Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RaiderPride  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:56:15 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 97
Applause Received: 187

I do not expect the Packers to go 13-3 like last year. This season will be a small step back, that is natural progress needed to make a huge step forward.

Last year "EVERTHING" went right for the Pack. The NFC North teams imploded, the schedule was perfect for the Packers, and they had virtually no injuries that effected the destiny of the team. It was a dream year that ended with an expected "Thud"

Face it. We all knew it was coming sooner or later in that N.F.C. Championship Game. It is scary to expect the worse, an interception to end the game.

The expected "Thud" is gone, but the road is tougher this year. Now I think in all honesty that if "Chico" started the overtime session last year the Packers would have been in the Super bowl. That is a fact in my mind and you can bash me for that thought, but I believe it.

"Chico" is going to be great. But it will take a year or two. I do not expect him to change the minds of most Packer Fans, but eventually most Packer fan's minds will be changed.

It is the kid's first year. Let's all remember that. Go with the flow. Chances are, all will not fall into place and be as perfect as last year.

However, there will not be the expected "THUD" should the Packers over achieve. and make it to the NC Championship game.

There has been a hell of a lot of FIRST ROUND NFL Q.B. Busts in the last 5 years. I need not get into it or place a list here. However, Chico is not one of them.

The kid is very good. The faster Packer Fans except that, recognize that, and support him, then the better chance Green Bay will have at keeping this kid who has gone through major challenges to prove to the people of Green Bay that he is, Indeed..... Very good, and very committed.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Sponsor
Offline jdlax  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 4:06:00 AM(UTC)
jdlax

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The kid is very good. The faster Packer Fans except that, recognize that, and support him, then the better chance Green Bay will have at keeping this kid who has gone through major challenges to prove to the people of Green Bay that he is, Indeed..... Very good, and very committed.

R.P.

The Packers, when Brett Favre said he'd like to rejoin them, informed him that he was no longer part of their plans, and that Aaron Rodgers is their guy. I have a feeling that makes someone like Aaron Rodgers feel pretty good, and that he's going to stick around. I don't think that keeping him is going to be any kind of issue after a show of faith like that.
blank
Offline RaiderPride  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 4:19:33 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 97
Applause Received: 187

R.P.

The Packers, when Brett Favre said he'd like to rejoin them, informed him that he was no longer part of their plans, and that Aaron Rodgers is their guy. I have a feeling that makes someone like Aaron Rodgers feel pretty good, and that he's going to stick around. I don't think that keeping him is going to be any kind of issue after a show of faith like that.

GREAT Point.

However, that was T.T. and I hope M.M.

Not the "FANS" and people of Green Bay. I think, being such a small community it will eventually be the fans, and people of Green Bay that will have a huge effect on whether "Chico" re-Signs.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 11:20:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

Did you hear the roar of cheers when Aaron came out that first pre season game? He had to wave his hands down when he was at the line of scrimmage.

Aaron knows the fans have his back.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dhpackr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:26:16 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

I totally expect a 12-4 season and a appearance in the NFC Championship, why would I be content with the team taking a step backwards?? What has changed from last season??
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline gopackgo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:42:36 PM(UTC)
gopackgo

This is a much tougher year schedule-wise. The Vikings are better, the Bears are healthy (for now), and playing the AFC South is the worst possible draw, IMO.

However, even Rodgers takes a while to get going, this TEAM is good enough to make the playoffs. We all saw what the Giants did last year, all a team needs to do is make the playoffs.
blank
Offline gotarace  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:46:33 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 15

I totally expect a 12-4 season and a appearance in the NFC Championship, why would I be content with the team taking a step backwards?? What has changed from last season??

Excellent call dh only one major change from last year and we should have improved over a draft cycle. The team should have another year of grasping Mike McCarthy system and everyone says the QB is only one player on a team. Lets get to the regular season and play some Packer football.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline Jacob  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:17:25 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

I think we are capable of a 12-4 team, but everything will have to go right like it did last year, which is very unlikely....
Offline dhpackr  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:21:14 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

I think we are capable of a 12-4 team, but everything will have to go right like it did last year, which is very unlikely....

I hope the running game is established early in the 2008 season.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline DGB454  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:39:22 PM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

This is a much tougher year schedule-wise. The Vikings are better, the Bears are healthy (for now), and playing the AFC South is the worst possible draw, IMO.

However, even Rodgers takes a while to get going, this TEAM is good enough to make the playoffs. We all saw what the Giants did last year, all a team needs to do is make the playoffs.

Good points. Even the Lions look better so far. Don't know if they will hit the wall like last year but for now they have had a suprising preseason.
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:25:26 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

RP - I like Rodgers as much as the next guy. My retirement home is in Chico. I went to Chico State. I love Chico. I will be going to Chico every weekend I can to watch Packer games.

But to think Rodgers would have gotten us that far last year is really stretching it. Brett Favre was the MVP of last year. He helped get us that far. Yes, tons of credit goes to MM. But if we had to give credit to one player, it would be Brett Favre.

Without him, we wouldn't have even been in that position so it's a mute point.

Now he's not a Packer any more so all we can do is root for Aaron Rodgers. I hope he stays healthy the whole season. Keep in mind, I'll be rooting for the Packers with people who know Aaron Rodgers personally, and some may even be family members.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline chibiabo  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 1:03:36 PM(UTC)
chibiabo

:magnifyglass: One cannot say that without Brett GB wouldn't have got as far last year. No one knows where the team would have been. One can guess and that's about as far as it goes. For example would GB have won that Dallas game if Brett had not started? No one really knows. This year should be verrrry interesting and fun.
blank
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 1:54:48 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

I do not expect the Packers to go 13-3 like last year. This season will be a small step back, that is natural progress needed to make a huge step forward.

Last year "EVERTHING" went right for the Pack. The NFC North teams imploded, the schedule was perfect for the Packers, and they had virtually no injuries that effected the destiny of the team. It was a dream year that ended with an expected "Thud"

Face it. We all knew it was coming sooner or later in that N.F.C. Championship Game. It is scary to expect the worse, an interception to end the game.

The expected "Thud" is gone, but the road is tougher this year. Now I think in all honesty that if "Chico" started the overtime session last year the Packers would have been in the Super bowl. That is a fact in my mind and you can bash me for that thought, but I believe it.

"Chico" is going to be great. But it will take a year or two. I do not expect him to change the minds of most Packer Fans, but eventually most Packer fan's minds will be changed.

It is the kid's first year. Let's all remember that. Go with the flow. Chances are, all will not fall into place and be as perfect as last year.

However, there will not be the expected "THUD" should the Packers over achieve. and make it to the NC Championship game.

There has been a hell of a lot of FIRST ROUND NFL Q.B. Busts in the last 5 years. I need not get into it or place a list here. However, Chico is not one of them.

R.P.

R.P.
I am not going to bash you for your post, what is truly amazing to me is you of all people on this forum would put the blame of a loss on one person.

Since I have been a member on this forum(and the other) you have always been one of the few who always seemed to "get it" a man of reason.

You didn't quite say it right when you said"everything went right", because The Packers did not make it to The Superbowl.

The championship game came down to which team was going to get the break they needed to win the game, that break went to the Giants.

Destiny is a team who finishes 2nd in their division, qualifies as the last wildcard team, and proceeds to win 3 road play-off games to get to the Superbowl, then winning the Superbowl by beating an 18-0 team.
That is destiny.

Brett Favre is gone, how or why he left doesn't matter anymore, but please don't try and downplay what Brett meant to this team last year and the proceeding 15 years before that.

You are right that repeating a 13-3 season should not be expected, if The Packers had the same team as last year,looking at the schedule, I would have made them a 10-6 or 11-5 team.

I have stated all along that whether it was BF or Aaron Rogers playing qb, that the Packers would be in fine shape to defend their North division title.

The problem I have is that Ted Thompson really played the whole BF thing very badly, putting Aaron under more pressure than he already was under.

You know as well as I do that if Aaron Rodgers does not get off to a good start there will be a good percentage of Packer fans who will turn on him, and not give him a chance.

Bottom line it is not how you start a season, it is how you finish, and the NYG's proved last year, play your best football when it comes to crunch time and magical things can happen.

:thumbright: Here's to a great 2008 Packer season and may they be the team who is playing their best at the end!!!!!
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline djcubez  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 2:28:39 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

The post makes sense but there's not reason to take a step back. Do you remember when Roethlisberger won the Super Bowl? Granted they got lucky, but they were a good team a QB away from that title and an unknown came in and delivered. Rodger's has more experience than Big Ben and he's inherited and amazingly young and talented team. I find no reason to believe that he can't get the job done and make this team a step forward from last year. I'm not saying it will happen, but I don't see why, just because of Brett leaving, we go backward.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline jdlax  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:31:59 PM(UTC)
jdlax

The post makes sense but there's not reason to take a step back. Do you remember when Roethlisberger won the Super Bowl? Granted they got lucky, but they were a good team a QB away from that title and an unknown came in and delivered. Rodger's has more experience than Big Ben and he's inherited and amazingly young and talented team. I find no reason to believe that he can't get the job done and make this team a step forward from last year. I'm not saying it will happen, but I don't see why, just because of Brett leaving, we go backward.

Ben Roethlisberger had almost a full season as a starting quarterback in the NFL under hi belt by then, not to mentioned a few starts in the playoffs. It was his 2nd year that they won the Superbowl. Unless you mean Aaron has more offseasons under his belt then Ben did at the point they became starters. ;)
blank
Rss Feed