Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:40:38 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

That's right, the Vikes' big left tackle will not play in the first four games because he violated the league's personal conduct policy by getting into a brawl. This could make things more interesting for Cullen Jenkins, KGB, Mike Montgomery, and Packer fans everywhere on September 8th.
blank
Sponsor
Offline Packers_Finland  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:44:58 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

This is already in another section.
This is a placeholder
Offline Greg C.  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:53:07 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
This is already in another section.

Darn it. I'm 0-2 today. I thought it should be here, though, because it could have a big impact on the Packers' season opener. And maybe there are others like me who hardly ever read the other sections.
blank
Offline Bigbyfan  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 9:57:40 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

Looks like Tavaris Jackson will be the one sacked five times this game, not Chico (Trying to get Rodgers' new nickname to stick)

If you guys don't remember, Jared Allen said if he didnt sack CHICO five times, it would be a failure
blank
Offline TengoJuego  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:03:03 AM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Muwahahahaha
Offline agopackgo4  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 12:22:10 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

classic...Vikings already killing themselvs.
Offline walleye  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:35:47 PM(UTC)
walleye

Any input Vikesrule??
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:57:03 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 172
Applause Received: 374

I think he's avoiding the issue. Afraid he won't have a team to cheer on by the time the season starts! LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline agopackgo4  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:16:09 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

I think he's avoiding the issue. Afraid he won't have a team to cheer on by the time the season starts! LOLOL!!!

Those bums will all have their turn being susspended by the end of the year. Every year..its the same old story. They get picked to win the divison but they shoot themselvs in the foot. Congrats Vikings!!
Offline walleye  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:24:35 PM(UTC)
walleye

I totally agree!!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Greg C.  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 6:39:25 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Peter King of SI mentioned this in his column today, under Ten Things I Think I Think:

3. I think you might be surprised at the NFL player who will be under the most pressure in September. Not Derek Anderson, the quarterback of the Browns, coming off such a lousy end to 2007. Not Steve Justice, the sixth-round rookie from Wake Forest, called on to open the season at center for Indianapolis. (Remember A Beautiful Mind, with Russell Crowe playing the genius who could crack every top-secret code? The Colts have two Crowes -- Manning and his alter-ego at center, Jeff Saturday, out for six weeks with a knee injury.) Not Matt Ryan or Brodie Croyle, handed the reins of bad teams with almost no chance of early success.

Here's my candidate: Artis Hicks. With the four-game suspension handed to left tackle Bryant McKinnie by the league last week, the Vikings turn to Hicks, and all he'll have to do in the next four weeks is protect the blind side of an inexperienced quarterback (Tarvaris Jackson) gimpy with a recovering knee. His blocking assignments: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Yikes.
blank
Offline NodakPaul  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:34:36 AM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Those bums will all have their turn being susspended by the end of the year. Every year..its the same old story. They get picked to win the divison but they shoot themselvs in the foot. Congrats Vikings!!

So how is Johnny Jolly's court date coming along anyway? Those who live in glass houses... ;)

Everyone in Minnesota was expecting McKinnie to be suspended, and they have been preparing for it. This didn't come as any big shock to anyone. I does help out the Vikings opponents, but probably not in the way you are thinking.

Bigbyfan - you seem to think that this will mean TJack will be under more pressure. However you seem to be forgetting that McKinnie SUCKED against fast ends. He has struggles his entire career with the speed rush. It turns out the McKinnie's true value lies in the RUNNING game, not is pass protection. With Hicks in, our pass protection will not suffer, but our running game will.

TJack won't get sacked any more that he would have with Mount McKinnie in there. But I expect AD to be running right or off guard a lot more than usually in these first four games. This will also make the play action that much more important.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline Trippster  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:59:41 AM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

So how is Johnny Jolly's court date coming along anyway? Those who live in glass houses... ;)

Everyone in Minnesota was expecting McKinnie to be suspended, and they have been preparing for it. This didn't come as any big shock to anyone. I does help out the Vikings opponents, but probably not in the way you are thinking.

Bigbyfan - you seem to think that this will mean TJack will be under more pressure. However you seem to be forgetting that McKinnie SUCKED against fast ends. He has struggles his entire career with the speed rush. It turns out the McKinnie's true value lies in the RUNNING game, not is pass protection. With Hicks in, our pass protection will not suffer, but our running game will.

TJack won't get sacked any more that he would have with Mount McKinnie in there. But I expect AD to be running right or off guard a lot more than usually in these first four games. This will also make the play action that much more important.

If the running game suffers, so shall the passing game.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline PackerFan  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:27:01 AM(UTC)
PackerFan

Since 2004 when I started to faithfully watch football we have only had 3 legal problems on our team(that I can remember). These were, in revers order, Jolly, Barnette, and Rodgers. And of the 3 Jolly was really the only one who might be in deep sh**. What is it with DT's and finding trouble?

The Vikings...well I just have two words: Party Boat.
blank
Offline PackerFan  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:28:10 AM(UTC)
PackerFan

If the running game suffers, so shall the passing game.

Yes Sir +1.
blank
Rss Feed