:10 PM(UTC)
I hope any trade includes bush as a free token. We are talent deep on defense. Maybe we can swap a lb for a good o lineman.
Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 12:56:31 PM(UTC)
Ruvell Martin tops the list in my book.. for most teams he would be a solid #3 or #4.. James Jones would draw a ton of interest as well.. but I don't think we would part with a player coming into his second year with the potential that he has. It would take a heck of a deal for us to move him IMO.

Bishop probably has more value than Hodge based on the injury factor... but IMO he is too good to let go without a lot of value coming back to the Packers.

If I am the Packers staff.. I seriously look at Bishop, Hawk and Barnett in some configuration as the starters of this team. Bishop is a thumper that could really sew up the middle of our defense at the Point of Attack.. Barnett and Hawk could play the wings.. the issue there is Barnett's affection to the middle backer spot.
Packers_Finland  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:05:06 PM(UTC)
Please, don't get rid of Hodge. He's my favorite defensive non-starter. Plus he's played a great pre-season.
shanks2122  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
ill be really upset if they get rid of martin but i could see them tradeing KGB
Since69  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:32:20 PM(UTC)
What about Chillar? I really like his ability to play MLB and OLB, but last night Bishop showed he could do that, too.

Agreed that Ruvell Martin is tradeable, but Rodgers seems to like him. And there's no way I'd trade James Jones unless someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

KGB is another interesting possibility, but I wouldn't, seeing how we haven't shown that we can generate pressure without him.
zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:44:45 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Ruvell Martin tops the list in my book.. for most teams he would be a solid #3 or #4.. James Jones would draw a ton of interest as well.. but I don't think we would part with a player coming into his second year with the potential that he has. It would take a heck of a deal for us to move him IMO.

Bishop probably has more value than Hodge based on the injury factor... but IMO he is too good to let go without a lot of value coming back to the Packers.

If I am the Packers staff.. I seriously look at Bishop, Hawk and Barnett in some configuration as the starters of this team. Bishop is a thumper that could really sew up the middle of our defense at the Point of Attack.. Barnett and Hawk could play the wings.. the issue there is Barnett's affection to the middle backer spot.


Rodgers would be pissed if we traded R Martin.

Bishop, Hawk, and Barnett, hmm....
I'll have to think about that one. You are right though that Barnett loves the middle spot too much. And he's dang good at it, so I think he stays there.
zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:46:35 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Who are our tradeable assts as cuts etc. take place in the next 24 hrs?

Bishop or Hodge?
Tracy White?
Colledge?
Morency?
Brohm?
KGB?


KGB would get us good value. Not too many teams have part-time players who get 9.5 sacks. With the top tier teams all having sick passing attacks (with the exception of the Giants), a pass rushing specialist would be good for getting past the hump.

Actually, now that I think more about that, forget it. Let's keep KGB one more year.
Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:53:55 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Rodgers would be pissed if we traded R Martin.


If the offseason was any lesson here in Green Bay.. players don't run this team.. if moving Martin is a good business decision, then you pull the trigger on the deal regardless of Rodgers personal feelings about it. IMO.

" said: Go to Quoted Post

Bishop, Hawk, and Barnett, hmm....
I'll have to think about that one. You are right though that Barnett loves the middle spot too much. And he's dang good at it, so I think he stays there.


Barnett is a heck of a middle backer.. but he also gets swallowed up in the blocking at times as well.. with his speed and agility he would be a prototypical outside backer.. no doubt he has a world of talent. IMO, Bishop or even Hodge would provide more stoutness to the center of the defense.. Bishop and especially Hodge don't have the same type of range to play the outside as say Barnett..

Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.
TheEngineer  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:56:01 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Rodgers would be pissed if we traded R Martin.


If the offseason was any lesson here in Green Bay.. players don't run this team.. if moving Martin is a good business decision, then you pull the trigger on the deal regardless of Rodgers personal feelings about it. IMO.

" said: Go to Quoted Post

Bishop, Hawk, and Barnett, hmm....
I'll have to think about that one. You are right though that Barnett loves the middle spot too much. And he's dang good at it, so I think he stays there.


Barnett is a heck of a middle backer.. but he also gets shallowed up in the blocking at times as well.. with his speed and agility he would be a prototypical outside backer.. no doubt he has a world of talent. IMO, Bishop or even Hodge would provide more stoutness to the center of the defense.. Bishop and especially Hodge don't have the same type of range to play the outside as say Barnett..

Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.


If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.
zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:53:25 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.


This is a pretty good argument - getting our 3 best LB'ers on the field at the same time.
all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:44:06 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....
zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:47:56 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....


If we keep 7 LBs, you can bet your Greg Jennings underoos that we'll incorporate a 3-4 package.
Bigbyfan  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:48:04 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....


We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4
all_about_da_packers  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:49:01 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Who are our tradeable assts as cuts etc. take place in the next 24 hrs?

Bishop or Hodge?
Tracy White?
Colledge?
Morency?
Brohm?
KGB?



Bishop and (as Pack93z said) Ruvell. Those are the only two players that might fetch something decent in return based on what they've shown and their physical tools. I'd rather keep Ruvell as insurance, and the fact that he's our QBs 'guy'. I'm a Hodge fan, but Bishop has displayed talent and I wouldn't mind keeping him either.

I don't doubt for a second that Colledge / Brohm would get picked up if released, but I can't see them bringing back anything decent if traded. Colledge is our starter, but highly inconsistent, and I'd be hesitant to give up even an early day 2 pick after Brohm's performances this pre-season.


I can't see anyone offering a fair deal for a 30 something pass-rush specialist that has healed very slowly from off-season surgery.
all_about_da_packers  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.
Bigbyfan  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 4:57:29 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.


What about Kampman? He is too good to not have on the field.
Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:01:03 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.


What about Kampman? He is too good to not have on the field.


I think the reference was to playing in the middle.. NT.. Jenkins would make another fine end in a 3-4.. Williams will excel at end for the Browns this season in that 3-4.
minnypacker  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:11:37 PM(UTC)
Jenkins, Kampman, and Monty are all suited for the 3-4 ends
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20m) : Levity. We stinks!
uffda udfa (7h) : Some levity (1 NSFW word) https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/922208193819955200
Zero2Cool (11h) : @PGPackersNews Nelson, Adams and Cobb combined for five receptions. That's a formula for losing.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Do you see them not getting separation?
Cheesey (14h) : I'd like to see our WRs get some separation.
Zero2Cool (14h) : McCarthy protecting Hundley: "Our passing game, we can sit here and pick it apart all we want, but let's just blame it on head coach today."
Zero2Cool (15h) : Brett Hundley: "All I can say is don't write us off."
Zero2Cool (15h) : yinzer is als o 8 - 1 ...nice start dudes
Zero2Cool (15h) : dhazer is 8 - 1 this week so far in pick'em ...dayum
Zero2Cool (18h) : @Michael_Cohen13 Kevin King has been standing on the sideline for a few plays now. #Packers have been rolling with House and Hawkins. Not su
Zero2Cool (19h) : Justin McCray will start at LG today. What a ride for him the last two years. Arena Football League, free agent/unemployed, #Packers starter
yooperfan (19h) : Here we go gang!!!!
Zero2Cool (19h) : WR willie snead OUT
musccy (19h) : no worries...appreciate the pointers to find it.
Zero2Cool (19h) : i couldn't find another alternative so ... no more feed here
Zero2Cool (19h) : ya justin.tv flipped their vision on streaming
musccy (19h) : just did, thanks zero. Used to use Justin...not sure they work anymore
Zero2Cool (19h) : sure is gusty winds here i can hear the wind blowing an rain falling
Zero2Cool (20h) : check the top thread in packers forum section
musccy (20h) : Thanks zero!
Zero2Cool (20h) : http://goatdee.net/ <-- usually has good links
Zero2Cool (20h) : muscy, nerdmann usually has al ink in chat
Zero2Cool (20h) : and the tarp is back on the field
musccy (20h) : dumb question...ways to watch game online? Don't want to wait for game pass tonight
uffda udfa (20h) : Bakh and Bulaga active. Linsley, too. Lane Taylor, Out.
buckeyepackfan (20h) : Looks pretty clear after that
buckeyepackfan (20h) : Radar showing another band of showers probably within the hour.
Zero2Cool (21h) : and now its not raining at all
Zero2Cool (21h) : Right now it's just rain. Not light, not pouring.
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Light showers? Or heavy downpour?
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's raining in Green Bay.
uffda udfa (22-Oct) : @RapSheet just said on NFL Morning the org does NOT expect 12 to return due to significant break.
uffda udfa (22-Oct) : Schefter reporting doctors believe 12 can resume throwing in 6 weeks.
uffda udfa (22-Oct) : Since 2008, Packers 3-7-1 without Aaron Rodgers
buckeyepackfan (22-Oct) : The Brett Hundley era starts today! May it be a short successful run!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

21-Oct / Around The NFL / Dulak

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

Headlines