PackersHome name: IronMan
Real Name (first only): David
Current City: Springfield, MO
Hometown: Sweet Springs, MO
1) How did you choose your screen name?
Two reasons for my screen name.
1: Brett Favre is my favorite athlete of all time.
2: I have never called in sick to work in my life, for ANY reason. My thinking is, if I can walk, I can go to work.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
My Dad was in the Army and we moved quite a few times. I think I went to 10 different schools on 12 years. We lived in Missouri, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas, and Germany. In Germany, we were stationed at Bad Kissingen. It is no longer a military base, and has not been since the reunification of Germany in 1993. We lived there from 1982-1986. I enjoyed it there and I really miss the currywurst and bratwurst stands they would have on just about every street corner. Yummy!
We lived in El Paso, TX in the late 80s and moved to Springfield, MO in 1990, and I haved lived in this area ever since.
I have an older sister. She is 33.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
I never tried out for the school team, but I played basketball just about every day when I was in Jr. High/Highscool.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
When I first got my drivers liscense, and driving to St Louis to watch the Cardinals. My friends and I went to to several games when I was 16-20. The first game I went to, Big Hittin' Mark Whiten hit a 472 foot home run, and John Franco walked in the tying and winning runs. I remember screaming in celebration, and all my friends looking at me like I was crazy.
Also, just hanging out, and playing basketball with friends. Good times.
5) What was your first job?
Shoveling gravel with my Dad when I was 12, for 5 dollars a load. I attribute my good work ethic to my Dad. When I hit the work force, I was ready for any hard work anyone wanted to throw at me.
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
Brett Favre. Up until the last few years, I always saw myself as more of a Favre fan than a Packers fan. But after I got to visit Green Bay, and enjoy the Lambeau experience, there was no going back. There is absolutely no other team I would rather root for.
I have been to Lambeau four times, and I tear up each time. It is only February, and I cannot wait to go back. My only goal for the next 7 months, is to work as much overtime as I possibly can, so I can go to a few more games this year.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
The Colts game last season. Most fun I have ever had in my life.
This was my second game at Lambeau. At my first game the year before, I was too concerned about how much money I spent, how much I ate, etc. As a result, I didn't really enjoy the experience as much as I should have. This time I did not hold back. My goal was to have fun, and by Jennings thats what I did. It helped that the Packers had one of their best games of the season. The weather was perfect as well. After the game I called just about everyone I knew, telling them how awesome it was.
And really, all three games I went to last year were awesome. On one of the tours I did, I got to see Charles Woodson coming out of the locker room, and I got a picture of him waving at me. Awesome! I won an autographed A.J. Hawk photo at the Larry McCarren show. And at the Detroit game, I got to meet a friend that was attending his first ever game at Lambeau. I think I was as exited for him as he was for himself.
8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?
Found it through another forum. I enjoy it because of the people.
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
The St. Louis Cardinals, Springfield Cardinals(St Louis' double a team), Missouri St. Bears, and the UTEP Miners.
10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
Browsing other Packers forums, playing guitar.
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
It will never happen, but...I would like to look up at myself on the jumbo tron, while I ran in the game winning TD in the Super Bowl with no time left on the clock. WOW that would be awesome.
12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
13) What is your worst fear?
Going broke. About 6 years ago, the company I was working for went out of business and I was pretty much down to nothing. It was a horrible feeling having to borrow money just to pay my rent. I quickly rebounded and decided that I was never going to let that happen again.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Playing guitar, browsing the web, sleeping. (Yeah, I'm pretty boring.)
15) Whats your favorite food?
Fried potatoes at Lamberts Cafe. Freaking heaven.
16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Attend the Super Bowl and watch the Packers win.
18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I haven't given this much thought. I am pretty happy where I am.
19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.
1. Brett Favre. My favorite athlete of all time. Mainly because of his streak.
2. Greg Jennings. Classy guy, doesn't celebrate too much when he scores a touchdown, and just an over all cool dude.
3. Donald Driver.
4. Charles Woodson.
5. Reggie White.
20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?
When everyone had to change their sigs/avatars purple. While it pained me to see so much purple at a Packers site, it was also pretty entertaining.
21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.