Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:54:32 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I wish I had Raider Pride's charisma and speaking ability.

I wish I was as funny as Cheesey or Vikesrule.

I wish I could explain football as well as someone like Pack93z, Longtimefan, Warhawk, or several other people who can explain intricate details that go over my head.

I wish I could find stats as fast as Dhazer or Zero can.

I wish I had a fan as loyal as Heather, and if I did have only one fan that loyal, I wouldn't have given up on my dreams of being a musician.

Funny thing is sometimes I wish I was older by a decade so I could have lived through at least some of the Lombardi years. I started being a Packers fan in '76 when we were horrible and Bart Starr, I only knew him as a Coach of a perennial losing team (except in '82).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Sponsor
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:01:14 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Great post, ZS. We have some great people on this forum.

I asume the meaning of this is that more people join in? Wouldn't want to hi-jack your thread or something.
UserPostedImage
Offline vegOmatic  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:06:48 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

Someone is bucking for Applaud points.

Well, you didn't mention me... :)
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:19:03 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Someone is bucking for Applaud points.

Well, you didn't mention me... :)

your knowledge of making animated gifs. :thumbright:

I did this because I'm realizing I'm coming across as too arrogant. So, trying to be a little bit more humble.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:21:09 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Great post, ZS. We have some great people on this forum.

I asume the meaning of this is that more people join in? Wouldn't want to hi-jack your thread or something.

yeah, hoping people would add.

There was a lot of fighting over the whole Favre thing and it really did bring on some heated debates. So trying to be more positive (and as I told Veg, also a little bit more humble).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline 4PackGirl  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:23:07 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

ok - humility achieved, zombie. but...i think this thread could go much further. if you had one wish or well maybe two - what would your wish be?

mine would be another 15 years with my dad so that he could be a positive influence in my boys' lives.

anybody else?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:44:44 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

I wish I had the patience of Greg C.

I wish I had the undying confidence in Mike McCarthy and Ted through and through like a Packnic.

I wish I had the ability to seeing the "bright" side of all things Packers like AADP, kmeyer, and others.

I wish I could control this addiction like so many on here do.

I feel selfish today...

Most of all, I wish I had the ability yet today to throw on the helmet and the pads... get all fired up and take the field yet today.

On the personal side of the "I wish" there are a ton.. but you take life as it is handed to you.

Put your god given determination to work and make the freaking best of what you have. Anything less.. you are not living up to your 100% potential we all talk about daily here for the players of the Packers.. your selling yourself short.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:53:04 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

mine would be another 15 years with my dad so that he could be a positive influence in my boys' lives.

4Pack - My father is still alive and I'm more and more realizing that he's been the #1 influence on my life. Sure, we disagree on many things still, but I wish I had his patience and his coolness under pressure. I'm hot tempered whereas he's always cool and collected. I wish I was more cool.

I can't possibly imagine losing either of my parents. I can't imagine what you're going through right now and you have my utmost sympathy.

Oh, if I had only one wish - it would be for my wife's and son's healths.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Rockmolder  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:17:16 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

I wish I had the vocabulary of Nonstop, ZS, Pack93 etc.

I wish I could tell stories like Foster.

I wish I could make witty comments on pretty much anything like Vikesrule (Where is he, anyway?)

I second Pack93's 'selfish' desire. I wish I could take on some pads and play some football.

I guess there's alot more I'm missing, but whatever.

As for your wish PackGirl. I don't know how old your boys are, but my grandfather passed away when I was 4 or so, so I don't remember a whole lot. My grandmother passed away when I was 10 or so. Still miss her, obviously. That would be a great wish.

Don't know about any personal wishes I have, ofcourse I have things I want, but nothing worth wishing for atm.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:27:13 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

4Pack - My father is still alive and I'm more and more realizing that he's been the #1 influence on my life. Sure, we disagree on many things still, but I wish I had his patience and his coolness under pressure. I'm hot tempered whereas he's always cool and collected. I wish I was more cool.

I can't possibly imagine losing either of my parents. I can't imagine what you're going through right now and you have my utmost sympathy.

Oh, if I had only one wish - it would be for my wife's and son's healths.

Zombie......SO many times i have read your posts, and because of the way you have with words, you make me really think about my own views. Tp be able to do that is a gift.

My Dad died when i was 16, my Mom when i was 33, my brother when I was 36. I was just getting to know my Dad as a "man" when he died. I lost out on so much of his guidance and knowledge. It's funny though......I can't count the times my relatives had said to me "Your just like your Dad!".....and there's not a bigger compliment i could get.
Cherish every minute you have with your loved ones........things can happen so fast, and you can never go back.
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:12:12 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

when people tell me "you're just like your dad", there is no higher compliment i could possibly receive. (not taking away anything from my mom because she's been a HUGE force in my life as well. i don't know what i would do without her. she's my best friend.) my dad was highly regarded by our community for many reasons. but basically he was just a small farmer who treated everyone the way he wanted to be treated. pretty damn simple, isn't it?
UserPostedImage
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 1:15:20 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

I wish I had Raider Pride's charisma and speaking ability.

I wish I was as funny as Cheesey or Vikesrule.

I wish I could explain football as well as someone like Pack93z, Longtimefan, Warhawk, or several other people who can explain intricate details that go over my head.

I wish I could find stats as fast as Dhazer or Zero can.

I wish I had a fan as loyal as Heather, and if I did have only one fan that loyal, I wouldn't have given up on my dreams of being a musician.

Funny thing is sometimes I wish I was older by a decade so I could have lived through at least some of the Lombardi years. I started being a Packers fan in '76 when we were horrible and Bart Starr, I only knew him as a Coach of a perennial losing team (except in '82).

Zombie, thanks so much for the compliment!! I believe in people and support whatever they decide to do in this lifetime, because life is way to short. We should all do what makes us happy, even if it dont turn out the way we expect, we only live once. :)

Zombie, you have always been such a great friend to me. I enjoy so much all your posts on here, you make me stop and think about life sometimes. Don't ever cut yourself short my friend, its never to late to be a musician if that is what makes you happy. GO for it, I would support you 100%. +1 Great post!!!
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 1:20:30 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

ok - humility achieved, zombie. but...i think this thread could go much further. if you had one wish or well maybe two - what would your wish be?

anybody else?

My wish would be that my Mom would get better, I do know that this isn't possible with Alzheimer's. But all I can do is remember how she used to be, the good times our family has shared, this helps me so much in dealing with the pain. I also have another wish that all my family/friends and everyone that has touched me in someway, have long and healthy lives.
Heathiee
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 5:40:46 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

when people tell me "you're just like your dad", there is no higher compliment i could possibly receive. (not taking away anything from my mom because she's been a HUGE force in my life as well. i don't know what i would do without her. she's my best friend.) my dad was highly regarded by our community for many reasons. but basically he was just a small farmer who treated everyone the way he wanted to be treated. pretty damn simple, isn't it?

It IS simple, for sure. But so many people don't DO it.
My Dad was just a foreman in a printing factory. But when he died, the funeral home was PACKED. Standing room only, all the way to the front doors. And it was during a blizzard! It showed me just how much my Dad touched the lives of others.

I only met your Dad once Illy, but it's funny, you can feel what a person is like just being around them. Your Dad gave off that kind of "vibe". A loving man.........and there's no better then that!

On a kind of funny note Illy.......everytime i see the Arizona Cards play, I see their kicker (i think his first name is Neil) Rackers........and i think of your Dad.
Do you remember why????
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed