Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheEngineer  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:56:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Rodgers would be pissed if we traded R Martin.


If the offseason was any lesson here in Green Bay.. players don't run this team.. if moving Martin is a good business decision, then you pull the trigger on the deal regardless of Rodgers personal feelings about it. IMO.

" said: Go to Quoted Post

Bishop, Hawk, and Barnett, hmm....
I'll have to think about that one. You are right though that Barnett loves the middle spot too much. And he's dang good at it, so I think he stays there.


Barnett is a heck of a middle backer.. but he also gets shallowed up in the blocking at times as well.. with his speed and agility he would be a prototypical outside backer.. no doubt he has a world of talent. IMO, Bishop or even Hodge would provide more stoutness to the center of the defense.. Bishop and especially Hodge don't have the same type of range to play the outside as say Barnett..

Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.


If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:53:25 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.


This is a pretty good argument - getting our 3 best LB'ers on the field at the same time.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:44:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:47:56 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....


If we keep 7 LBs, you can bet your Greg Jennings underoos that we'll incorporate a 3-4 package.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:48:04 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 184
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....


We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:49:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Who are our tradeable assts as cuts etc. take place in the next 24 hrs?

Bishop or Hodge?
Tracy White?
Colledge?
Morency?
Brohm?
KGB?



Bishop and (as Pack93z said) Ruvell. Those are the only two players that might fetch something decent in return based on what they've shown and their physical tools. I'd rather keep Ruvell as insurance, and the fact that he's our QBs 'guy'. I'm a Hodge fan, but Bishop has displayed talent and I wouldn't mind keeping him either.

I don't doubt for a second that Colledge / Brohm would get picked up if released, but I can't see them bringing back anything decent if traded. Colledge is our starter, but highly inconsistent, and I'd be hesitant to give up even an early day 2 pick after Brohm's performances this pre-season.


I can't see anyone offering a fair deal for a 30 something pass-rush specialist that has healed very slowly from off-season surgery.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 4:57:29 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 184
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.


What about Kampman? He is too good to not have on the field.
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:01:03 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 410
Applause Received: 1,134
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.


What about Kampman? He is too good to not have on the field.


I think the reference was to playing in the middle.. NT.. Jenkins would make another fine end in a 3-4.. Williams will excel at end for the Browns this season in that 3-4.
Offline minnypacker  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:11:37 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Jenkins, Kampman, and Monty are all suited for the 3-4 ends
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
uffda udfa: Hey Kevin...can you change my moniker to: Unfrozen Caveman Poster? No more uffda udfa. Possible?
Zero2Cool: Today's Birthdays: Smokey (59)
Porforis: Because clearly having bi-weekly distractions in the form of antics and crimes wouldn't hurt the team
yooperfan: together. He is a waste of oxygen
yooperfan: Manziel is a very disturbed young man who is looking down the barrel of a prison sentence not too far down the road unless he gets his act t
TheKanataThrilla: He's better than what we currently have backing up AR.
Smokey: A backup what, bartender ?
TheKanataThrilla: Looks like Manziel is getting cut. I'd be interested in him as a back-up.
Zero2Cool: Dunno.
Smokey: WILL WE HAVE A SB "CHAT", Zero2Cool ?
Mucky Tundra: I wonder if Stat Padford will follow Johnson to the retirement center?
uffda udfa: Winston Moss has a better all time win % than MM at 1000%. Let's make this permanent. :)
uffda udfa: We should take note and realize our Jordy might not be Jordy at 31 this season.
uffda udfa: I think Detroit has a way of doing that to players.
Zero2Cool: Calvin is retiring at age 30, just like the great Barry Sanders.
uffda udfa: He'd be 31 just like Jordy but his body is done.
uffda udfa: Sources: Calvin Johnson told Lions he's retiring.
Zero2Cool: Today's Birthdays: BobBrews (70)
uffda udfa: Who doesn't love Bolt Travolta?
Smokey: Lightning "Bolt" ( Chargers )
Zero2Cool: WTF is a Bolt? BOLT The Super Dog?
uffda udfa: All you closet bolts fans: BREAKING: Chargers chairman Dean Spanos says team will remain in San Diego for 2016 season.
Zero2Cool: Today's Birthdays: Yerko (31)
Zero2Cool: Contest winners are sent a Packers related prize. It's not huge, just a token of appreciation so-to-speak.
Smokey: Prize ?
Mucky Tundra: Oh! I thought for a minute it got lost in the mail
Zero2Cool: Your prize. I feel bad. It's just been so chaotic with personal life and work stuff and my girls. I need to clone myself! lol
Mucky Tundra: No problem Zero! (Psst, what are we talking about?)
uffda udfa: We aren't going to go 19-0 for 4 straight seasons with this regime! I fully believe there's one that could get us closer.
Zero2Cool: Mucky, I haven't forgot. Just been really busy. Hopefully this weekend.
Mucky Tundra: Only four undefeated seasons? Such low standards!
Zero2Cool: .. or in SOME folks eyes ... go 19 - 0 four seasons in a row, nothing less is acceptable with potential HOF QB at helm. :massiveEyeRoll:
nerdmann: To become a truly GREAT coach, Mike needs to learn how to put other teams away.
uffda udfa: MM has always been secondary to my concerns as to what's wrong in Green Bay. Now, it appears he's speaking out just like guys like Dakota a
uffda udfa: Yup.. George Seifert and Barry Switzer won SB's. Do you honestly think MM is a great head coach? No need to cite any stats...just your op
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl 50
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 3:25 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

41m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

4-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

4-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

3-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

2-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

2-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

2-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa


Tweeter