Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline djcubez  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:10:52 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Reminds me of when Louis CK was on Conan. Youtube took it down (bastards) and I can't find it anywhere, but it went along the lines "everything's amazing, and nobody's happy". He goes on to talk about how everyone talks about how the worst day of their life was when they had to fly. Then he says that people should just be in wonder because they're in a chair in the sky and a hundred years ago traveling so far in such little time was impossible. It really is quite funny when he says it though, I encourage you to try and find the video somewhere if you can.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 2:38:50 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

I'd like to be in a plane crash.........just as you are to hit the ground, i'd jump up to see if it mattered.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 5:46:38 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Biggest cluster-f*ck EVER.

Headed to Green Bay last Friday:

"We will start boarding as soon as we can find the pilot. Thank you for your patience."

Then 6 hours, and 7 gate changes later(I am not joking), I finally get to Green Bay.

Return flight yesterday:

They de-ice the plane, we taxi out to the runway, then all of a sudden we turn around and taxi back to the jet bridge.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the de-icing process was not done correctly, and we will need to repeat the process. Thank you for your patience."

So, they de-ice again, and we sit there, and wait, and wait, and wait some more.

"Ladies and gentlemen, just a little update; the de-icing truck ran out of de-icing fluid, and we will need to repeat the process. We will take off as soon as it is completed. Thank you for your blah blah blah."

So I get to Chicago and of course I missed my connecting flight to Springfield, and had to stay the night at a hotel, AT MY EXPENSE.

Still stuck in Chicago. I hope to make it home today, but United may have other plans.

Please do not EVER use United Airlines. EVER

NEVER.

I wouldn't know. I've only flown once since the TSA have turned into jackbooted thugs. I personally hope the entire industry goes out of business.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Packers_Finland  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 9:15:08 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Finnair for the win. I've been on their planes multiple times (maybe 10, I'm not sure). My flight hasn't even ever been delayed. No turbulence ever. I guess luck has to do with it too, but still. Finnair is an airline you can trust. If you ever have to option to use them (maybe if you have to take a connecting flight in Europe) you should do it. I will 90% guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

Sorry if that sounded like I was trying to sell you tickets, lol.
This is a placeholder
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 9:32:41 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Finnair for the win. I've been on their planes multiple times (maybe 10, I'm not sure). My flight hasn't even ever been delayed. No turbulence ever. I guess luck has to do with it too, but still. Finnair is an airline you can trust. If you ever have to option to use them (maybe if you have to take a connecting flight in Europe) you should do it. I will 90% guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

Sorry if that sounded like I was trying to sell you tickets, lol.

Hmm...

Makes it even more tempting to see Nightwish and/or HIM in their native country. ;)
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline TheEngineer  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 10:20:25 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

I'd like to be in a plane crash.........just as you are to hit the ground, i'd jump up to see if it mattered.

Unfortunately at the velocity an aircraft is travelling as it hits the ground, which is probably in the order of 100-500 knots, the relative velocity decrease that you can exert by jumping up into the air is insufficient to reduce the net velocity of you careening towards the ground, using the ground as the reference frame.

In order words, it's like stepping off the back of a TGV train. Sure, you're going slightly slower than the train's velocity by walking against the direction of motion, but when you hit the ground you're still going to roll the distance of a football field in the direction the train is going.

Anyway, although it's not applicable for US domestic flights, fly Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines when you can. Best airlines I've ever been on.
blank
Offline HoustonMatt  
#22 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 11:13:00 PM(UTC)
HoustonMatt

Reminds me of when Louis CK was on Conan. Youtube took it down (bastards) and I can't find it anywhere, but it went along the lines "everything's amazing, and nobody's happy". He goes on to talk about how everyone talks about how the worst day of their life was when they had to fly. Then he says that people should just be in wonder because they're in a chair in the sky and a hundred years ago traveling so far in such little time was impossible. It really is quite funny when he says it though, I encourage you to try and find the video somewhere if you can.

If I'm understanding Louis CK's perspective properly, I'm in agreement with him. IronMan's account is a bit much, but typically it's people bitching about their flight being delayed a couple hours or something. I actually think air travel is remarkably efficient and I'm amazed at how few delays they have. They schedule flights weeks, if not months, in advance and I'd guess 90% of them take off with little to no delay. And the ones that are delayed are typically due to weather, which is beyond their control. When you consider the number of flights going in and out of a given airport on a daily basis, it's truly remarkable.
blank
Offline vikesrule  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 11:21:59 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Unfortunately at the velocity an aircraft is travelling as it hits the ground, which is probably in the order of 100-500 knots, the relative velocity decrease that you can exert by jumping up into the air is insufficient to reduce the net velocity of you careening towards the ground, using the ground as the reference frame.

In order words, it's like stepping off the back of a TGV train. Sure, you're going slightly slower than the train's velocity by walking against the direction of motion, but when you hit the ground you're still going to roll the distance of a football field in the direction the train is going.

Might make an Engineer out of you yet! :thumbleft:

I'm guessing that the Humane Society has had you arrested because you actually performed the Schroedingers Cat Experiment. ::razz:
Offline TheEngineer  
#24 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 11:28:15 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

I'm guessing that the Humane Society has had you arrested because you actually performed the Schroedingers Cat Experiment. ::razz:

I got off on reasonable doubt. :D
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 3:33:17 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

Anyway, although it's not applicable for US domestic flights, fly Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines when you can. Best airlines I've ever been on.

LOL! Like my statement was serious!!!LOLOLOL!!!
I actually think Bill Cosby said that joke YEARS ago.
He said something to the effect of how ironic it would be to die while reading "LIFE" magazine. LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 4:02:05 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 392

I'm guessing that the Humane Society has had you arrested because you actually performed the Vikesrule/Engineer Cat Experiment. ::razz:

[youtube]mHXBL6bzAR4[/youtube][/youtube]
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#27 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 4:29:46 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I have been traveling for work for 10 years. Been on more flights than I can count in and out of WI. Currently count just over 1,000,000 frequent flier miles on Northwest. Over that time, I have gone through 1 situation like this, and it was just a month or so ago. De-icing, waiting for the weather to clear for take off, de-icing again. Three hours later, they cancel the flight. Lucky for me I was only 3 1/2 hours from home, so I didn't need to wait the 12 hours for the next flight, I just rented a car and drove.

While these situations do happen, they don't happen often. For me once in well over 1000 flights. And since I live in WI, weather is always an obstacle but mostly the airlines get through pretty well.

My first suggestion, is to avoid anything going through Chicago. Is a rule I try to live by.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed