Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 1:08:29 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
'Twas a beautiful pass. And no, it wasn't a gamble. Looked like Rodgers had a split second decision that Jennings was farther along than the defender would have liked and Aaron made that decision, and it was the right one.
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:10:11 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 436
Applause Received: 610
" said: Go to Quoted Post
'Twas a beautiful pass. And no, it wasn't a gamble. Looked like Rodgers had a split second decision that Jennings was farther along than the defender would have liked and Aaron made that decision, and it was the right one.

I agree Zombie. Looking at the reply, he saw that Jennings had the D lulled into a false sense of security, and the throw was there.
Those silly defenders........don't they KNOW that your not supposed to look directly into Greg Jenning's face???? :thumbright:
Since69.....i agree with that too. I would have liked to see Grant in there to get at least a few touches. Just to get used to the hits again.
(And thanks gotarace for the plus 1!)
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:31:01 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the reply, he saw that Jennings had the D lulled into a false sense of security, and the throw was there.


That's the thing. It wasn't a risky throw at all. Jennings was in a weird spot where if the ball was in the right spot, there's no way the two defenders could touch him. After catching the ball, he could have moonwalked into the end zone if he wanted to.
Offline walleye  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:38:24 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Sweet play, and good to see. But I wish McCarthy would have let the starters play one more series. I wanted to get a look at Grant...

Yes it was a sweeeet play, i also would have liked to see more out of Grant and outher starters. :whipitgood:
Offline Cheesey  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:41:55 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 436
Applause Received: 610
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the reply, he saw that Jennings had the D lulled into a false sense of security, and the throw was there.


That's the thing. It wasn't a risky throw at all. Jennings was in a weird spot where if the ball was in the right spot, there's no way the two defenders could touch him. After catching the ball, he could have moonwalked into the end zone if he wanted to.

Thats what i saw too. Now, had the ball been a half second late, it could have been picked off. But Rodgers took advantage of what he saw, and made a great play. It's all timing, and taking advantage of it at that split second you see it. Rodgers showed me he's ready for the season to start.....and that excites me!
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:02:51 PM(UTC)

Rank: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco
Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Thats what i saw too. Now, had the ball been a half second late, it could have been picked off. But Rodgers took advantage of what he saw, and made a great play. It's all timing, and taking advantage of it at that split second you see it. Rodgers showed me he's ready for the season to start.....and that excites me!


Well 2 things impressed me the most about that play:
1) the pass itself was sweet,
2) more importantly, Aaron CAN make split second decisions. I like the mental aggression on his part, knowing it's an opportunity and following through.
Offline Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:19:19 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 436
Applause Received: 610
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Thats what i saw too. Now, had the ball been a half second late, it could have been picked off. But Rodgers took advantage of what he saw, and made a great play. It's all timing, and taking advantage of it at that split second you see it. Rodgers showed me he's ready for the season to start.....and that excites me!


Well 2 things impressed me the most about that play:
1) the pass itself was sweet,
2) more importantly, Aaron CAN make split second decisions. I like the mental aggression on his part, knowing it's an opportunity and following through.

Yup! Early in the preseason, at least to me, it looked like Rodgers wasn't making the split second decisions. But he looks more and more prepared each week. I think the "butterflies" are going away for him, and he will make this HIS team. I can't WAIT for September 8th!!!
Offline Bigbyfan  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:20:05 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 158
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:23:08 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 436
Applause Received: 610
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.

He's the man, for sure! We have a GREAT group of WR's! I bet alot of teams DREAM of having the guys we do!
Offline Bigbyfan  
#25 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:30:55 PM(UTC)

Rank: Member
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 158
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.

He's the man, for sure! We have a GREAT group of WR's! I bet alot of teams DREAM of having the guys we do!


More like NIGHTMARES when they know that they have to somehow slow these WR's down.
Offline Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 6:35:47 PM(UTC)

Rank: Honored Member
United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 436
Applause Received: 610
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings..... I don't know what else there is to be said really.

He's the man, for sure! We have a GREAT group of WR's! I bet alot of teams DREAM of having the guys we do!


More like NIGHTMARES when they know that they have to somehow slow these WR's down.

Awww heck. They KNOW they can't slow them down!!!LOLOLOL!!!
All they can do is HOPE they can stop them! :thumbright:
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : did not see this scoming: 49ers Release Darnell Dockett
beast (14h) : Is Goodson healthy enough to make the 53 man roster or is he going on the IR?
Smokey (14h) : cheesey, how did you like the game ?
Zero2Cool (17h) : Woohoo Chat room is open for bizness!
Smokey (19h) : Enjoy tonight's game in the "Chat" area !
Zero2Cool (3-Sep) : Judge Berman overturns Tom Brady’s suspension
Smokey (2-Sep) : Guest ? Join and post today !
Zero2Cool (2-Sep) : new keyboard!
Porforis (2-Sep) : Zero's gone? Where?
gbguy20 (2-Sep) : the troll is gone!!
greengold (1-Sep) : Is that a surprise Zero?
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : NO!!!!!! Packers placed Jordy Nelson on IR.
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : Michael Rodney: OLB Adrian Hubbard has been released.
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : Whoa, Jared Abbrederris might practice today!!
Zero2Cool (1-Sep) : Panthers cutting WR Jarrett Boykin
Smokey (31-Aug) : Matt Blanchard = Trade Bait
Zero2Cool (31-Aug) : Matt Blanchard?
Zero2Cool (30-Aug) : Doubt any QB is cut before Thursday. I want to see more of Matt and Brett.
Smokey (30-Aug) : Why be a guest, come join us today !
Zero2Cool (30-Aug) : Hyde is the injury I'm most concerned about. Cobby fine.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl 50
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 7:30 PM
SEAHAWKS
Monday, Sep 28 @ 7:30 PM
CHIEFS
Sunday, Oct 4 @ 3:25 PM
at 49ers
Sunday, Oct 11 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
CHARGERS
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 7:30 PM
at Broncos
Sunday, Nov 8 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Thursday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
BEARS
Thursday, Dec 3 @ 7:25 PM
at Lions
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 3:05 PM
at Raiders
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 3:25 PM
at Cardinals
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RainX

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackerTraxx

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

2-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

2-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / RainX


Tweeter