Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline porky88  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:30:31 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 331

On paper I think they are a 10 to 11 win team but the unknown at QB is a concern. That unknown could be great and he could lead the Packers to 12 or 13 wins. He could also struggle and lead the Pack to 6 or 7 wins.

So once again it's kind of a one game at a time type of deal. I do think the team is coming into the season with a chip on it's shoulder though. I think a lot of the media has overlooked this team because Favre isn't there. I think that bothers some guys, especially the younger ones.
Offline tromadz  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:38:33 AM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Me and Packone will be revealing our predictions podcast style this weekend.
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:15:41 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I have the "fear of the unknown", as of course we have a new QB. How he fares i think will determine where we go.
And of course if our RB's can bust off some big gains, that will ease the pressure at QB. With our WR talent, we could have a HUGE offensive year.
UserPostedImage
Online yooperfan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:06:20 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 518
Applause Received: 242

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'm saying 11-5, and here's why:

Rodgers will be about as good as Favre, and the rest of the lineup is virtually identical to last year's. I think they will fall back a little from 13-3 because a lot of things went right for them last year (that win against Philly, for one thing), and the schedule should be tougher this year, as they are matched up against the AFC South, and the NFC North will probably be tougher as well.

I do have some worries about the offensive line, of course, but the way I look at is is that because the other players on offense are so good, the line only has to be average. And with virtually the same personnel as last year, I see no reason why they can't be just as good as they were last year.

On defense, the line is a concern, but Pickett did not play in the preseason and KGB barely played either. Both those guys are important to our defense's success. I think the defense is stronger at the backup positions, as players like Bishop, Rouse, and Tramon Williams are more seasoned. Plus, they will be most likely blitzing and mixing up coverages more than they did last year. We got a taste of that in the last preseason game.

On special teams, the kicker and punter should be about as good as last year, and there is a good chance that the return game will be improved.

Bottom line: THIS IS A GOOD TEAM, FOLKS.

It's hard to predict the playoffs, but I'm saying they win the division without earning a bye, then they beat everyone and win the Super Bowl. Why not?

Greg,
I agree almost word for word with your post.
2 Exceptions:

1. I think the change of QBs (which I whole heartedly support) will cost us two wins. I think this will be due to the experience factor, not talent or ability.
2. In your last sentance you mentioned the two most dreaded words a fan can say prior to the start of the season.
Lion fans and the Lions have brought up these two words every year for two decades and look what happens to them.

I'm going 9-7 which was my prediction for last year.
Offline millertime  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:16:49 PM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

We win the North. I'm not sure if it will take 9, 10, 11, or 12 wins, but I know we'll do it.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline Greg C.  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:20:16 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Greg,
I agree almost word for word with your post.
2 Exceptions:

1. I think the change of QBs (which I whole heartedly support) will cost us two wins. I think this will be due to the experience factor, not talent or ability.
2. In your last sentance you mentioned the two most dreaded words a fan can say prior to the start of the season.
Lion fans and the Lions have brought up these two words every year for two decades and look what happens to them.

I'm going 9-7 which was my prediction for last year.

Point taken, and thanks for the feedback. But the Lions are the Lions. If they had finished 13-3 last year I would not argue with anyone who picked them to win the Super Bowl. The trouble with the Lions is that they suck every year and you still get people picking them to do big things the following year. I'll believe it when I see it.
blank
Rss Feed