Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 4:40:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Looks like a little ACDC in the park this spring... dude still can pitch and was signed to a marginally comfortable deal for the Brewers to absorb..

Now we need some starting pitching..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 4:54:01 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,565
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 347

Sweet!
Hopefully the Brewers can give him some games to save.
UserPostedImage
Offline gotarace  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:13:01 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 359
Joined: 8/3/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 15

Looks like a solid move by the brewers. Now if they address the starting rotation and soon... it could be another good year for the brew crew.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 3:12:59 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,565
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 347

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a solid move by the brewers. Now if they address the starting rotation and soon... it could be another good year for the brew crew.

What sucks is us being such a small market team. We can "buy" championships like the Yankees can.
Baseball NEEDS a salary cap.
UserPostedImage
Offline djcubez  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 4:10:36 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,751
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a solid move by the brewers. Now if they address the starting rotation and soon... it could be another good year for the brew crew.

What sucks is us being such a small market team. We can "buy" championships like the Yankees can.
Baseball NEEDS a salary cap.

I agree that to make the sport fair, it would need a salary cap. But, the fact that it doesn't have it does make it interesting in it's own way. Besides, it's not like the league is fair anyway. The AL has a division with 4 teams while the NL has a division with 6 teams. That seriously jeopardizes a teams chance at making the playoffs. That's why the MLB is kind of fun in my opinion, because of the inconsistencies. I would however favor a salary cap.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline IronMan  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 5:39:21 AM(UTC)
IronMan

Rank: Pro Bowl

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Posts: 3,494
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 54

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a solid move by the brewers. Now if they address the starting rotation and soon... it could be another good year for the brew crew.

What sucks is us being such a small market team. We can "buy" championships like the Yankees can.
Baseball NEEDS a salary cap.
Baseball does need a salary cap. But I disagree when you say the Yankees buy championships. They haven't won a championship in 8 years. The reason they won all those championships in the late 90's is because of a good farm system. Since then, they have signed several high priced free agents and they have won nothing.
Offline gotarace  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 1:36:44 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 359
Joined: 8/3/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 15

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a solid move by the brewers. Now if they address the starting rotation and soon... it could be another good year for the brew crew.

What sucks is us being such a small market team. We can "buy" championships like the Yankees can.
Baseball NEEDS a salary cap.
Baseball does need a salary cap. But I disagree when you say the Yankees buy championships. They haven't won a championship in 8 years. The reason they won all those championships in the late 90's is because of a good farm system. Since then, they have signed several high priced free agents and they have won nothing.


Agreed Ironman...just take a look at the Devil Rays they are hope for every small budget baseball team.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 8:02:23 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,565
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 347

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a solid move by the brewers. Now if they address the starting rotation and soon... it could be another good year for the brew crew.

What sucks is us being such a small market team. We can "buy" championships like the Yankees can.
Baseball NEEDS a salary cap.
Baseball does need a salary cap. But I disagree when you say the Yankees buy championships. They haven't won a championship in 8 years. The reason they won all those championships in the late 90's is because of a good farm system. Since then, they have signed several high priced free agents and they have won nothing.

Thats true.
But it's also true that their greediness at snatching up big name players has removed those players from possibly contributing to other small market clubs, like Milwaukee.
CC Sabathia for example.
Had it been a level playing field, we may have been able to keep him here, thus making our chances better at getting in the world series.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

3h / Random Babble / DakotaT

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / voiceofreason

19-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

19-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

19-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / millertime

18-Aug / Around The NFL / wpr


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.