Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TOPackerFan  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:00:43 PM(UTC)
TOPackerFan

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)


Cole must be a lightweight. I got pulled over a couple of years ago on US 41 in Appleton for going 88 in a 65 (had out of state plates - Ontario - so I thought I was cooked). Cop was actually a decent guy though. He asked if I had any connections to Wisconsin and I smiled and said "just the Packers." He looked at me, and then looked away, but I could tell he was laughing. Came back 5 minutes later, still smiling, with a written warning and told me to slow down.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
Offline TOPackerFan  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:02:52 PM(UTC)
TOPackerFan

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
and this past summer I was pulled over in Illinois doing 80 in a 65


I always wondered how fast you had to be going to get a ticket in Illinois. I always thought it was a lot faster than that though.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
Offline mi_keys  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:04:59 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 218
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Keys.........it's the luck of the draw. Some cops will cut you some slack, some won't.
I go 5 over at the MOST, no matter what the other people are doing. I look at it this way........if you are driving 100 miles to get somewhere, how much faster will you get there by going 10-15 over the speed limit? 10 minutes maybe? Is that worth taking the chance of a big fine and points on your license, which also brings up you insurance costs?
I have been driving for 33 years. Know how many speeding tickets i have got over that time? ZERO. The only times i came close was what i posted earlier when i worked at the Sentinel.
If you don't break the law, you don't really have anything to worry or bitch about.
Just because everyone else is doing it, that doesn't make it right.


Cheesey I know what you're saying and I agree with you. That's why I won't go over any more and even before the ticket I rarely exceeded 5 over. But the inconsistencies still piss me off.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Online Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:43:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
and this past summer I was pulled over in Illinois doing 80 in a 65


I always wondered how fast you had to be going to get a ticket in Illinois. I always thought it was a lot faster than that though.


I thought the speed limit in Illinois was 70? Oops...
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:59:30 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

I live right outside of Washington DC. The Beltway is always crazy, 70-80 is the norm around here lol
blank
Offline mi_keys  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:12:36 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 218
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
and this past summer I was pulled over in Illinois doing 80 in a 65


I always wondered how fast you had to be going to get a ticket in Illinois. I always thought it was a lot faster than that though.


I thought the speed limit in Illinois was 70? Oops...


It used to be... I remember when I was younger and I'd go up from St. Louis to Sturgeon Bay with my family and my dad would be going 85 to 90 the whole way... never once pulled over.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:18:25 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Keys.........it's the luck of the draw. Some cops will cut you some slack, some won't.
I go 5 over at the MOST, no matter what the other people are doing. I look at it this way........if you are driving 100 miles to get somewhere, how much faster will you get there by going 10-15 over the speed limit? 10 minutes maybe? Is that worth taking the chance of a big fine and points on your license, which also brings up you insurance costs?
I have been driving for 33 years. Know how many speeding tickets i have got over that time? ZERO. The only times i came close was what i posted earlier when i worked at the Sentinel.
If you don't break the law, you don't really have anything to worry or bitch about.
Just because everyone else is doing it, that doesn't make it right.


Cheesey I know what you're saying and I agree with you. That's why I won't go over any more and even before the ticket I rarely exceeded 5 over. But the inconsistencies still piss me off.

I understand what you are saying.........you never know if the cop will write you up or not. They let some go, and some they nail. Some cops are understanding, some not.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:53:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

The only time a cop let me go was with a pretty pink slip. I I have a hard time believing anyone who says they got away without a ticket!!! I got 27 of them bastards in a four year span that totaled more than 3k in fines.

Very valuable lesson learned. Don't let an 18 yr old have a convertible and don't let him have a truck that he can take off roading and rack up trespassing fines.
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:41:18 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

speed limits in illinois - 65 on major highways for cars & 55 on major highways for semi's, vehicles hauling trailers, campers, & motorhomes. pisses off the truckers but it's a helluva lot better than the bottleneck y'all have up there in wisconsin letting EVERYBODY do 65!!!!! ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:55:14 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The only time a cop let me go was with a pretty pink slip. I I have a hard time believing anyone who says they got away without a ticket!!! I got 27 of them bastards in a four year span that totaled more than 3k in fines.

Very valuable lesson learned. Don't let an 18 yr old have a convertible and don't let him have a truck that he can take off roading and rack up trespassing fines.

Wow.......27????? In 4 years?????
Man......i should have over 200 by now!
But i still have NONE!!! :whipitgood: :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:23:57 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 604
Applause Received: 274

Who the heck in Wiconsin doesn't go 88 in a 65?
When I hit US 41 north of Green Bay as I'm driving down from the U.P.,
I feel like I'm in the Indy 500.
I consistantly drive 7 MPH over the speed limit and when I'm on a 4 lane road in Wisconsin I get passed like I'm standing still.
Cole must not have had Wisconsin plates!
Offline zombieslayer  
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:19:50 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Wow.......27????? In 4 years?????
Man......i should have over 200 by now!
But i still have NONE!!! :whipitgood: :thumbleft:


I think you have to leave the house to get a speeding ticket. That's why.

Just kidding. :lol:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline warhawk  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:52:57 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 220

Put a good looking chick in the passanger seat with plenty of clevage, ask the officer several questions while your "friend" leans over as if listening intently.

Your ticket count goes to 0.

However, it will cost you MORE in the long run boys, a whole lot more.

Hell, I just pay the tickets now. Much less aggrivating.
"The train is leaving the station."
Online Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:04:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The only time a cop let me go was with a pretty pink slip. I I have a hard time believing anyone who says they got away without a ticket!!! I got 27 of them bastards in a four year span that totaled more than 3k in fines.

Very valuable lesson learned. Don't let an 18 yr old have a convertible and don't let him have a truck that he can take off roading and rack up trespassing fines.

Wow.......27????? In 4 years?????
Man......i should have over 200 by now!
But i still have NONE!!! :whipitgood: :thumbleft:


Hah, yeah... the first few years of me driving, I thought I mistook driving as a right, not a privilege. I learned though, took a few, ahh... few yes a few tickets before I did though.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:53:29 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Put a good looking chick in the passanger seat with plenty of clevage, ask the officer several questions while your "friend" leans over as if listening intently.

Your ticket count goes to 0.

However, it will cost you MORE in the long run boys, a whole lot more.

Hell, I just pay the tickets now. Much less aggrivating.


That doesn't work. He gets jealous that she's with you and not him and finds even more things wrong with your car. Bad taillight, no front license plate, etc. Tacks it on in addition to your speeding ticket.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22-Oct / Announcements / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko