Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheEngineer  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:56:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Rodgers would be pissed if we traded R Martin.


If the offseason was any lesson here in Green Bay.. players don't run this team.. if moving Martin is a good business decision, then you pull the trigger on the deal regardless of Rodgers personal feelings about it. IMO.

" said: Go to Quoted Post

Bishop, Hawk, and Barnett, hmm....
I'll have to think about that one. You are right though that Barnett loves the middle spot too much. And he's dang good at it, so I think he stays there.


Barnett is a heck of a middle backer.. but he also gets shallowed up in the blocking at times as well.. with his speed and agility he would be a prototypical outside backer.. no doubt he has a world of talent. IMO, Bishop or even Hodge would provide more stoutness to the center of the defense.. Bishop and especially Hodge don't have the same type of range to play the outside as say Barnett..

Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.


If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 2:53:25 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post


Now before I get pummeled, I not saying move Barnett, I am saying be open to putting the three best players on the field at one time.. IMO, those are the 3 best LB'ers on this squad.


This is a pretty good argument - getting our 3 best LB'ers on the field at the same time.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:44:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:47:56 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....


If we keep 7 LBs, you can bet your Greg Jennings underoos that we'll incorporate a 3-4 package.
Online Bigbyfan  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:48:04 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 207
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
If we could get a really solid DT, we would have a heck of a 3-4.


I can't help but think our coaches have incorporated the 3-4 somehow, and they just haven't used it in pre-season yet.

I mean how could they not? We've got a heck of a LB group, the with our top 4 of Hawk/Barnett/Chillar/Popp it should've given our coaches the impetus to find a package other than the 2-4 D to get our LB group on the field even more.

The strong play of Bishop and Hodge should just have hit home the possibilities with our roster of having a 3-4 package....

I swear I'd do back flips (which I can't actually do) if I saw a 3-4 package being used by the Pack on MNF. I'd be like a girl having gotten her first kiss from the boy she likes....


We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:49:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Who are our tradeable assts as cuts etc. take place in the next 24 hrs?

Bishop or Hodge?
Tracy White?
Colledge?
Morency?
Brohm?
KGB?



Bishop and (as Pack93z said) Ruvell. Those are the only two players that might fetch something decent in return based on what they've shown and their physical tools. I'd rather keep Ruvell as insurance, and the fact that he's our QBs 'guy'. I'm a Hodge fan, but Bishop has displayed talent and I wouldn't mind keeping him either.

I don't doubt for a second that Colledge / Brohm would get picked up if released, but I can't see them bringing back anything decent if traded. Colledge is our starter, but highly inconsistent, and I'd be hesitant to give up even an early day 2 pick after Brohm's performances this pre-season.


I can't see anyone offering a fair deal for a 30 something pass-rush specialist that has healed very slowly from off-season surgery.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.
Online Bigbyfan  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 4:57:29 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 207
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.


What about Kampman? He is too good to not have on the field.
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:01:03 PM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin
Applause Given: 429
Applause Received: 1,186
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
We have done some plays during the preseason where they only use two D-linemen and a ton of LB's so maybe they will do a 3-4


McCarthy actually half-joked about using a 3-4 D before the 49ers game, he said his injuries might force him to play a 3-4.

What struck me as odd was that there was no way McCarthy would do that unless his D had gotten reps in a 3-4. That suggested (to me at least) that at some point this off-season McCarthy might have installed a 3-4 alignment for certain situations.

We have the players, Jenkins/Montgomery/Jolly/Harrell and Pickett might possibly be the NT in the 3-4.


What about Kampman? He is too good to not have on the field.


I think the reference was to playing in the middle.. NT.. Jenkins would make another fine end in a 3-4.. Williams will excel at end for the Browns this season in that 3-4.
Offline minnypacker  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:11:37 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Jenkins, Kampman, and Monty are all suited for the 3-4 ends
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h): In unrelated news, a six figure sum was wired to Dr James Andrews bank account in the Cayman Islands
Zero2Cool (8h): Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
wpr (9h): 64321 is still available
Mucky Tundra (10h): thanks wpr, now i have to change it :(
wpr (10h): Right. Mucky is 12346. Big difference.
Mucky Tundra (10h): because i'm smarter than he is ;)
Zero2Cool (11h): 12345 didn't fare well for Tunsil, what makes you think it will for you?
Mucky Tundra (14h): I don't want to reset my password
Zero2Cool (23h): First round is over. Reset your passwords.
Zero2Cool (23h): Thompson on Clark: We thought he was the best player available.
IronMan (28-Apr): Brady won his appeal. no suspension.
Yerko (28-Apr): Happy Draft Day everyone!
Pack93z (28-Apr): Buckeye players that is... speaking of that, anyone see Buckeye around?
Pack93z (28-Apr): You certainly can have enough Buckeyes.... and 1 is probably too many. lol.
Zero2Cool (27-Apr): draft chat party tomorrow boys/girls welcome come all
wpr (27-Apr): Hawk is a FA
IronMan (27-Apr): AJ Hawk is still in the NFL?
FLORIDA PACKER88 (27-Apr): You can Never have Enough Buckeyes! Lets sign Lil animal Laurinitis and Hawk and put em both in the middle! ;)
wpr (26-Apr): 48 hrs until Christmas!
Zero2Cool (26-Apr): We have one too many Buckeye on the team already!!
Porforis (26-Apr): AJ Hawk released. Lol if the packers picked him up, would make for some spirited debate
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Tom Brady re-suspended for four games. Boring.
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): and next year it'll take 24 seconds to do 2017 ;-)
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): 2016 NFL Pick'em schedule ... done!
IronMan (25-Apr): ball for 14 seconds and doesn't even get a shot off. lol
IronMan (25-Apr): So the Hawks call a TO with 15 seconds left, the coach scribbles some play down on the board. They inbound it to Teague and he holds the bal
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Scores for every season matchup dating back to 2012 ... done!
wpr (23-Apr): Smokey I posted something a day or so ago that it is 10 + mil
Smokey (23-Apr): How much CAP money is left in the Packers acct. ?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr): ;-) until tomorrow folks
Zero2Cool (21-Apr): Always surprised how deep his non-singing voice was and also how high pitched he sang.
Pack93z (21-Apr): Purple Rain is one of my favorite album's all time... played the crap out of it as a youth.
Pack93z (21-Apr): Wow... The Prince new... just wow... different cat, great artist
Zero2Cool (21-Apr): Yes, if signed before May 12, Panthers would get comp
TheKanataThrilla (21-Apr): Never heard of him either. Had a good year, but the Panthers get a lot of pressure on the QB to his benefit.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Current Headlines

2016 Opponents
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / millertime

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey


Tweeter