Green Bay Packers Forum
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:08:29 PM(UTC)
'Twas a beautiful pass. And no, it wasn't a gamble. Looked like Rodgers had a split second decision that Jennings was farther along than the defender would have liked and Aaron made that decision, and it was the right one.
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:10:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
'Twas a beautiful pass. And no, it wasn't a gamble. Looked like Rodgers had a split second decision that Jennings was farther along than the defender would have liked and Aaron made that decision, and it was the right one.

I agree Zombie. Looking at the reply, he saw that Jennings had the D lulled into a false sense of security, and the throw was there.
Those silly defenders........don't they KNOW that your not supposed to look directly into Greg Jenning's face???? thumbrightt:
Since69.....i agree with that too. I would have liked to see Grant in there to get at least a few touches. Just to get used to the hits again.
(And thanks gotarace for the plus 1!)
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:31:01 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the reply, he saw that Jennings had the D lulled into a false sense of security, and the throw was there.


That's the thing. It wasn't a risky throw at all. Jennings was in a weird spot where if the ball was in the right spot, there's no way the two defenders could touch him. After catching the ball, he could have moonwalked into the end zone if he wanted to.
Offline walleye  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:38:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Sweet play, and good to see. But I wish McCarthy would have let the starters play one more series. I wanted to get a look at Grant...

Yes it was a sweeeet play, i also would have liked to see more out of Grant and outher starters. Whip It Goodd:
Offline Cheesey  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:41:55 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the reply, he saw that Jennings had the D lulled into a false sense of security, and the throw was there.


That's the thing. It wasn't a risky throw at all. Jennings was in a weird spot where if the ball was in the right spot, there's no way the two defenders could touch him. After catching the ball, he could have moonwalked into the end zone if he wanted to.

Thats what i saw too. Now, had the ball been a half second late, it could have been picked off. But Rodgers took advantage of what he saw, and made a great play. It's all timing, and taking advantage of it at that split second you see it. Rodgers showed me he's ready for the season to start.....and that excites me!
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:02:51 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Thats what i saw too. Now, had the ball been a half second late, it could have been picked off. But Rodgers took advantage of what he saw, and made a great play. It's all timing, and taking advantage of it at that split second you see it. Rodgers showed me he's ready for the season to start.....and that excites me!


Well 2 things impressed me the most about that play:
1) the pass itself was sweet,
2) more importantly, Aaron CAN make split second decisions. I like the mental aggression on his part, knowing it's an opportunity and following through.
Offline Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:19:19 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Thats what i saw too. Now, had the ball been a half second late, it could have been picked off. But Rodgers took advantage of what he saw, and made a great play. It's all timing, and taking advantage of it at that split second you see it. Rodgers showed me he's ready for the season to start.....and that excites me!


Well 2 things impressed me the most about that play:
1) the pass itself was sweet,
2) more importantly, Aaron CAN make split second decisions. I like the mental aggression on his part, knowing it's an opportunity and following through.

Yup! Early in the preseason, at least to me, it looked like Rodgers wasn't making the split second decisions. But he looks more and more prepared each week. I think the "butterflies" are going away for him, and he will make this HIS team. I can't WAIT for September 8th!!!
Offline Bigbyfan  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:20:05 PM(UTC)
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:23:08 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.

He's the man, for sure! We have a GREAT group of WR's! I bet alot of teams DREAM of having the guys we do!
Offline Bigbyfan  
#25 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:30:55 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.

He's the man, for sure! We have a GREAT group of WR's! I bet alot of teams DREAM of having the guys we do!


More like NIGHTMARES when they know that they have to somehow slow these WR's down.
Offline Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:35:47 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.

He's the man, for sure! We have a GREAT group of WR's! I bet alot of teams DREAM of having the guys we do!


More like NIGHTMARES when they know that they have to somehow slow these WR's down.

Awww heck. They KNOW they can't slow them down!!!LOLOLOL!!!
All they can do is HOPE they can stop them! thumbrightt:
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / packerfanoutwest

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter