Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vegOmatic  
#31 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 10:08:50 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 505
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
so now we can read minds i guess, huh?


Well, then don't be saying it was supposed to end the way you think it should have or you know how it really happened.

You should try being pushed up against the wall and asked if you have any money. It is very easy to sit where you're sitting and think it out rationally and insist all the variables should have led to a single conclusion (yours).
blank
Offline 4PackGirl  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:10:42 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,252
Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
so now we can read minds i guess, huh?


Well, then don't be saying it was supposed to end the way you think it should have or you know how it really happened.

You should try being pushed up against the wall and asked if you have any money. It is very easy to sit where you're sitting and think it out rationally and insist all the variables should have led to a single conclusion (yours).


it's a shame you didn't read my other posts wherein i explained i had taken the contrary stance on this issue for a reason. you wanna know what it is - read what i wrote. oh & don't assume that because i've never had a gun pulled on me that it equates to me never having been involved in a violent situation. you don't know me.

back to the subject...i'm glad it has made a few people think it thru a bit more - that's what these "healthy discussions" are supposed to be about.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:39:57 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
there are a multitude of scenarios in this situation that could have gone either way. it could have ended better OR worse. i'll give you the worse BUT you cannot prove to me that there is NO WAY possible this situation could have ended better.

i took the contrary side of this in the hopes that minds would be opened & another viewpoint could be taken into account but clearly that didn't happen. that's just sad.

Of course there are ways this could have ended better.
The punk could have decided NOT to go out with a gun to rob anyone.
That would have changed EVERYTHING.
Would he have just robbed them and left them alone? Maybe.

But, if it was me, and there was a 90% chance the guy would have robbed us and left us alone, that still means a 10% chance he might kill us. If i had it in my power to make sure it was 100% certain i and my wife would not be harmed, i'm going with the 100%. But thats just me.
NONE of us were there, we ONLY go on what was written.
Like i said before........this went down in a matter of seconds. The guy in the truck didn't have even 5 minutes to try to decide what action to take, it was a few seconds at most.
Like has already been stated......innocent people are killed in this country by thugs everyday. Thats fact.
And if you never have been robbed, it's hard to say what you would do, or what you would feel.
After it happened to me, i didn't feel safe for about a year. I couldn't sleep soundly for months. EVERYONE i saw at night put fear into me. It changed the way i think, the way i react. To this day, i'm not the same. More then just my money was stolen that night. My "innocence" and "trust" went with it.
Oh....and the thug had a gun thrust at him......yet he went for his own gun. Had he just layed there, i bet the other guy wouldn't have shot. He probably would have just held him till the cops came.
That would have made a better ending, right?
UserPostedImage
Offline vegOmatic  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:47:20 AM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 505
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
don't assume that because i've never had a gun pulled on me that it equates to me never having been involved in a violent situation. you don't know me.


I only know what you wrote. You may be right about one thing, you may not need to be robbed to understand what it's like. But from what you wrote, I don't think you do understand. Also, based on what you wrote, I don't think you understand that people who go looking for trouble will eventually find it and reap the consequences.

Heck, all you have to do is watch the TV show "Cops" and see how people dive right into trouble and are only sorry when they get bit by it.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:23:31 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
There is a City 20 miles east of Atlanta called Kennesaw.

I went there to visit the Civil War Battlefield at Kennesaw Mountain. The first person I saw in Kennesaw was walking down the street with two 45's in a two gun holster.

In Kennesaw Georgia IT IS THE LAW that you own and maintain a firearm if you own a home. You can also wear or carry them on the public streets.

Read this... Oh... Crime is almost non existant by the way.

http://www.associatedcon...andatory_for.html?cat=17


How are the job prospects in Kennesaw? Any openings for Software Engineers? I could stomach the heat as I've lived in East Texas (for those who don't know, East Texas' weather = Louisiana weather) for several years.

I bet you anything that the people in Kennesaw are VERY polite. I like that.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / TengoJuego

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

6h / Announcements / dfosterf

7h / Random Babble / MontanaBob

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

29-Jul / Random Babble / porky88

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.