Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:13:42 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 406
Applause Received: 572
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Did you guys see the run by our punter Ryan???
I couldn't believe how fast that kid is! Usually punters are pretty slow....but he took off and impressed me with his speed!


I think Ryan is better than Grant. Look at the two times we've seen him run.

The only runner I've ever seen better than Ryan is Barry Sanders.

We should have Donald Driver as our punter, Ryan as our #1 RB, Grant as #2, and Jackson as #3.

Hey......he outran Morency, didn't he???? :thumbright:
Offline warhawk  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:16:18 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 253
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Did you guys see the run by our punter Ryan???
I couldn't believe how fast that kid is! Usually punters are pretty slow....but he took off and impressed me with his speed!


I think Ryan is better than Grant. Look at the two times we've seen him run.

The only runner I've ever seen better than Ryan is Barry Sanders.

We should have Donald Driver as our punter, Ryan as our #1 RB, Grant as #2, and Jackson as #3.

Hey......he outran Morency, didn't he???? :thumbright:


Favre would have run FASTER!
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:24:31 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 406
Applause Received: 572
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Did you guys see the run by our punter Ryan???
I couldn't believe how fast that kid is! Usually punters are pretty slow....but he took off and impressed me with his speed!


I think Ryan is better than Grant. Look at the two times we've seen him run.

The only runner I've ever seen better than Ryan is Barry Sanders.

We should have Donald Driver as our punter, Ryan as our #1 RB, Grant as #2, and Jackson as #3.

Hey......he outran Morency, didn't he???? :thumbright:


Favre would have run FASTER!

I don't know........anytime i saw Favre run, it looked like he was running in slow motion!!! Razzottytrain1:
I think he would have run around in the "pocket", waited for someone to get open, and throw a 50 yard bomb. :thumbleft:
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:13:31 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,604
Got a question for those of you who saw the game on TV. The final 2 point conversion attempt was ruled out of bounds. The replay on the Tundervision sure looked like he was in.
Did anyone mention why there was no review of the play?
We figured no one wanted injuries in an overtime preseason game.
Did they not think he was forced out?
Offline TheEngineer  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:17:39 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Got a question for those of you who saw the game on TV. The final 2 point conversion attempt was ruled out of bounds. The replay on the Tundervision sure looked like he was in.
Did anyone mention why there was no review of the play?
We figured no one wanted injuries in an overtime preseason game.
Did they not think he was forced out?


Now I haven't seen it so I'm only speculating here, but the 'force out' rule is no longer in effect in 2008. The only penalty is if the defensive player carries the offensive player out of bounds. Otherwise, they need both feet inbounds.
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:36:35 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,604
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Got a question for those of you who saw the game on TV. The final 2 point conversion attempt was ruled out of bounds. The replay on the Tundervision sure looked like he was in.
Did anyone mention why there was no review of the play?
We figured no one wanted injuries in an overtime preseason game.
Did they not think he was forced out?


Now I haven't seen it so I'm only speculating here, but the 'force out' rule is no longer in effect in 2008. The only penalty is if the defensive player carries the offensive player out of bounds. Otherwise, they need both feet inbounds.


I knew the rule had changed but I did not know the scope. It's a good thing we GB "forces" the other player out of bounds but not hwn it happens to GB.
Offline Greg C.  
#22 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:41:13 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Marquette, Michigan
Applause Received: 48
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Got a question for those of you who saw the game on TV. The final 2 point conversion attempt was ruled out of bounds. The replay on the Tundervision sure looked like he was in.
Did anyone mention why there was no review of the play?
We figured no one wanted injuries in an overtime preseason game.
Did they not think he was forced out?


I saw the play, and the replays, and it was very clear that he only got one foot in bounds. The second foot was a good foot or two out of bounds. What made it deceptive was that the end zone had a weird paint job with slanted white lines that made it hard to tell where the sideline was at first glance. The defender did push him a little, but as TheEngineer said, there is no longer a force-out rule, so that didn't matter.
Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 12:50:16 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,604
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Got a question for those of you who saw the game on TV. The final 2 point conversion attempt was ruled out of bounds. The replay on the Tundervision sure looked like he was in.
Did anyone mention why there was no review of the play?
We figured no one wanted injuries in an overtime preseason game.
Did they not think he was forced out?


I saw the play, and the replays, and it was very clear that he only got one foot in bounds. The second foot was a good foot or two out of bounds. What made it deceptive was that the end zone had a weird paint job with slanted white lines that made it hard to tell where the sideline was at first glance. The defender did push him a little, but as TheEngineer said, there is no longer a force-out rule, so that didn't matter.


Thanks Greg. I do remember seeing those dumb slanted lines and trying to figure out which one was the sideline. Unlike TV, they only showed it once and cut the feed as soon as they could. The angle of the camera also made me wonder if his right knee was down but I figured that was just an illusion.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Happy Canada Day!!!
Zero2Cool (30-Jun) : Today's Birthdays: Grabacr (27)
Zero2Cool (28-Jun) : lol spanks
beast (28-Jun) : Some reports, David Sweat caught and man hunt for them over
beast (28-Jun) : Yay Julie :) ... are birthday spanks an option? :P jk
Zero2Cool (28-Jun) : Today's Birthdays: 4PackGirl (46) aka Julie.
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Someone toasted teh SQL Server we were on, took us down with'em! Jerkz
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Funny thing is, people keep responding to him, playing right into his hands. Why? lol
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Today only, you can create new topic for *FREE* :D
Porforis (22-Jun) : Will football start already? Sick of talking about draft picks and Ted Thompson and how good/not teams are going to be.
Zero2Cool (15-Jun) : Media loves making fools out of people while they twist facts.
gbguy20 (14-Jun) : nvm foundh im
gbguy20 (14-Jun) : smokey is mia
Zero2Cool (12-Jun) : gone!!
Porforis (12-Jun) : Kevin's a big poopyhead and a vikings fan!
Zero2Cool (12-Jun) : sweet, now I can suspend people and provide a reason! :) Volunteers?
Zero2Cool (12-Jun) : doing small update ... cross finnners!
Mucky Tundra (10-Jun) : *Sad Panda*
Zero2Cool (10-Jun) : No, not you.
Zero2Cool (10-Jun) : You?
Mucky Tundra (10-Jun) : I can?!
Zero2Cool (10-Jun) : You can do it!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2015 Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Packer Backer in Lilly

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rockmolder

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

29-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

29-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey


Tweeter