Footnote.. Bypassing Cheesey at this time.. until he fully recovers.. so I volunteered myself to get the ball rolling again..
PackersHome name: Pack93z
Real name (first only): Shawn
Current City:Rib Lake
Occupation: Director/Manager of IT (Title changes like a hat)
1) How did you choose your screen name?
Pack - Simply the Packers.
93 - When I started to hit internet forums, Big Gil was my player.. might not have lit up a stat sheet, but the dude was the fabric of many a defense.
Z - Back in the day, I signed up for a internet mail account with Yahoo.. somebody had my chosen screen name, so I added a Z to the end.. and walla.. it has stuck since.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I am the oldest of four children, two brothers and one spoiled sister. We grew up on a farm in Central Wisconsin, so being the oldest I was tasked with a majority of the chores. Tough financial life growing up on a farm in the 80's, but it drove a core set of values into you. Something that doesn't seem to fade, and you never forget where you come from.
Small town, in grades one through 4, I had six classmates.. from that point on, combined we had a class of around 35 yearly. Small town USA.. where I feel comfortable.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
Name a sport and I played it, but none drew my attention like football. Worked summers in the fields to build up enough money and time off to attend camps around the area, I was always bigger than other so I excelled on the football field until I hit these camps.. then I was forced to learn the true game of football. Became a student of the game..
I was in:
I tutored students through high school.. mostly 5th and 6th graders.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
Teens.. probably being named all conference my Sophomore year even though I missed a handful of games after the accident. Still finished with the most sacks in the conference.
5) What was your first job?
I lived on a farm, does that count. For others... it was working on other peoples farm, field work to milking.. whatever I could do to earn a couple bucks.
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
Born and raised in Wisconsin.. looked forward to the games weekly. Truth be told, I was a diehard Cowboy fan as well in those days, Tom Laundry was a hell of a coach. The 70's Packers teams were brutal to watch at times.. as a kid, it was even tougher.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
There are so many, from the Monday night game against Washington, the Martin hit, the instant replay game, Watching Lynn Dickey pull himself up time after time.
But just a single moment.. Favre's goal line dive against the Falcons, but the Packers back on the map in playoff talks.. it was a weight that was lifted.
8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?
I visited as a secondary stop for some time, but became ultra active during the great migration.
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
Anything Badgers (okay not hockey), Baseball, College Basketball, Golf, Nascar.
10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
Working, Playing, spending time with my kids, outside hunting or fishing.. four wheeling..
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
Donning a helmet and making one goal line stand for the Packers.. like hitting Walter Payton mid air or drilling the Fridge in the earhole.
12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
Can't really say... well over 40 though..
13) What is your worst fear?
Not being able to walk.. that and something happening to my kids.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Hunting, Fishing, Golf, Computers, Drawing. Countless occasional others.
15) Whats your favorite food?
Probably Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken, either that a or grilled thick juicy steak off my Grille.
16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.
Been to many wonderful places in this country.. but my favorite would have to be a little village on Maui.. Hana.. I would peacefully like to retire someplace upon that island.. maybe even in such a spot.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Scuba Dive with a couple of sharks.. no lie.. I would first want to hit the cage with a couple great whites.. then open dive with a less aggressive species..
18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Where I am or a remote village in one of the islands of Hawaii.
19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.
1. Gilbert Brown.. just liked how that cat played the game.
2. Ed West - Blue collar working class TE.. wasn't fast, wasn't dominate, but showed up weekly to play the game.
3. Mark Murphy.. Another working class player.. not afraid to stick his nose into any fray.
4. Mike "Mad Dog" Douglass... Played the game on the edge, fiery type player than at times was unapproachable by friend and opponent alike.
5. Wayne Simmons - Dude had a nasty streak to him.. of all the players during the SB runs, I think he was overlooked the most.
Frankie "Bag of Doughnuts" Winters
James Jefferson and James Lofton
On and on and on..
20) Up to now, what is your favorite PackersHome memory or feature?
It has to be about the people..
all sorts of things to RP cracking a joke
WPR sharing stories about his son,
Montana Bob ringing in with some humor..
Cheesey being Cheesey..
Tripp and his runaway mouse..
Vikesrule and his jesting nature
Winding Packnic up
Warhawk and his perspective
Some of those abroad sharing opinions from far away
4PackGirl and her endless flirting
And countless others..
It is all about the relationships formed and the conversations shared.. isn't that enough?
21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.
Dfoster.. Lets hear from that crazy jarhead eh. :lol: