Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online wpr  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:00:15 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,749
Applause Received: 1,317

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
i remember when the pack drafted freeman in '95 (i was about 9 years old at the time). It was funny; because at the time my dad screamed, " who the hell is antonio freeman?!" boy was he mad. Needless to say, it turned out just fine... and whenever Freeman mad a big play, I'd yell "who the hell is antonio freeman?!" and my dad would just smile and glance at me knowingly.

i think you guys know where im going with this.

Your dad's a jerk??? Sorry I do not mean it.
I think we all fall into that same category or getting upset even though we don't watch all of the game film for all of the college players. We don't attend the combines. We don't sit down and interview the prospective players and yet WE get mad if GB doesn't draft hte person we think they should draft.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:24:21 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

i remember when the pack drafted freeman in '95 (i was about 9 years old at the time). It was funny; because at the time my dad screamed, " who the hell is antonio freeman?!" boy was he mad. Needless to say, it turned out just fine... and whenever Freeman mad a big play, I'd yell "who the hell is antonio freeman?!" and my dad would just smile and glance at me knowingly.

i think you guys know where im going with this.

Your dad's a jerk??? Sorry I do not mean it.
I think we all fall into that same category or getting upset even though we don't watch all of the game film for all of the college players. We don't attend the combines. We don't sit down and interview the prospective players and yet WE get mad if GB doesn't draft hte person we think they should draft.

Thats because only the "big name" guys get discussed, so most of us (like me) have no idea who some of these kids are. Like you said, the people who make their living on this know alot more about these guys then we do.
UserPostedImage
Offline BangTheDrum  
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:26:16 AM(UTC)
BangTheDrum

Applause Given: 1

Well, here's how I'm seeing it:

Nelson - will contribute immediately. The only reason he hasn't broken the top 4 is our top 4 is as sturdy as they come. I don't think any team has our depth at WR. He'll get some KR duties though, which he should be good at.

Brohm - ?

Lee - Will contribute later. Looks like a good prospect.

Finley - Will make the team and when he gets better at blocking down the road, imagine Lee and Finley as our TEs. Lee's solid, and having a pass catching TE opposite Lee will give opposing Ds nightmares.

Thompson - Not enough to judge yet.

Sitton - We might even see him start a few games in his first season.

Giacomini - Supposed to be our T of the future. Looks like a good prospect.

Flynn - May prove to be better than Brohm, and we picked him in the 7th round.

I think the draft definitely helped make the team better.

Flynn is the better QB... Brohm is a Ryan Leaf type guy, never proved a whole lot but everyone just anointed him as good...

Youve got to say Lee is a pass catching tight end, hes a better pass catcher than he is a blocker although he is solid there as well... I do agree they will be a sick combo in a year or two.

I like Giacomini (sp) alot... I think he has the right mindset, just needs a year or two to really adjust to pro D lineman, as he faced maybe 2 or 3 throughout his college college career and now its an everyday occurance.

I also think Thompson, with a year or two(getting old yet) can be a difference maker...

And (P) Lee is very physical and I like him alot...
UserPostedImage

Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
Offline Greg C.  
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 6:52:47 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Flynn is the better QB... Brohm is a Ryan Leaf type guy, never proved a whole lot but everyone just anointed him as good...

Didn't Brohm set all kinds of passing records in college? I don't know what more you could've expected him to prove. He wasn't about to win a national championship playing for Louisville. And I don't get the Ryan Leaf comparison. Leaf had a lousy attitude. I'm not hearing anything like that about Brohm. Hopefully he just needs more time.

What worries me is that I haven't seen him make a really good NFL play yet. Rodgers struggled as a rookie too, but even then I thought he put some zip on the ball and he made some nice scrambles. I'm hoping that the problem with Brohm is that he's just trying too hard not to screw up. It's like he's not trusting his instincts.
blank
Online wpr  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:53:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,749
Applause Received: 1,317

Didn't Brohm set all kinds of passing records in college? I don't know what more you could've expected him to prove. He wasn't about to win a national championship playing for Louisville. And I don't get the Ryan Leaf comparison. Leaf had a lousy attitude. I'm not hearing anything like that about Brohm. Hopefully he just needs more time.

What worries me is that I haven't seen him make a really good NFL play yet. Rodgers struggled as a rookie too, but even then I thought he put some zip on the ball and he made some nice scrambles. I'm hoping that the problem with Brohm is that he's just trying too hard not to screw up. It's like he's not trusting his instincts.

It seems like Brohm is trying too hard. It is not easy to come out of college and be tabbed as the #2 QB in the NFL. Flynn does not has as much pressure on him since he was picked in the 7th round and Brohm in the 2nd. I do not have any stats for it but I would think of all the 7th round picks taken in the past 15-20 years only 20-25% made their original team. Even fewer worked their way into being a starter for the team that drafted them.
There have been several instances in the NFL were a lower pick had a better 1st season.
We also need to remember that he had some problems with his OL. He was sacked 4 times. The defense had pressure on him all the time.
Some of this is due to his indecisions, some of it is due to receivers being covered and some of it due to the OL.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline walleye  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:27:05 PM(UTC)
walleye

I think Brohm is trying way to hard to impress, he just needs to be himself. givem some time he will be a good Quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Rss Feed